Surviving on £1 a day for food and drink

sage
Message added by Day,

Many families across the county may be forced to rely on food banks for the first time this year, with businesses either closing down or laying off staff.

If you can, even if it's just the cost of a pie and a pint or even a match ticket, please donate and help us put a meal on a family's table tonight.

https://www.derbycitymission.org.uk/fundraisers/dcfc-fans-food-poverty

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Great work you and your lad have done, but you nearly got me a telling off from the missus!

She spied the bank statement, and saw an amount to Derby City Mission on there.

She instantly assumed I'd contributed to a new phoenix club, and rang angrily to ask wtf was I thinking! 

Next year I'll raise money for Bubbles Food Bank, then you'll have no problems 

15 minutes ago, sage said:

Joiners at Quarndon for lunch. Big shop tomorrow 

Enjoy your lunch today, Sage! It's well deserved. Well done!

£1,000 would have been great but £600 will buy a lot of food and mean that many families won't have to go to bed hungry.

What matters most is that you saw people who were in need and did something about it.

Well we did it. 

It wasn't easy but managed to get lucky with some late shopping. I probably ended up having more sugary stuff than normal, as its junk food and bread that are most often reduced. 

Ive discovered a new recipe (potato hash) to add to my reportoire, now up to 8 different meals I can cook. 

The worst parts of it all were only drinking water and being socially constricted when out and about. The interesting part was how it takes over your thinking as you have to plan, shop and prepare more. Whilst I enjoyed the challenge of that for a week, I can imagine you would tire of this if it was your life. 

So far we've raised around £600 which to be honest, I'm disappointed with. The appeal will stay open until the end of the season. I'm probably on Radio Derby again tomorrow, around 6. 25pm.

Thanks to all those who contributed and if you havent got round to it yet, the link is below. 

Edited by sage

On 19/04/2022 at 10:05, sage said:

https://www.derbycitymission.org.uk/fundraisers/dcfc-fans-food-poverty

We have the link now, if people want to donate

or

Click on the Give Button not the Donate Button, then go on current fundraisers and find the DCFC Fans option

Assume the "Donate" button will get to the right fundraiser?   Can't find a "Give" button!  ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Assume the "Donate" button will get to the right fundraiser?   Can't find a "Give" button!  ?‍♂️

if you follow the link, then yes press donate. if you are on the home website page, give is just below donate

You should be able to see the other donations below

Edited by sage