Museum of Making/Silk Mill

Carl Sagan

Not sure if it's still the case, but when we went last year, we parked in Bold Lane car park. We took the plastic parking card with us to the mueum, they scanned it and we only had to pay £2.50 for all day parking - worth checking if anyone is travelling any distance and has to go via car....

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Boycie said:

It wasn’t us.  

I can’t believe it was a museum from London that won?

Viewed cynically, it's a bit of a "right-on" choice and a calculated snub to the Midlands. The MoM "celebrates" the Industrial Revolution which, in some circles, is the root of all current and historic evils and must be denounced at every opportunity. 

On the other hand, the Hornimann is a pretty unique museum itself, though not easily accessible to visitors from outside Lewisham. I do wonder if getting the award will make much difference to its status. 

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Viewed cynically, it's a bit of a "right-on" choice and a calculated snub to the Midlands. The MoM "celebrates" the Industrial Revolution which, in some circles, is the root of all current and historic evils and must be denounced at every opportunity. 

On the other hand, the Hornimann is a pretty unique museum itself, though not easily accessible to visitors from outside Lewisham. I do wonder if getting the award will make much difference to its status. 

The 100k will come in handy mind. Maybe build a car park?