The Ukraine War

Day

As was telegraphed last week. Ukraine has pulled back from Avdiivka, although there is debate over whether they have left the coke plant and the district next to it. 

Putin wins a pile of ruble that was once home to thousands of people, at great cost.

38 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

As was telegraphed last week. Ukraine has pulled back from Avdiivka, although there is debate over whether they have left the coke plant and the district next to it. 

Putin wins a pile of ruble that was once home to thousands of people, at great cost.

There's sometimes even I find quite incredible...the link below will show some pretty nasty pictures so be aware.

This is from July 2023

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-moscow-ukraine-data-covid-b2372305.html

Edited by Ram-Alf

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

A Robert Kennedy tweet a GB News video with Neil Oliver in.  Whatever it says, I believe it already!

The world is a much better place now we get our news and views from cranks. It's maybe why we keep getting such great leaders in power!

That's right, don't listen, just name call. 

I will break it down for you, war is a racket, the longer we deny it, the longer it persists.

11 minutes ago, ramit said:

That's right, don't listen, just name call. 

I will break it down for you, war is a racket, the longer we deny it, the longer it persists.

Oh right, I was there thinking it was a just war, where 2 sides were both fighting for an undeniable truth that was worth dying for.

I hope an aggresive foreign power (which assainating it's opponents at home) never invades your city/country and kills your friends. I assume you won't want any help/arms to defend yourself because a guy off Coast says it's a racket?

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Oh right, I was there thinking it was a just war, where 2 sides were both fighting for an undeniable truth that was worth dying for.

I hope an aggresive foreign power (which assainating it's opponents at home) never invades your city/country and kills your friends. I assume you won't want any help/arms to defend yourself because a guy off Coast says it's a racket?

War is a racket is a quote from US Marine Corps general Smedley D Butler who also wrote a book with that title.

Assainated?  Been there, done that, but thanks for your concern.

Edited by ramit
Wording

2 hours ago, ramit said:

Sometimes even a politician tells a truth

Eugene Grace was Chairman of Bethlehem Steel in the USA before WW2 broke out, When the States joined the War after the bombing of Pearl Harbour Franklin D Roosevelt invited Grace to a meeting to talk about the War effort, A few days later Grace gets all the other steel manufacturers together at a meeting, While all were sitting down and smoking a Cigar and a glass of fine Whiskey...Grace stood up and said the immortal words..."Gentlemen we're going to be Rich" 

Without the USA Steel industry, Guns/Rifles, Bombs, Trucks, Ships, Tanks, Submarines, Planes, Ammunition, Helmets, knives/forks/spoons and plates...the War wouldn't have ended as it did.

Unfortunately...someone has to pay for all this equipment, Great Britain paid it's last payment to the USA for lend lease 61 years after the end of WW2.

Also a ship load of Gold was on it's way from Russia to the UK for payments of War supplies during 39/45, The Germans sank this ship, some 50/60 years later divers found the ship and found all the Gold, Once the divers took their share the UK and Russia went 50/50 with the remaining bars of Gold.

War is a business 👍   

4 hours ago, ramit said:

War is a racket is a quote from US Marine Corps general Smedley D Butler who also wrote a book with that title.

Assainated?  Been there, done that, but thanks for your concern.

I'm blocking you Ramit. It's either that or get banned.

You've bought into inane arguments about significant global issues, and the garbage you spout about them is pure distilled idiocy. If you had your way democracy and liberty would be dead in months. 

Not personal, I hope for the day you sense, but goodbye.

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Indeed. In this particular war, one side can go home and live happily ever after, whenever they choose. 

The other side are home and are fighting for their right to exist.

My views are so upsetting to some here that they react by throwing insults instead of laying out decently thought out counter arguments, which I am sure they are capable of, but I am seemingly not worthy of such debate.  I am anti war, oh the horror, my goodness what idiocy, what an affront to democracy, decency and freedom and I don't know what.  I am just as frustrated by some folks views here as they are of mine, but I try to be civil for reasons of my health and basic human consideration. 

I am against the American empire and it's military industrial complex, an empire that speaks incessantly of democracy and freedom but wants nothing of the sort, only vassal states, only it's own views and superiority must prevail.  The USA stands with Israel's mass murder in Gaza, supply and politically enable them and this appalls many naturally, yet they support their military machine in other ventures, something which I find strange.  Their time however is thankfully coming to an end, whether their staunch supporters like that or not.

59 minutes ago, ramit said:

I am against the American empire and it's military industrial complex, an empire that speaks incessantly of democracy and freedom but wants nothing of the sort, only vassal states, only it's own views and superiority must prevail.  The USA stands with Israel's mass murder in Gaza, supply and politically enable them and this appalls many naturally, yet they support their military machine in other ventures, something which I find strange.  Their time however is thankfully coming to an end, whether their staunch supporters like that or not.

Unfortunately their time is now, It will be tomorrow, Next week, Next month, Next year and so on and so on.

Read this...you may or may not be surprised, It has also happened here in the UK and will continue to happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-68137582

8 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Unfortunately their time is now, It will be tomorrow, Next week, Next month, Next year and so on and so on.

Read this...you may or may not be surprised, It has also happened here in the UK and will continue to happen.

I am more optimistic, or pessimistic as it may be, heh.  Sure they still wield considerable power, but their petrodollar is waning, their technology no longer all superior, their political muscle weakening as countries increasingly look for their own advantage instead of only the USA's. 

I see indications and similarities to the last days of Rome, as their homeland divisions grow and their leaders get ever weaker.  Their lashing out in places like Ukraine and Israel, while threatening China and Iran are indicative of weakness, not strength in my view.  Ukraine is not going their way, Russia is not weaker now, sanctions have not had the desired effect, even Iran makes fun of them, but yes they are probably more dangerous now than ever before, as countries prepare for a new future of multi polarity.

47 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Both the USA and Russia have the same attitude towards the citizens of other countries that they consider to be less important than them. No-one has even faced justice over Salisbury and Litvinenko because Russia just laughed it off. On both cases, in attempting to kill "traitors" they put the lives of UK residents in peril (including, in the latter case people I was acquainted with and, had they chosen another day, yours truly).

I have no great love of the American government and the uber-Patriots among their population, but on balance I trust them not to harm my family marginally more than Russia under Putin.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

My views are so upsetting to some here that they react by throwing insults instead of laying out decently thought out counter arguments, which I am sure they are capable of, but I am seemingly not worthy of such debate.  I am anti war, oh the horror, my goodness what idiocy, what an affront to democracy, decency and freedom and I don't know what.  I am just as frustrated by some folks views here as they are of mine, but I try to be civil for reasons of my health and basic human consideration. 

Their time may be coming to an end (although I doubt it any time soon) but “thankfully” is only the right word if the next super power that replaces them is better. I can’t say that I’m hugely optimistic. I reckon one thing history has taught us is that when one super power (or empire if you’d prefer) declines, they are just replaced by another with similar intent and morals. It could be a case of careful what you wish for.

Edited by Tamworthram

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Their time may be coming to an end (although I doubt it any time soon) but “thankfully” is only the right word if the next super power that replaces them is better. I can’t say that I’m hugely optimistic. 

No more super powers, cooperation between countries, a fair and working UN and the lion shall sleep with the lamb. 

Oh well, one can dream.

20 minutes ago, ramit said:

I am more optimistic, or pessimistic as it may be, heh.  Sure they still wield considerable power, but their petrodollar is waning, their technology no longer all superior, their political muscle weakening as countries increasingly look for their own advantage instead of only the USA's. 

I see indications and similarities to the last days of Rome, as their homeland divisions grow and their leaders get ever weaker.  Their lashing out in places like Ukraine and Israel, while threatening China and Iran are indicative of weakness, not strength in my view.  Ukraine is not going their way, Russia is not weaker now, sanctions have not had the desired effect, even Iran makes fun of them, but yes they are probably more dangerous now than ever before, as countries prepare for a new future of multi polarity.

It's all a tough call ramit, I see the USA with bases all around the World, China building an Island in the China sees and pointing a heavy fist at Taiwan, Russia invading lands because they can, Russia is filling the coffers of Irans bank...who then fund others to do their bidding, I see Mexico flooding the USA with Fentanyl killing 100s if not 1000s of USA citizens.

Those of us on this forum have answers...but maybe our answers don't suit those in power, I wished I had the strength of those who would fight the wrongs in the World, Just like the Tommy's in WW1 who did the bidding of those in power and those that refused(306)were executed for their troubles.

Alexei Navalny...a true Hero...but now Dead 😔