By the 5th March…

Sussex Ram

…I think it’s fair to say we’ll have a much clearer idea of whether it’s possible to pull off the great escape. By then, we’ll have played 4 of the 6 teams closest to us in the league. Huge games. Huge.

BUT- I’ve always had a feeling that February is a bad month for us, results wise. And December we always seem to do well. I looked at league results over the past four and half seasons:

February:

W 32% // D 36% // L 32% // GD +2

December:

W 52% // D 28% // L 20% // GD +15

Even discounting an insane Dec 2017 (won 5, drew 1 with +10 GD) I think the numbers show something there. I’d argue that matching our past February record might not be enough to get us where we need to be, given the amount of 6 pointers. We need to be more like “December us”.

Granted, losing Stearman to suspension and Jozwiak/CKR to injury puts even more strain on an already threadbare squad. But our strength this year has been in guts and determination, not necessarily in experience. Let’s hope we can keep the momentum up (and the injuries away!) over the next 7 games.

It’ll be the lack of depth that does for us. The lads have been immense but the last 3 games it’s become obvious that we’re suffering from not being able to rotate a bit of experience in and out. Unless we can get the embargo ****ed off very soon I think we’ll struggle as we pick up injuries and suspensions.

I think we are all clutching at straws to be honest,what with suspensions and now injury's its all becoming a massive ask

Last three games shows were we are in real terms apart from a 96th minute equalizer out the blue it would of been three on the bounce 

We have 17 games to get a minimum 30 points realistically,we will give our support until the end for sure but survival is unlikely  

2 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

I think we are all clutching at straws to be honest,what with suspensions and now injury's its all becoming a massive ask

Last three games shows were we are in real terms apart from a 96th minute equalizer out the blue it would of been three on the bounce 

We have 17 games to get a minimum 30 points realistically,we will give our support until the end for sure but survival is unlikely  

That's the spirit ?

We haven't won in a few games and all of a sudden it's impossible. Nonsense. We're 7 points from safety. A win for us and a loss for Reading it's down to 4. This is very much on. If we were in a scenario where we are 3 points from safety on the final day, it's would still be possible. I think everybody would take that. Yes injuries and suspensions are a problem but while we can still put a Derby County team out there with fight and determination, we can win any game. Believe.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well must just be me and Wayne then. I thought we looked pretty decent last night. With 11 I'd have fancied us to get a point at least, they were nothing special and not really dangerous for all they passed it about.

No, I too thought we did as well as any team would playing with 10 men for 91 minutes and a ref that could comfortably be described as a 'homer' - after all, we weren't playing Forest. ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well must just be me and Wayne then. I thought we looked pretty decent last night. With 11 I'd have fancied us to get a point at least, they were nothing special and not really dangerous for all they passed it about.

Yes correct whatever people say of the standard of the division this year they are play off contenders and  we held our own with 10 men. 

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes correct whatever people say of the standard of the division this year they are play off contenders and  we held our own with 10 men. 

Absolutely. If you think about where we should be in the league, mid table, there are teams that are better than us, that we shouldn’t expect to beat, like Huddersfield or Forest away, but there are plenty of teams below us that we should expect to beat (Birmingham at home being one of them, to be honest). They’re the games that will make or break our season.