DCFC fans- protect your mental health

angieram

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I agree with a lot of the above; nothing is going to happen quickly on this so rather than getting addicted to the heavy traffic threads, with all the highs and lows that go with it, much of which is opinion, or bullpoo presented as fact, just stick to the Derby County Daily Updates Thread once or twice a day. That thread condenses down anything meaningful happening on the day.

Stay strong. We need everybody fit and well for the party we will have on 7 May when Wayne leads our Boys to a final home win of the season, condemning Cardiff to Tier 2 football along with Barnsley and Peterborough.  COYR!!!!

That's all very well but some of us have to trawl through the heavy traffic threads to get the stuff to put in the update thread. 

Or even worse, brave Twitter to search it out! 

going back in history channel GIF by HISTORY UK

Adversity often brings out the best in people.

I think we're seeing that with the fans on here.

Of course those supporters, MPs, even celebrities that are doing all they can to save our football club deserve heaps of praise - and thanks.

But I'm talking about how mindful people are that others are struggling with all of the uncertainties surrounding the club that we all love so much.

It's great how much people are sharing their own experiences, reaching out to others and making themselves available for a chat to anyone who needs it.

You lovely, lovely people.

COYR ?

#SaveDerbyCounty

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I've already deleted it. And yes, gallows humour works for me. Better to laugh than cry I find.

Gallows humour helps… just for example my daughter had a colostomy bag for the first 17 months of her life, me and the wife really like lord of the rings therefore Clara’s nickname was (and always will be) Baggins. 

make the most of what you’ve got mate, for the record you’re still my favourite poster ??

I’ve seen a couple of posters mention Parkrun.  Getting outside for a bit of exercise is really good for mental health.  There’s quite a few in the local area and I regularly do the Conkers Parkrun at Moira.  It’s free, it’s fun and you can do it at your own pace.  If you don’t fancy the run or walk you can volunteer and still get the benefit of the fresh air!!

Here’s a link to the Parkrun website, have a look and you might find one near you.

https://www.parkrun.org.uk

And if you ever turn up at Conkers you might see me with a crazy Cocker Spaniel!!

15 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Gallows humour helps… just for example my daughter had a colostomy bag for the first 17 months of her life, me and the wife really like lord of the rings therefore Clara’s nickname was (and always will be) Baggins. 

make the most of what you’ve got mate, for the record you’re still my favourite poster ??

Aww, thanks mate. I do clearly recall your trials and tribulations. Now that really was harrowing stuff and I remember thinking at the time that it rather provided some balance and perspective for the rest of us. As it is, perhaps misguidedly, I feel pretty certain the current issues at the club will be resolved so I've remained (between rants ?), relatively calm!

12 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Aww, thanks mate. I do clearly recall your trials and tribulations. Now that really was harrowing stuff and I remember thinking at the time that it rather provided some balance and perspective for the rest of us. As it is, perhaps misguidedly, I feel pretty certain the current issues at the club will be resolved so I've remained (between rants ?), relatively calm!

All ended well though mate  ? just like Derby County will ? COYR and duck the EFL. ?

Totally agree Angie, it’s a very tough moment , luckily I’ve managed to detach myself from derbys situation as my mental health is bad enough but I totally agree let’s all stick together as fans. Ask how your fellow supporters are around you, keep in contact! 

Im lucky I have an amazing mini family of people who have sat with me in the north stand since 03/04 so it’s definitely a great community that support supports each other as well as the team!