Who would you let leave?

Crazy

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What if his knee goes though.  Will be another Thorne.  I can't see he'll be risked at all in the position where in.  As a club, they can't risk having a crocked player, we still owe money for, on a good wage.  I think he'll go if we get an offer  - maybe 3 million ro alub wir parachute payments or bottom of the prem- not to much of a gamble if they can get 10 games out of him .  Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Arsenal in lieu of 3 million owed.  Get him fit and loan him out for a fee, with another fee on top if stays fit and double their money with more too come from us. Always found it strange they waived the instalment  they were owed  - first dibs maybe

I don't see us getting a penny for him until he's played a season of good quality football. With both his ACL's having gone (I think) he's a massive risk and hasn't played enough for anyone to think he's good enough for the Prem. There's a fair chance he's finished (a la Thorne) or lost a yard so on that basis probably make a decent central defender. Having zero pace didn't really stop Igor doing fairly well...

I think I’m right in saying you can’t have 3 ACLs and recover sufficiently to play pro football. Something to do with the tissue they use to replace the ligament (part of the calf I believe?) and by taking a third section would leave the muscle too susceptible….on that basis he is of course a huge risk…

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I have been doing my best to keep everyone in the loop, but you must have me on ignore ?  The club is in administration old bean, and we might need a few pounds here or there just to get us through a rather sticky patch.

You have indeed being 'doing your best to keep everyone in the loop' and most recently it's made utterly fascinating reading. I'm sure we all appreciate the hell out of your endeavours, especially those like me who were blissfully unaware that we'd been placed into administration. Sad news indeed, but nonetheless, thanks for the heads-up old bean!

My gratitude too for pointing out that folk musing on a football forum as to who is worth keeping and who we need shot of will in fact, 'get us though our sticky patch'. In my ignorance the thread appeared most likely to undermine the efforts of those deemed superfluous to requirements, whilst achieving literally nothing else. Had I grasped that these assessments would in fact be the financial salvation of the club, I would most certainly have responded quite differently. 

Sincerely,

86 ?

5 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I think I’m right in saying you can’t have 3 ACLs and recover sufficiently to play pro football. Something to do with the tissue they use to replace the ligament (part of the calf I believe?) and by taking a third section would leave the muscle too susceptible….on that basis he is of course a huge risk…

How many has Fozzy had so far? 

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You have indeed being 'doing your best to keep everyone in the loop' and most recently it's made utterly fascinating reading. I'm sure we all appreciate the hell out of your endeavours, especially those like me who were blissfully unaware that we'd been placed into administration. Sad news indeed, but nonetheless, thanks for the heads-up old bean!

My gratitude too for pointing out that folk musing on a football forum as to who is worth keeping and who we need shot of will in fact, 'get us though our sticky patch'. In my ignorance the thread appeared most likely to undermine the efforts of those deemed superfluous to requirements, whilst achieving literally nothing else. Had I grasped that these assessments would in fact be the financial salvation of the club, I would most certainly have responded quite differently. 

Sincerely,

86 ?

Nurse, Nurse. Our patient is making some good progress. Close observation is probably no longer required, but keep him on water for a few more days.

Lets face it, regardless of what our manager says, if an offer comes in for any player the administrators will have to accept, especially if we get to the end of the next week or so and they're still unable to announce a preferred bidder.

Saying that, as a sacrificial lambs I'd offer up Lawrence & Marshall.  We'd get a decent fee for the former and combined with the latter would free up plenty of wages to keep us ticking over. 

Marshall I'd let go as well as Baldock. Despite Bielik being immensely talented someone at his age having 2 ACL's already is a massive risk and I can't see anyone coming in for him at this point. If I had to let academy products go, I'd be looking at Buchanan and Bird. Buchanan because we have a habit of producing wingbacks atm and have williams waiting in the wings and Bird because I think he's a lesser talent than Thomson and knight at this point. I'd try to hang on to everyone else if at all possible.  

13 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

What if his knee goes though.  Will be another Thorne.  I can't see he'll be risked at all in the position where in.  As a club, they can't risk having a crocked player, we still owe money for, on a good wage.  I think he'll go if we get an offer  - maybe 3 million ro alub wir parachute payments or bottom of the prem- not to much of a gamble if they can get 10 games out of him .  Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Arsenal in lieu of 3 million owed.  Get him fit and loan him out for a fee, with another fee on top if stays fit and double their money with more too come from us. Always found it strange they waived the instalment  they were owed  - first dibs maybe

Can’t see him getting more than a million on that basis 

19 hours ago, Yani P said:

Don't think we will lose anyone that Rooney needs here.

This depends on whether we have a new owner are not by the end of the month,the administers are there for the creditors not Wayne Rooney never mind what he keeps saying,because if we dont and if we get a sensible offer on any player they will be gone 

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Marshall I'd let go as well as Baldock. Despite Bielik being immensely talented someone at his age having 2 ACL's already is a massive risk and I can't see anyone coming in for him at this point. If I had to let academy products go, I'd be looking at Buchanan and Bird. Buchanan because we have a habit of producing wingbacks atm and have williams waiting in the wings and Bird because I think he's a lesser talent than Thomson and knight at this point. I'd try to hang on to everyone else if at all possible.  

Marshall could be difficult for he may have to sit out his remaining 6 month contract, why did he not go to Celtic was he not Scotlands number 1 keeper at the time? could it have been wages, same with Bielik no club would take his wages on at this time.

Hope David Marshall will do everything to move on especially with the financial state the club is in, unless an ex scotland team mate has had a word ( Anya )