The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Right, Midland Drapery was on the corner of East Street and Albert Street, When shopping there they put your money in a cylinder and it went in a chute for your change and reciept to return...quite strange, Boots was on the other corner where the Ram Statue is now in the middle

Not Albert street but Albion Street

31 minutes ago, The Baron said:

They probably won’t talk to me. The last time I was on the radio (via Zoom) with Rick Parry the producer said he would only come on the show if I didn’t ask any questions and my microphone was switched off when he was being interviewed. 

Out of interest is there any reason for that? The EFL don’t appear very transparent to me (for the record I didn’t think Morris & Pearce weren’t and neither are Gibson & Couhig!) but I think it does raise alarm bells for an organisation of that size.

That lack of openness/transparency is nearly encouraging owners find their own ways against FFP and therefore spend over what they can afford on the premier league gamble. That’s not to excuse any owners from blame, but from the outside there is a culture that’s nearly encouraging their behaviour?

23 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

...said anyone ever scammed by someone claiming to be a 'psychic' into believing that their Nan's dead dog Alfred is guarding over their house.

Giving any credence whatsoever to what Barry The Ram comes out with is pure lunacy.

Nah, comparing that analogy to a Twitter account might be though!

Edited by TuffLuff

33 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Right, Midland Drapery was on the corner of East Street and Albert Street, When shopping there they put your money in a cylinder and it went in a chute for your change and reciept to return...quite strange, Boots was on the other corner where the Ram Statue is now in the middle

The old co-op was there,across from central hall. My mum used to go to the albion office to get her divi. Im not much good at remembering numbers but i can remember mams divi number still.??

35 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yes Ranbys was the former Debenhams, Yes Woolies was on Victoria st, But not in the 60s and 70s, Boots WAS on the corner now a cafe of some sort, Again not way way way back.

Woolies was still there in 66, that was when i worked there, but cant remember when it shut. Was always the shop to go and spend your pocket money.?

48 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Lansom tubes - still in use today (see Supermarket cash tills etc)

8 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

The old co-op was there,across from central hall. My mum used to go to the albion office to get her divi. Im not much good at remembering numbers but i can remember mams divi number still.??

I know my mothers and great aunts divi numbers if I didn’t bring the little yellow divi ticket back when I went errands to the Co-OP  for them I would be in trouble.

They always made me repeat the divi numbers before sending me to the CO-OP?

Happy Days 

10 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Woolies was still there in 66, that was when i worked there, but cant remember when it shut. Was always the shop to go and spend your pocket money.?

Closed in 1975 and moved to the Eagle centre

Remember Thurman and Malin on St Peters street?

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Lansom tubes - still in use today (see Supermarket cash tills etc)

I found this, Then there was another fella who was known as "the fidler on the roof" who stole 1000s of £s from Sainsburys years earlier

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780392/Thief-hides-Sainsbury-s-roof-collects-14-500-cash-pods-sent-tubes-register-cash-office.html