The Administration Thread

Boycie

Derby. EFL want to see funds for season by Feb 1 or threaten to ‘take away the golden share’ … that means kick out of league. EFL saying they would let a bidder take club on if they agree to pay any compo bills for Boro/Wycombe. That’s after admin statement blamed them … 

Massive change by EFL if this is true from Nixon

If the administrators proceed and sell the club ( unlikely as no PB will move on a threat of £51 million extra) the EFL will say because we will have failed to pay preferential creditors as in football creditors (Middlesbrough and Wycombe) we will lose our league status and the conference would be the best we could hope to be in. Obviously no one is going to buy us with that blackmail nocking about.

I last posted ages ago and have refrained from posting since - being accused of not being a Derby fan. 

I called the administration and got laughed off.

there is anger at the efl and other clubs and I suppose rightly so but one person is to blame and it’s Mel.

the admins have not followed the arbitration process of the efl framework and ignored the claims. This is the impasse. If this is due to funding the efl cannot let us sign players. It is really simple really. 

any arbitrary panel would find it hard to uphold the claims against us so why the admins haven’t used the framework to kick the can down the road points to the fact we are really up poo street.

this to me stinks of smoke and mirrors by the admin team to blame sales on the efl not them or prospective owners…

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It doesn't matter if Morris said it. This is what did the rounds of social media (Nov 2019) and is doing the rounds again this time by Boro fans!

Oh great!  Give it even more exposure why don't you!  ?

I wish people would think before posting!

*Poo... damn... what the heck have I just done!  Doh!  

2 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Derby. EFL want to see funds for season by Feb 1 or threaten to ‘take away the golden share’ … that means kick out of league. EFL saying they would let a bidder take club on if they agree to pay any compo bills for Boro/Wycombe. That’s after admin statement blamed them … 

How much do Boro want to pi*s off and leave us alone? Are they seriously sticking with 45 million ?

3 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Nixon has done that today in the sun. Trouble is with him you don't know if it is a guess or a leak

He's just embellished the EFL statements and Quantuma's. Well and edited.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17331867/Derby-kicked-out-championship-takeover-rooney/

Spot the Difference?!

The Sun: "The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised."

"Whilst we accept this is frustrating for all, none of the interested parties are able to progress matters further until such time that an agreement can be reached."

Quantuma: "The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised notwithstanding statute says otherwise. Whilst we accept this is frustrating for all, none of the interested parties are able to progress matters further until such time that an agreement can be reached."

1 minute ago, I know nuffin said:

Nixon has done that today in the sun. Trouble is with him you don't know if it is a guess or a leak

Same theory? Haven't read it but it just makes sense. 

I don't think the EFL want to go as far as seeing us go bust, that won't be their intention, nor will Gibson or that Wycombe fella want any blood on their hands from all this.

It's a game of poker now, someone will fold before this club is folded I firmly believe that.

Whilst this has largely gone unreported in the national media, if we was to go, you can be sure this would see more coverage than Bury received and the EFL won't want that when there were 3 offers on the table for months to buy the club.

1 minute ago, Ramraiders said:

I last posted ages ago and have refrained from posting since - being accused of not being a Derby fan. 

there is anger at the efl and other clubs and I suppose rightly so but one person is to blame and it’s Mel.

the admins have not followed the arbitration process of the efl framework and ignored the claims. This is the impasse. If this is due to funding the efl cannot let us sign players. It is really simple really. 

any arbitrary panel would find it hard to uphold the claims against us so why the admins haven’t used the framework to kick the can down the road points to the fact we are really up poo street.

this to me stinks of smoke and mirrors by the admin team to blame sales on the efl not them or prospective owners…

Listen - Mel Morris is no longer at the club - he legally owns the football stadium - the EFL perhaps haven’t noticed or care the administrators currently own the club 

5 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Not really, still no way will a new owner take this on…

Just now, David said:

Same theory? Haven't read it but it just makes sense. 

I don't think the EFL want to go as far as seeing us go bust, that won't be their intention, nor will Gibson or that Wycombe fella want any blood on their hands from all this.

It's a game of poker now, someone will fold before this club is folded I firmly believe that.

Whilst this has largely gone unreported in the national media, if we was to go, you can be sure this would see more coverage than Bury received and the EFL won't want that when there were 3 offers on the table for months to buy the club.

As I said above, note that The Sun left out the Quantuma point about what the EFL did being "notwithstanding statute says otherwise". How inconvenient to have to point out how the EFL were behaving.

So, am I right in saying that all the EFL want to hear from the preferred bidder is that they agree to pay boro and that other small club IF eventually it goes to court or arbitration and they win compensation?

Surely it’ll get thrown out when the cases are heard?
The EFL can’t make them just pay out any old claim without a defence surely?

Sounds like the proof of funds for the rest of the season is the main sticking point?

Edited by Boycie

7 minutes ago, Ramraiders said:

The arbitration panel said in a previous hearing that Boro have no claim against us.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's just embellished the EFL statements and Quantuma's. Well and edited.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17331867/Derby-kicked-out-championship-takeover-rooney/

Spot the Difference?!

The Sun: "The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised."

"Whilst we accept this is frustrating for all, none of the interested parties are able to progress matters further until such time that an agreement can be reached."

Quantuma: "The difficulty and currently, in our view, the last remaining significant obstacle is to deal with certain claims that are very much disputed but which we are being advised by the EFL cannot be currently compromised notwithstanding statute says otherwise. Whilst we accept this is frustrating for all, none of the interested parties are able to progress matters further until such time that an agreement can be reached."

Sb basically shitstirrer Nixon dropped the four key wards "notwithstanding statute says otherwise".

10 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Time for an injunction against EFL. Get them thrown out , not us.