The Administration Thread

Boycie

43 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

If Andy didnt claim to be ITK and wasnt controversial no one would read his Tweets, I wonder if attention seeking is perhaps his motivation. I conceed that there is a lot we dont know about CK and his  aproach is some what different but he does have Gary Cook with him and I also find that encouraging, why would Gary Cook  associate himself with CK, if CK didnt have the funds to buy the club. 

I don't think Andy liked being called out and didn’t expect CK to respond to his crap. Looking for things that aren't there in a desperate bid to prove he knows something. None of it is of course remotely helpful right now.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure someone on here will object to fans asking for more info about a potential CEO of the Club.

"On 2 November 2018 IEC received shareholder approval to complete the acquisition of the football club [Wigan], bringing to an end the 23 years of Whelan family ownership.[42] In a letter to the fans chairman David Sharpe confirmed that he along with Matthew Sharpe and non-executive director Garry Cook would resign from the board upon completion of the ownership transition." - Wiki

? 

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Same reason Erik did with us? ?

How long ago was Garry Cook involved in UK football do you know out of interest?

2 months ago Roy, I played against him at Subbuteo and won 5-0, He stormed off pointing to a blister on his finger and the official told him to play on...Tim Robinson was the official ? 

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

2 months ago Roy, I played against him at Subbuteo and won 5-0, He stormed off pointing to a blister on his finger and the official told him to play on...Tim Robinson was the official ? 

Yes, but what league are you in? Can't expect Garry to compete in the Prem straight away! ?

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Nice one Alfy ? Did Tim give you any pens ?

11 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Q) In an earlier tweet you said one of the aims was to win the League one title next season, very laudable, but if we do start on -15 dare I venture to suggest it would be virtually impossible and the struggle then would be to avoid going to league 2.

In 2007-08 Leeds United began the season in Division One on -15 points. They overcame this deficit to reach the play-offs. They lost the final 1-0 to Doncaster Rovers.

16 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think this indicates that the expectation is that Derby gets the 15pts, I see that as meaning best hope is a play off place in League one.

Rooney claims that's a requirement in the  to sign 40 players split between youth and senior squad.

Not sure how strong our team will be.

In league one we need at least one top scorer.

We need a better goalkeeper.

We need a top assist player.

We lack those.

Not sure if we reach the playoffs.

Det ...

Q) In an earlier tweet you said one of the aims was to win the League one title next season, very laudable, but if we do start on -15 dare I venture to suggest it would be virtually impossible and the struggle then would be to avoid going to league 2.

Kirchner: "That would absolutely be a challenge and change our goals for next year. Otherwise, I think everyone has the same goal at the beginning of the year … win matches and try to win the league you’re in. In a normal year, if that’s not the goal, don’t show up."

Q) If we go down to League One and get another 15 point deduction is the plan to bounce straight back up or consolidate for a season and try the year after with a more settled club?

Kirchner: "We will see what the league decides and plan from there. We will be trying to perform our best at all times on the pitch. I think everyone who gets into this is competitive and wants to win. We just won’t ever sacrifice the financial health and future of the club to do so."

You think we will be in the play off shake up with a 15 point deduction? If that were to happen I would be happy to safely stay up with a mid table finish. Wayne has a massive job on his hands rebuilding this squad and I think we need to be realistic in our expectations ?

4 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

In 2007-08 Leeds United began the season in Division One on -15 points. They overcame this deficit to reach the play-offs. They lost the final 1-0 to Doncaster Rovers.

But they had some players didn’t they ?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But they had some players didn’t they ?

And hopefully Jimbo, if a takeover is completed by August then so will we. If not we'll still be in the creek without our paddles. Let's hope the takeover gets done. COYR

People seem to be missing the distinction between (1) worrying about whether he's got enough money to buy a load of players and (2) worrying about whether he's got enough money to actually buy the club.

The latter has absolutely nothing to do with 'spending big'.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

People seem to be missing the distinction between (1) worrying about whether he's got enough money to buy a load of players and (2) worrying about whether he's got enough money to actually buy the club.

The latter has absolutely nothing to do with 'spending big'.

I don’t think anyone thinks Wazza will have loads of money to spend ?

58 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think this indicates that the expectation is that Derby gets the 15pts, I see that as meaning best hope is a play off place in League one.

Rooney claims that's a requirement in the  to sign 40 players split between youth and senior squad.

Not sure how strong our team will be.

In league one we need at least one top scorer.

We need a better goalkeeper.

We need a top assist player.

We lack those.

Not sure if we reach the playoffs.

Det ...

Kirchner: "That would absolutely be a challenge and change our goals for next year. Otherwise, I think everyone has the same goal at the beginning of the year … win matches and try to win the league you’re in. In a normal year, if that’s not the goal, don’t show up."

Q) If we go down to League One and get another 15 point deduction is the plan to bounce straight back up or consolidate for a season and try the year after with a more settled club?

Kirchner: "We will see what the league decides and plan from there. We will be trying to perform our best at all times on the pitch. I think everyone who gets into this is competitive and wants to win. We just won’t ever sacrifice the financial health and future of the club to do so."

The answers are quite interesting.  The ever reliable Nixon was intimating at the start of the week that CK would walk away if the -15 was applied next season, that it was a key factor to try and get done this season.  These answers seem to say that’s not an issue, just that it might mean the objectives for next season are altered.  I think that’s a good thing.

He’s clearly looked at som clubs and decided were a good long term bet, even with the size of debt, uncertainty over the ground and uncertainty about which division we’re in.  He also likes Rooney.  I wonder if he has plans for some marketing opportunities in the USA?

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No, but people are suggesting that those who are questioning CK's wealth are doing so because they want him to spend loads of money.

That just isn't the case.

No, I think the key is that he has enough funds to get the takeover completed. I haven’t seen any posts suggesting fans expect us to spend big under CK ?

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Oh I remember that so well. 2 hours of Sky Sports none stop welcome back to the championship Leeds utd isn't it fantastic that leeds are going to be in the championship again how long until leeds return to the prem will this play off experience help leeds next season in the champion.....oh.....err.....oh.....

Me and my mate were losing urinry control through laughter at full time.