Biggest Lie

sage

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not sure it quite works like that!

... You first!  ?

I went on holiday to Sardinia and a flight back on Sunday was £130 and the Monday flight was £25. I couldn't get Monday off so i booked the Sunday flight then pretended that my taxi had broken down on the way to the airport and I had to fly home the next day. 

18 minutes ago, sage said:

I went on holiday to Sardinia and a flight back on Sunday was £130 and the Monday flight was £25. I couldn't get Monday off so i booked the Sunday flight then pretended that my taxi had broken down on the way to the airport and I had to fly home the next day. 

We was all waiting for you to tell us that you had a party last Christmas 

I take you [insert applicable name] to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy name.

Confession time.

I did an apprenticeship at the DRI during the 90s. I was able to have a day a week to go to college. I went to Wilmorton to do an a level to top up the nvq I was getting from apprenticeship.

This wasn’t just one whole day though, but work let me have 2hrs here, 3 hrs there etc throughout the week. 

after just a term I realised that these mornings off I was getting were better used to have hangovers after big nights out. So I stopped going to college. but I told work I was still going. 

this kid then escalated to a point that they got suspicious one day, when they saw me in town when I was taking a sick day. They asked wilmirton for my attendance. But cos I’d arranged it privately, they asked me first if were allowed to send it. I told them to send it to me, then forged it, and sent it on to my work. 

after a year if this I had to pretend that I’d passed all my mock exams. And they gave me a celebration. 

After the second year, after I passed my nvq, I was moving to Leicester, and was actually going to try another a level. But they think I’d already passed this one, and was going to university. And all my leaving gifts were university related. 

And as far as I know, I got away with it.

it really was a case of digging a hole so deep, the only way out was to keep digging to Australia. 

When I was in the army I was in one of these. It was winter time and snow and ice everywhere. When I jumped out of the vehicle with other guys I hit the ice and fell. I realized instantly that I would be yelled at by some officer who was bound to see me slip and fell.

So I decided to act hurt and didn't even try to get up. And what you know, an officer we had a mutual hatred with each other was right there and saw what happened. When he reached me he saw that I wasn't about to get up and probably thought that I really was hurt. He asked if I was ok and I replied that my back hurt really bad. 

So he said that I should go to rest for a while and he would check on me in a while. So after about an hour he came back and inquired how I was feeling. We were in the middle of the woods and no doctors anywhere near so I told that I couldn't even stand straight. He asked if I needed to be transferred to a hospital for a check up. I told that there was no need for that because it would have been a bigger operation and the doctors would have called my bluff for sure. I said I would be just fine in a little while. So he commanded me to go to our camp for the rest of the day and keep the fire going.

Next day he asked how I was and would I need to see the doctor. I told I was just fine but limped the whole day and he seemed very proud of me for weaseling through the day. 

image.thumb.png.081d3a4c18494d700ce8dada8c6a46f8.png

I'm still proud I got one on him.