A family film for all check out

B4ev6is

Well guys this film is a must to check out and suitable for all the family it is called a boy call christmas. I saw film with my mum first time in 2 years and she loved it.

A film about young boy called christmas who is poor and his dad but his his mum died when he was little but hidden little magical christmas village. 

Mark it of ten

10 out of 10.??????????

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well guys this film is a must to check out and suitable for all the family it is called a boy call christmas. I saw film with my mum first time in 2 years and she loved it.

A film about young boy called christmas who is poor and his dad but his his mum died when he was little but hidden little magical christmas village. 

Mark it of ten

10 out of 10.??????????

Was his dad Father Christmas?

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Mark it of ten

10 out of 10.??????????

I went to a free screening of it with my kids too a couple of days ago. They loved it. First time they’d been to the cinema in a long, long time. The youngest one didn’t even remember the last time.

And now it’s available on sky, so they’re going to watch it every day. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Ghost busters afterlife last week.

Before bond with a mate of mine

Before not since lock down 1st time.

Oh right, I liked the original ghost busters. I was about 15 at the time.   I saw the new film trailer when I took my daughter to see Free Guy, and thought I might see it.

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Oh right, I liked the original ghost busters. I was about 15 at the time.   I saw the new film trailer when I took my daughter to see Free Guy, and thought I might see it.

I’ve heard good things from people that were fans of the original. I’m looking forward to seeing it. 

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Mark it of ten

10 out of 10.??????????

Thanks for the recommendation  @B4ev6is just watched it with my Girls. Brilliant film, actually one of the best Christmas films I’ve seen. Cheers mate ?

39 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve heard good things from people that were fans of the original. I’m looking forward to seeing it. 

It’s very,very good, I would definitely recommend going to see it ??

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

If love original ones you definitely like this I love it too big fan of old ones.

7 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

A boy called "christmas", that takes the cake.

Well, if I have one criticism it’s this. Potential spoilers ahead:

The boy is called Christmas by his mum as a nickname, but no one knows what it means, the implication being that no one had heard of Christmas before Father Christmas visited the elves and brought the tradition back. 

now I’m not particularly religious, but even the most atheistic has to admit that Christmas has its roots in Christianity, it literally means Christ's mass. And this was set some time in the Middle Ages in Finland. They would have definitely know what Christmas was. 

Im not offended so much for sacrilegious sentiment, but purely because of the crime against basic history. Fantasy or not, that’s quite a stretch. I can totally buy that Nickolas visited the elves and brought back the tradition of joy, gift giving and goodwill on what was otherwise a depressing time of year in Finland, but I can’t believe they didn’t already celebrate some sort of Christmas, and he just invented Christmas. 

apart from that, it’s a great uplifting Christmas film and the kids loved it. So I’ll stop moaning. We’re going to Lapland in January as well, to meet Santa Claus, so it was great timing for them to get an idea why Finland is important to Santa’s history. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Well, if I have one criticism it’s this. Potential spoilers ahead:

The boy is called Christmas by his mum as a nickname, but no one knows what it means, the implication being that no one had heard of Christmas before Father Christmas visited the elves and brought the tradition back. 

now I’m not particularly religious, but even the most atheistic has to admit that Christmas has its roots in Christianity, it literally means Christ's mass. And this was set some time in the Middle Ages in Finland. They would have definitely know what Christmas was. 

Im not offended so much for sacrilegious sentiment, but purely because of the crime against basic history. Fantasy or not, that’s quite a stretch. I can totally buy that Nickolas visited the elves and brought back the tradition of joy, gift giving and goodwill on what was otherwise a depressing time of year in Finland, but I can’t believe they didn’t already celebrate some sort of Christmas, and he just invented Christmas. 

apart from that, it’s a great uplifting Christmas film and the kids loved it. So I’ll stop moaning. We’re going to Lapland in January as well, to meet Santa Claus, so it was great timing for them to get an idea why Finland is important to Santa’s history. 

I’ve heard Stephen Merchant isn’t even a real mouse. These guys need to be stopped.

On 27/11/2021 at 16:50, B4ev6is said:

Mark it of ten

10 out of 10.??????????

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely watch this one sometime in December. Glad your mum enjoyed her cinema trip. I think my mum will like this film too.