Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I’d guess 10 to 15 short too.

Possibly just 5, a shame Potts got the 9th wicket with the last ball of the over meaning we didn't get to bowl at the number 11 batsman.

Positives - Conners and Aitchison continue to bowl well. Unfortunately Potts was expensive which we couldn't afford in such a low scoring game.

5 hours ago, angieram said:

We made it a contest in the end. Small margins win matches, whether the lucky life their number 4 led, to missed throws, to the flukey edges for four.

Exciting to say it was another dead rubber for us, a good crowd too. 

The Hundred is slowly strangling cricket, though.

I’ve delved into cricket Twitter over the last month, it's like there's a civil war going between those who love the hundred and want everything franchised and those who hate it and are a massive threat to the game as we know it.

It is very nasty, even to the point of ex-players squabbling and calling each other names. It's a very depressing sight which can't be good for anyone. Right now the legacy of the Hundred appears to me to be causing a massive division in the cricketing community.

The answer for next season is rumoured to be having another tournament. A red ball one in August, regionalised  into 3 team tournaments (Notts and Leicestershire for us) using all the counties. Or having regionalised teams with the “best players” AKA a red ball version of the hundred ?‍♂️

9 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I’ve delved into cricket Twitter over the last month, it's like there's a civil war going between those who love the hundred and want everything franchised and those who hate it and are a massive threat to the game as we know it.

It is very nasty, even to the point of ex-players squabbling and calling each other names. It's a very depressing sight which can't be good for anyone. Right now the legacy of the Hundred appears to me to be causing a massive division in the cricketing community.

The answer for next season is rumoured to be having another tournament. A red ball one in August, regionalised  into 3 team tournaments (Notts and Leicestershire for us) using all the counties. Or having regionalised teams with the “best players” AKA a red ball version of the hundred ?‍♂️

That last bit would be the end for me. I’d stick to local cricket. Can’t see that happening with out massive court cases. Would kill the County Game stone dead 

52 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

That last bit would be the end for me. I’d stick to local cricket. Can’t see that happening with out massive court cases. Would kill the County Game stone dead 

Yeah the Hundred has set a bad precedent. To change anything with the counties involved requires agreement from the county chairman. They've found a way around that which is backed by Sky and their money.