Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

14 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Just got told off for my “very loud” celebrations 🤣 I enjoyed that. Great innings from Dal, Lloyd did his part of digging us out of a hole…but Harry Moore. Not only the ability, but the temperament to be a real top class cricketer.

Bin Naeem in for Lamb on Wednesday. A win and we are almost there.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bin Naeem in for Lamb on Wednesday. A win and we are almost there.

Yes and I’d have the batting line up like this

Dal

Bin Naeem

Patel

Chappell

Moore 

Wagstaff

Maybe even bring DuPavillion in for Wagstaff.

Apparently if players don't play in consecutive games in the 100 counties can ask for them back. So I'd be asking about Whiteley…

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yes and I’d have the batting line up like this

Dal

Bin Naeem

Patel

Chappell

Moore 

Wagstaff

Maybe even bring DuPavillion in for Wagstaff.

Apparently if players don't play in consecutive games in the 100 counties can ask for them back. So I'd be asking about Whiteley…

It is farcical….

56 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Just got told off for my “very loud” celebrations 🤣 I enjoyed that. Great innings from Dal, Lloyd did his part of digging us out of a hole…but Harry Moore. Not only the ability, but the temperament to be a real top class cricketer.

...but for how long will he be with us?

17 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

...but for how long will he be with us?

Who knows? He’d probably do well not to rush off and get buried in the squad at a “big club” to soon.

Both he and Bin Naeem are signed to professional contracts until the end of next season now. After that? Where we are as a club in the red ball stuff will probably dictate…if we are still as bad as we've been this year he probably should be looking to go elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Who knows? He’d probably do well not to rush off and get buried in the squad at a “big club” to soon.

Both he and Bin Naeem are signed to professional contracts until the end of next season now. After that? Where we are as a club in the red ball stuff will probably dictate…if we are still as bad as we've been this year he probably should be looking to go elsewhere.

I agree with you. It annoys me that there's such a divide. 'Test match' counties, the have's, and the rest, the have not's.

Us, Leicestershire, Northampton, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire to name a few. Probably the most sparsely populated counties.

Anyway, the table's looking good at the moment.

Surprisingly 👀👀

Ross Whiteley not playing for the Welsh Fire tonight… Get him back!

Also noticed Martin Andersson didn't play in Middlesex’s last game, the first since his departure was announced. Perhaps a chance to get him on on loan for the rest of the season? Like Lloyd and Brown last season.

Squad for Hampshire.

Potts back in the squad but I don't expect he will play. I do hope Bin Naeem comes back in. DuPavillon’s involvement probably depends on his ankle, he looked off the pace last time he played after looking good in the game before. Lamb and/or Wagstaff to drop out.

A win and we not only have one foot in the knockout stages but could be very close to a home QF or SF which by my reckoning would be the first time since the 1994 B&H cup we've had one on Derbyshire soil…

We should have had one in the T20 in I think 2017, but our home game was played at Hove because of some concert being on.

IMG_6650.jpeg

So today the Manchester Originals had Wayne Madsen retire out on 15 off 14 balls, only for the guy they sent out to get out second ball on 1 and the next guy to score 2 off 5, leading them to lose the game by 3 runs 🤣🤣🤣 the defeat put them out of contention for the knockout stage.

Hopefully they can send him back where he belongs now, and they can let some of the younger players play…

Edit: Donald also dropped after being wicketkeeper in all games so far for Jamie Smith who's back from test match duty. So they can send him back as well.

And of course Pat Brown once again isn't playing, so…..

Edited by jimbo jones

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

So today the Manchester Originals had Wayne Madsen retire out on 15 off 14 balls, only for the guy they sent out to get out second ball on 1 and the next guy to score 2 off 5, leading them to lose the game by 3 runs 🤣🤣🤣 the defeat put them out of contention for the knockout stage.

Hopefully they can send him back where he belongs now, and they can let some of the younger players play…

Edit: Donald also dropped after being wicketkeeper in all games so far for Jamie Smith who's back from test match duty. So they can send him back as well.

And of course Pat Brown once again isn't playing, so…..

Joke competition, can't believe you pay it any attention whatsoever!