Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

274-6 at lunch

Guest out first ball this morning, then a good partnership from Madsen and Lamb which saw both past 50. The new ball brought the wicket of the latter and a bit of a wobble as Donald slapped a few boundaries and got out and Dal got a first baller.

Big partnership between Madsen and Whiteley that will determine where this game goes from here.

Madsen inexplicably after a watchful innings, chargers down the pitch and tries to smack the pace bower out the ground…only thing that ended up out the ground was the stumps 🤦‍♂️

In danger of making a mess of this.

57 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

8 down now.

Not there so won’t comment on how bad it has or has not been. Going to be a long summer though!!! 

The disappointment for me was the manner of Reece and Madsen’s dismissals. Both gave it away when they were well set and that's the difference between making 400 plus. Outside of that, Northants got wickets bowling well with the new ball.

Nice cameo from Whiteley, quite why he came out after Dal puzzles me.

Declaration is in and the target is 371. A bit conservative from Northants, they scored so quickly this morning they could have pulled out a bit earlier and “dangled the carrott” a bit more.

17 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Northants batting with the intention to try and force a result.

The game hinges on how adventurous they will be with their declaration.

Quite adventurous it appears! Haven't been watching this morning, just checked the score and a seeing 105 from 15 overs assumed there had been some declaration bowling. Oh dear.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Declaration is in and the target is 371. A bit conservative from Northants, they scored so quickly this morning they could have pulled out a bit earlier and “dangled the carrott” a bit more.

Just over 4.5 an over. Bat sensibly and try and get into a position to have a go with Donald and Whitelety at the end.

Just don't get skittled for 150 please 👀

5 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Quite adventurous it appears! Haven't been watching this morning, just checked the score and a seeing 105 from 15 overs assumed there had been some declaration bowling. Oh dear.

It was going through the motions bowling as we all waited for the inevitable. Surprised we persisted with the front line bowlers for so long.

52-1 at lunch

Some early boundaries from Lloyd until he got out, then it was slow going for a while before a flurry of runs at the end of the session - particularly from Guest.

In a decent position coming out for the second session 😬

I do adjust my expectations accordingly to following a team with such a small budget. I don't expect much. I would like to be competitive in some matches and try to push local talent when possible. This season has been abysmal. Either this is the worst squad we've ever had or they want Arthur gone and have downed tools.

15 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Every single season I start with renewed hope and optimism which is generally swiftly vaporised. This year is something else though, it's utter turd.

After the positive first season under Mickey Arthur, it has got worse and then worse again 😕

With the signings and suggestion that the T20 being the comp they expect to do well in, there's going to be a lot of pressure on for that.

Posted (edited)
On 17/05/2024 at 12:09, Jimbo Ram said:

Abolute shambles. Not picking one of our 2 spinners then spin takes 6 of our 7 wickets to fall so far.

Micky Arthur is playing at this. Can't believe I'm going to Bristol to watch this shower.

The whole club is a mess. I heard a steward today telling a Northants supporter at lunch that there was very little food left and directed them to the local chippy.

Embarrassing 

Edited by sage