Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I was wondering where Mark Watt was on Friday night - then I saw that he was helping Scotland thrash the West Indies  in the World Cup qualifier.

He’s been playing very well in those qualifiers, including scoring plenty of runs. Hopefully he's around for the one day cup.

The West Indies fall from grace just keeps getting worse.

Obviously winning and qualifying for the quarter final is all that matters, but a little side story...

Chappell (24) and Zaman (23) are second and third in the competitions leading wicket-takers, behind Somerset’s Been Green who has 26.

Would be nice if one could get to the top, although it probably means someone from the hundred comes calling...id be staggered if Zaman doesn't get picked up for that.

58 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

He’s been playing very well in those qualifiers, including scoring plenty of runs. Hopefully he's around for the one day cup.

The West Indies fall from grace just keeps getting worse.

Windies were the untouchables when I was a lad, Greenidge, Andy Roberts, Sir Viv, Clive Lloyd, Malcolm Marshall and Michael Holding to name but a few…...shame really 🥲

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Windies were the untouchables when I was a lad, Greenidge, Andy Roberts, Sir Viv, Clive Lloyd, Malcolm Marshall and Michael Holding to name but a few…...shame really 🥲

It was joy to watch Holding and Bishop opening the bowling for Derbyshire. Michael was still different class even though he was at the end of his career and Bish excellent. Pity Bish suffered so many injuries.