Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

53 minutes ago, sage said:

or he tried to pay hoofball which ddn't suit the players and Anya was our worst signing of all time. 

Did he.  He didn't fancy Martin in the side and was certainly looking for more aggression. We pulled out of a free tranfer for Sol Bamba because the hierachy didn't think he fitted the Derby way.  Got promoted with Cardiff as captain the next year.  Rowett had success using Vydra in that kind of formation with Jerome.  Anyas a strange one. we overpaid for a 29 year old and a 4 year deal was crazy.  Did Pearson just say I like that player though,  perhaps he assumed he'd get a 3 year deal or 2.  That wasn't his remit.  he was good for 3 games, got dropped after Pearson left then decided he didn't want to play anymore. Not the first but players normally leave if they don't play. 

24 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Did he.  He didn't fancy Martin in the side and was certainly looking for more aggression. We pulled out of a free tranfer for Sol Bamba because the hierachy didn't think he fitted the Derby way.  Got promoted with Cardiff as captain the next year.  Rowett had success using Vydra in that kind of formation with Jerome.  Anyas a strange one. we overpaid for a 29 year old and a 4 year deal was crazy.  Did Pearson just say I like that player though,  perhaps he assumed he'd get a 3 year deal or 2.  That wasn't his remit.  he was good for 3 games, got dropped after Pearson left then decided he didn't want to play anymore. Not the first but players normally leave if they don't play. 

It’s interesting that Martin is his first choice striker at Bristol currently.

Just now, Ramarena said:

It’s interesting that Martin is his first choice striker at Bristol currently.

I'm not sure how much he plays to honest.  If he is though it would indicate that he wasn't against playing Martin, he just didn't fancy playing him in that format/ didn't think he was interested/he wanted a move.  That was at the start of his stomach issues as well amongst other personal areas of his life that were rumoured to be occurring with him at the time.  A mutually beneficial move may have been agreed with incoming loan fee.  Good player as he was, against Burton away before he left, he just looked heavy and horrifically immobile.

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There's not many players i'd put in the same bracket as Awfull Anya...Mick Coop being one, We tried and tried to unload Anya, But he wouldn't have it...stayed on the vast wage he was getting, I must say either his Agent was at the top of his game...or our contract team were shocking.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not sure how much he plays to honest.  If he is though it would indicate that he wasn't against playing Martin, he just didn't fancy playing him in that format/ didn't think he was interested/he wanted a move.  That was at the start of his stomach issues as well amongst other personal areas of his life that were rumoured to be occurring with him at the time.  A mutually beneficial move may have been agreed with incoming loan fee.  Good player as he was, against Burton away before he left, he just looked heavy and horrifically immobile.

I believe he’s started every game this season. 

It’s interesting how he didn’t fit then but does now. Obviously as you say the set ups are different etc.

Personally I thought Martin would be the first to be culled as soon as Pearson went there.

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I believe he’s started every game this season. 

It’s interesting how he didn’t fit then but does now. Obviously as you say the set ups are different etc.

Personally I thought Martin would be the first to be culled as soon as Pearson went there.

He has, and only missed 52 mins after being subbed as well, so has a 96%+ playing rate.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Where were we in the league when Clement was fired?

Fair question. Where are we in the league now? Is that Wayne Rooney's fault? I don't think so. Clement had the pick of our best players, but didn't make the most of them. Rooney has just free agents and kids to work with.  

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Fair question. Where are we in the league now? Is that Wayne Rooney's fault? I don't think so. Clement had the pick of our best players, but didn't make the most of them. Rooney has just free agents and kids to work with.  

Clement lost Hughes and Bryson first game and Thorne was still injured from previous seasons acl but yes, he had the rest. 

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's not many players i'd put in the same bracket as Awfull Anya...Mick Coop being one, We tried and tried to unload Anya, But he wouldn't have it...stayed on the vast wage he was getting, I must say either his Agent was at the top of his game...or our contract team were shocking.

Having listened to the george thorne interview i can assure u it was very much our contracts team that ducked up.. and not just anya 

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Clement lost Hughes and Bryson first game and Thorne was still injured from previous seasons acl but yes, he had the rest. 

Johnson, Butterfield and Hendrick and I thought Thorne was fit again by 2015-16 so midfield pretty strong even when Hughes and Bryso got injured. Weimann, Martin, Bent and Ince up front, Jonny Russell too.  

1 hour ago, alram said:

Free agents is kind, rooney didn't really have a choice which players we signed, our pool of players we could get was that small. We were shopping in a lower league one market.

Yes I think Lee Gregory, George Edmonson , Sone Aluko all ended up at League One teams as we couldn't afford them.