God I wish I could stick up for Derby

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

I still think you need to adjust the sights on your rifle mate. EFL didnt cause this mess and neither did Gibson. Get MM centre in your cross hairs and let fire. I do feel a email to the EFL letting them know that we, supporters are suffering as a result of Morris’s mismanagement may lead to a more compassionate response. Attack is the worst kind of defence in this instance. The fact that Sky want us on TV is a great advert for us as a big fish in this little pool. They won’t want to bankrupt us to prove a point but cannot let us get off Scott free either. We just need to take it on the chin and play the long game back to good times 

Well actually yes he did efl were fine with our accounts until gibson decide to kick off about it.

2 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

I still think you need to adjust the sights on your rifle mate. EFL didnt cause this mess and neither did Gibson. Get MM centre in your cross hairs and let fire. I do feel a email to the EFL letting them know that we, supporters are suffering as a result of Morris’s mismanagement may lead to a more compassionate response. Attack is the worst kind of defence in this instance. The fact that Sky want us on TV is a great advert for us as a big fish in this little pool. They won’t want to bankrupt us to prove a point but cannot let us get off Scott free either. We just need to take it on the chin and play the long game back to good times 

I think you are wrong. The ridiculous system and finances in the championship caused this. Certainly Mel the gambler fell in to the slough of despond and has been well and truly suckered, taken us with him and caused angst and heartache to fans, the club  and employees but the root cause is the stinking mess that is football finance, wages, structures, business model, marketing, broadcast rights, former smoke filled rooms .. is all down to the EFL and it’s self serving / preserving instincts.

2 hours ago, jono said:

I think you are wrong. The ridiculous system and finances in the championship caused this. Certainly Mel the gambler fell in to the slough of despond and has been well and truly suckered, taken us with him and caused angst and heartache to fans, the club  and employees but the root cause is the stinking mess that is football finance, wages, structures, business model, marketing, broadcast rights, former smoke filled rooms .. is all down to the EFL and it’s self serving / preserving instincts.

Well efl signed off years and years accounts saying all in order until that banker gibson threw his paddy and rattle and bottle out of his pram. 

Yes mel made mistakes and us fans is only thing us between them and only ones who can defend the club now.

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well efl signed off years and years accounts saying all in order until that banker gibson threw his paddy and rattle and bottle out of his pram. 

Yes mel made mistakes and us fans is only thing us between them and only ones who can defend the club now.

Mate, I am agreeing with you. It’s a mess … but at times like this we fans need to stay together and do what we do best. Ignore the politics, get behind the team and watch each game like like it’s our last. You are a cracking lad, I know from all your posts that you love your team. You are at your best cheering everyone on. Keep it up ! Sod the EFL let’s just go and beat the swans tomorrow eh ! COYR 

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Mate, I am agreeing with you. It’s a mess … but at times like this we fans need to stay together and do what we do best. Ignore the politics, get behind the team and watch each game like like it’s our last. You are a cracking lad, I know from all your posts that you love your team. You are at your best cheering everyone on. Keep it up ! Sod the EFL let’s just go and beat the swans tomorrow eh ! COYR 

B4, jono is bang on the money here mate.

We cannot change what the EFL have done or what they may still do to us.

We can, however, continue getting behind this honest bunch of players and a rookie manager who is looking like a true leader.

Our support will see this club through the current mess.

If we stay up this what we will do to the EFL

sheep rams GIF

12 hours ago, jono said:

If it’s down to the financial structure in the championship and not MM, could you please explain why the other 23 clubs haven’t gone into administration as well??

36 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

If it’s down to the financial structure in the championship and not MM, could you please explain why the other 23 clubs haven’t gone into administration as well??

Lots are making big losses (eg Stoke Reading forest) but are still being funded. The moment that stops, pop! 

Then a number still receive parachute payments and a further number bounce between L1 and championship so maintain a far lower cost base - they're not really trying to compete for promotion. Both these are currently making much less loss or even a small profit. Isn't sustainable without promotion. 

I am not denying that MM was sailing close to the wind and was part of the problem, but given we had a bigger hit to revenue than other clubs .. simply because we are one of the better supported clubs. and we also didn’t “qualify” for the 8 million loan. Kind of 

But more to the point .. tell me how many championship (none parachute ) clubs lose money every year. Answer = most of them. Then tell me what industry has healthy demand, relatively high prices but can’t make profits ? 

going in to Admin is the final straw, agreed, but the financial structure is a mess. Are you saying it is all rosy and frightfully well organised and other clubs aren’t in big trouble ? ?

I am not denying that MM was sailing close to the wind but given we had a bigger hit to revenue than other clubs .. simply because we are one of the better supported clubs. we also didn’t “qualify” for the 8 million loan.

But more to the point .. tell me how many championship (none parachute ) clubs lose money every year. Answer = most of them. Then tell me what industry has healthy demand, relatively high prices but can’t make profits ? 

Mel tripped, hit the wall and fell through it .. but the wall was/is paper thin

going in to Admin is the final straw, agreed, but the financial structure is a mess. Are you saying it is all rosy, robust and frightfully well organised ? ? 

14 minutes ago, jono said:

I am not denying that MM was sailing close to the wind but given we had a bigger hit to revenue than other clubs .. simply because we are one of the better supported clubs. we also didn’t “qualify” for the 8 million loan.

Mel tripped, hit the wall and fell through it .. but the wall was/is paper thin

going in to Admin is the final straw, agreed, but the financial structure is a mess. Are you saying it is all rosy, robust and frightfully well organised ? ? 

Not at all well structured but most clubs have navigated it ok. I am sure lots of clubs are struggling financially but we weren’t close to the wind. We were in the teeth of a hurricane and capsized to keep up the nautical metaphors

35 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Not at all well structured but most clubs have navigated it ok. I am sure lots of clubs are struggling financially but we weren’t close to the wind. We were in the teeth of a hurricane and capsized to keep up the nautical metaphors

Most clubs ? Yet at least 10 have been under embargo in recent months. How many more are close to the line and how many others are in receipt of a parachute money get of of jail free card.
Most clubs are in severe financial difficulty. I suppose you could call that navigating but I’d call it being in a canoe without a paddle.  ( I suppose we are in the water which is worse ) It is easy to blame Mel justifiably for the timing of our particular position the root cause is elsewhere. 

30 minutes ago, jono said:

Most clubs ? Yet at least 10 have been under embargo in recent months. How many more are close to the line and how many others are in receipt of a parachute money get of of jail free card.
Most clubs are in severe financial difficulty. I suppose you could call that navigating but I’d call it being in a canoe without a paddle.  ( I suppose we are in the water which is worse ) It is easy to blame Mel justifiably for the timing of our particular position the root cause is elsewhere. 

We are definitely in the water. It’s called ships creek without a paddle. We will have to agree to disagree on the root cause. You blame the  EFL and I will blame the financial mismanagement within our club. Buying Anya, Blackman, Butterfield, Johnson et el for massively exaggerated prices and on massively exaggerated contacts for example.  

19 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

We are definitely in the water. It’s called ships creek without a paddle. We will have to agree to disagree on the root cause. You blame the  EFL and I will blame the financial mismanagement within our club. Buying Anya, Blackman, Butterfield, Johnson et el for massively exaggerated prices and on massively exaggerated contacts for example.  

Not arguing with the financial mismanagement, but Mel had resources at that time, in terms of money and personal health. That ran out for more than one reason. 

I am simply saying that there is a much bigger picture. 

Anyway … I’m off to the match now. ?

The thing that bothers me is the lack of radio Derby trying to get an indepth interview with Steve Gibson , i think that would make an interesting interview .Especially now he is trying to punish Derby even further with trying to sue us once the 12 points was announced . 

Remember the EFL only brought this against us after complaints by others namely Mr GIBSON FOR ONE . 

Surely thats the source that radio Derby and the evening telegraph should be making feel lets say uncomfortable , so far they are slinging stones from afar via the EFL and getting away with it .

16 minutes ago, jono said:

Not arguing with the financial mismanagement, but Mel had resources at that time, in terms of money and personal health. That ran out for more than one reason. 

I am simply saying that there is a much bigger picture. 

Anyway … I’m off to the match now. ?

Just having pint number 4 in waterfall and will see you there ?

4 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Just having pint number 4 in waterfall and will see you there ?

I do the waterfall on midweek games .. swift pint, burger, listen to the prematch on the radio ? .. am a creature of habit ! 

4 pints ! … not sure I could find my way to the ground, I’d be rudderless ( naval metaphors continue apace )  …  I’ve no stamina (but at least it saves me money ?)

Edited by jono

7 hours ago, jono said:

I am not denying that MM was sailing close to the wind and was part of the problem, but given we had a bigger hit to revenue than other clubs .. simply because we are one of the better supported clubs. and we also didn’t “qualify” for the 8 million loan. Kind of 

going in to Admin is the final straw, agreed, but the financial structure is a mess. Are you saying it is all rosy and frightfully well organised and other clubs aren’t in big trouble ? ?

Part of the problem? Uncle Mel was the problem. He was gambling with the club and Derby supporters allowed him to. Diverting it on to the EFL and all this EFL is out to get us nonsense is like the bonehead in front of me who thinks every ref who comes to PP is biased against Derby.

Just now, KRAM said:

Part of the problem? Uncle Mel was the problem. He was gambling with the club and Derby supporters allowed him to. Diverting it on to the EFL and all this EFL is out to get us nonsense is like the bonehead in front of me who thinks every ref who comes to PP is biased against Derby.

Not me, I went round to his house and told him he'd got to stop the crazy spending.

11 minutes ago, KRAM said:

Because they are mate

They be under orders not give us a thing.