Local Media - are they being ignored.

simmoram1995

Sadly the internet has killed a lot of genuine journalism and is slowly killing serious newspapers. I’m not anti tech. I subscribe to the times online, but to get things “free” we have sacrificed a lot of integrity and  a lot of depth. It doesn’t matter if it’s banner headlines, or click bait as long as there is a real story revealed behind them. .. Printing costs money, journalists cost money .. The purveyors of journals have had to re think. They have limited income and to keep it have decided to chase “stories” that earn them millions of micro payments. Those stories don’t need intellect and research, or truth for that matter. 

I am hugely sad that the amazing communication tool we have in the net is over run by mouthy Ill educated morons. There are so many and they are so loud that rational voices struggle to be heard and those wanting to tell the truth can’t get paid for their endeavours 

This is an ill formed argument, probably anti democratic but in essence the funding methods for news on the net means that the “angry mob” has the biggest say in its content .. 

I think the national papers can just make any old baalocks up and they aren’t accountable to anyone,  where as local journalists are just that and come under great scrutiny from the local fans. 

They are damned if they do, as in reposting what others are saying if it turns out to be rubbish and damned if they don’t and someone gets signed as they won’t be seen as ITK.

3 hours ago, Charlie George said:

There's quite clearly something wrong with the way the local reporters appear to be silent on  DCFC matters. You'd even go as far as thinking the club had some kind of say on what they can say and what they CAN'T say. 

The local guys want access. If they print stuff the club doesn’t like, they don’t get it 

On 13/08/2021 at 20:44, jono said:

Sadly the internet has killed a lot of genuine journalism and is slowly killing serious newspapers. I’m not anti tech. I subscribe to the times online, but to get things “free” we have sacrificed a lot of integrity and  a lot of depth. It doesn’t matter if it’s banner headlines, or click bait as long as there is a real story revealed behind them. .. Printing costs money, journalists cost money .. The purveyors of journals have had to re think. They have limited income and to keep it have decided to chase “stories” that earn them millions of micro payments. Those stories don’t need intellect and research, or truth for that matter. 

I am hugely sad that the amazing communication tool we have in the net is over run by mouthy Ill educated morons. There are so many and they are so loud that rational voices struggle to be heard and those wanting to tell the truth can’t get paid for their endeavours 

This is an ill formed argument, probably anti democratic but in essence the funding methods for news on the net means that the “angry mob” has the biggest say in its content .. 

If it isn't behind a paywall it isn't worth reading is a good rule-of-thumb. I spend more on news than I ever did when it was physically printed. 

The only exception being the Financial Times, which bizarrely for a financial paper has become as left as the Guardian, severely disappointing as a long term subscriber so that got canned as effectively unreadable. Balance and giving space for journalists in both sides of an argument is what I want to read, not propaganda, left or right.