Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

10 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

You’d know all about being on a sinking ship. 

Like A Boss Ship GIF

It's up to you as to whether or not you follow your own advice to others. We told you Fawaz was a Walter Mitty character long-before you'd cancelled the first anniversary of Fawaz Day and got your green scarves out again.

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

The difference between Derby, and Forest and most Championship clubs in fact, is that Derby’s owner pulled the plug. There is very little else. You’re incredibly naive if you think Forest and Boro and whoever else are not exploiting every possible loophole they can find. 

Saying Forest’s finances are in line with other Championship clubs is a weird boast. They’re all a mess where spending nearly double their turnover on wages alone seems to be acceptable. Derby were ran terribly, Forest are ran terribly, everyone is ran terribly. Relying on selling Brennan Johnson if you don’t go up is a terrible idea because it’s a volatile market. His knee could go pop tomorrow.

I don’t mind admitting I didn’t expect a self-proclaimed Derby fan to pull the plug and leave us in this state. I dare say that was naive and if I cared to look the signs were there. Let’s not pretend the same couldn’t happen to any team in this league who’s owner has had enough of writing cheques for millions a month.

Bang on you have just described the championship and most of the premier league in a nutshell.

What Derby did re:FFP actually wasn’t that bad and I’m with Mel on it, everyone including Forest are exploiting loopholes (if the EFL want to be consistent with how they’ve treated Derby then they should demand full transparency on the transfer values of Silva and Carvalho to Olympiacos) 

The only difference is Mel did the unthinkable and unforgivable and pulled the plug, If Maranakis did the same Forest would be equally ducked as would any other club in the championship if their benefactor followed suit. We were unlucky with our owner when we thought we hit the jackpot. That is what football is now, we are all in the hands of Rich egos treating football clubs as toys.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Bang on you have just described the championship and most of the premier league in a nutshell.

What Derby did re:FFP actually wasn’t that bad and I’m with Mel on it, everyone including Forest are exploiting loopholes (if the EFL want to be consistent with how they’ve treated Derby then they should demand full transparency on the transfer values of Silva and Carvalho to Olympiacos) 

The only difference is Mel did the unthinkable and unforgivable and pulled the plug, If Maranakis did the same Forest would be equally ducked as would any other club in the championship if their benefactor followed suit. We were unlucky with our owner when we thought we hit the jackpot. That is what football is now, we are all in the hands of Rich egos treating football clubs as toys.

It’s almost like you haven’t won anything til you’ve won a Saudi Arabian owner first these days. 

newcastle we’re celebrating like they’d won the league when they got taken over. 

remember how excited we were when we thought derby was going to be the next uae state. And Forest ‘the Man City of the midlands’.

the prize isn’t the trophies any more. The prize is the obscenely rich owner. The trophies just come flowing as a natural consequence of that. 

for all ffp is supposed to be the great financial leveller, it’s still a case of whoever has the richest sugar daddy rises to somewhere near the top (not quite the top, before anyone starts quoting United at me, but I’d rather be in their league position than ours). 

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

The irony of this post being made by a Derby fan on a Derby forum is absolutely hilarious ? 

Also, just because it’s “written on the internet” (are you the guy who just quoted Wikipedia at me?) doesn’t make it true..

Am I Right Timothy Olyphant GIF

Wiki ? Not me. But you keep kidding yourself with your lovely owner ? I would suggest you read an interesting article called the Vampire ship but I know you won’t. 

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Having been quoted figures from 2020 as to why Forest aren't up s*** creek, I'm now seeing constant drivel from the same fan base that we got relegated with a team twice as expensive as theirs based on a squad value from 2018.  They have issues

I did wonder why you were represented so highly on this, but then it’s likely from the last time Morris bothered to submit your accounts right? So over 4 years ago. 

What a crook he was.. it was evident to everyone that he’d be caught out eventually 

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Having been quoted figures from 2020 as to why Forest aren't up s*** creek, I'm now seeing constant drivel from the same fan base that we got relegated with a team twice as expensive as theirs based on a squad value from 2018.  They have issues

Our squad this season cost 62 million? Lol!

Bielek 7.5     (2019)

Lawrence 5.0  (2017)

Joswiak 3.5  (2020)

Davies 0.5  (2017)

Marshall 0.5  (2020)

Byrne  0.2 (2020)

Forsyth  0.15 (2013)

Roos  0.05 (2014)

I'm sure even a Forest fan can add those figures up, using only their fingers and toes.

And the figure for the squad available after the end of January is even lower - in fact, it equals the figure Forest paid for Carvalho alone.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I did wonder why you were represented so highly on this, but then it’s likely from the last time Morris bothered to submit your accounts right? So over 4 years ago. 

What a crook he was.. it was evident to everyone that he’d be caught out eventually 

Well he didn't pay over his employees tax but that was never hidden and HMRC were aware for a long time.  They should have enforced that better.  A b*** *** who played the system maybe but not a crook. Not sure how long your chairman stays in The UK but bet it's less than 90 days a year thereby paying no tax here. Probably vacations in Jersey and the Isle of Man for 275 days a year.  There all at it. 

On 20/04/2022 at 11:22, nottingram said:

Relying on selling Brennan Johnson if you don’t go up is a terrible idea because it’s a volatile market. His knee could go pop tomorrow.

The good thing is about our academy is that we always have more than one saleable asset. If Johnson for whatever reason wasn't sold then Worrall, or Yates, or Might Mighten etc would be.

That's how good academies work. I'd say other than Southampton ours must have produced the most profit in the country over the last 20 odd years. It's a shame some of them don't stay longer but that's football.

Speaking of academy assets, I still keep looking out for Will Hughes in the Barcelona first team but I'm guessing he must be injured at the moment. Surprised he hasn't won a few Ballon D'ors considering the way Derby were going on about him.

19 minutes ago, Augustus said:

The good thing is about our academy is that we always have more than one saleable asset. If Johnson for whatever reason wasn't sold then Worrall, or Yates, or Might Mighten etc would be.

That's how good academies work. I'd say other than Southampton ours must have produced the most profit in the country over the last 20 odd years. It's a shame some of them don't stay longer but that's football.

Speaking of academy assets, I still keep looking out for Will Hughes in the Barcelona first team but I'm guessing he must be injured at the moment. Surprised he hasn't won a few Ballon D'ors considering the way Derby were going on about him.

Hi fellow red ? #TakingOver

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

39 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Yes one thing Forest have done well is maximise value out of the average to good players that they produce.

As for Will Hughes, I think he’s doing just about okay as a middling PL player. Certainly not lived up to the hope we had for him though. Must say I saw an O. Burke score for Millwall the other day, I assume that’s a different one to the one Forest fans were lauding as the next big thing a few years ago?

37 minutes ago, Augustus said:

"Would be". I like that phrase almost as much as "would have/of", because it asserts something that can't be proven.

I think Chelsea are probably light-years ahead of either you or Southampton, but I take the point - you've certainly achieved better sales figures than us from your youth set-up in the last 20 years. Pity it hasn't got you anywhere yet, but keep plugging away eh? You'll find having a CAT.1 Academy now that more and more PL clubs take an interest at every level and you may not be as successful in convincing your promising 15/16 year-olds to stick it out and sign their first pro contract with you, in which case you'll get around £1M for the very best of them in the future, if you're lucky. Then again, if your Academy was THAT good, you wouldn't need to sign so many loan players and overpaid journeymen from across Europe, would you?

41 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Perhaps.. however for now we can take the piss out of your League One bound shambles

Day World GIF

I’ll give you that, and good gif usage. Laugh it up while you can. We did when you were losing to Yeovil. Football goes in cycles. It’ll be your turn again before too long. 

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Bielek 7.5     (2019)

Lawrence 5.0  (2017)

Joswiak 3.5  (2020)

Davies 0.5  (2017)

Marshall 0.5  (2020)

Byrne  0.2 (2020)

Forsyth  0.15 (2013)

Roos  0.05 (2014)

I'm sure even a Forest fan can add those figures up, using only their fingers and toes.

And the figure for the squad available after the end of January is even lower - in fact, it equals the figure Forest paid for Carvalho alone.

Quite easily 200.gif

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

Bored Parks And Recreation GIF by HULU