Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Don't be so sensitive Roy,my comments were in relation to who I thought either did the best job in coaching our academy stars whist they were here....I don't believe that rowett,lamps or Rooney were as effective as cocu and Mac in that regard.

In my opinion opinion they are not as consistent or predictable in their development whilst in the first team for a reason.

Yeah because the ones we had to sell did really well last season too.

They're not consistent because that's where they are in their development.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He gave Stretton an opportunity. Who else is there that looked decent? Oh yeah Duncan! Gregory was a good signing. 

You've missed the point, unsurprisingly. I'm trying to say that Rooney's philosophy isn't youth, it's necessity and when he's had options, he's gone for OAPs.

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I actually agree with you there and my comments were in relation to the effective use of the academy players who require the right coaching and time to flourish.

Ahh right! ? Yes definitely, if the plan was to effectively use the academy players to the maximum degree then you need a coach who either has a track record of bringing them through at a first team level (Cocu) or promote the guy responsible for developing youth to the manager's role permanently if he can do a good job with the first team too (wassall)

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah because the ones we had to sell did really well last season too.

They're not consistent because that's where they are in their development.

Bogle did well , hence why he is being courted by premier league clubs for a hell of a lot more than we sold him for.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

You've missed the point, unsurprisingly. I'm trying to say that Rooney's philosophy isn't youth, it's necessity and when he's had options, he's gone for OAPs.

He was attempting to keep us up - you missed the point. You'd rather have been relegated with no strikers then? You are so sure that Cocu and Mac played youth through choice, but at least they had choice. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was attempting to keep us up - you missed the point. You'd rather have been relegated with no strikers then? You are so sure that Cocu and Mac played youth through choice, but at least they had choice. 

You're acting like we stayed up because of anything Rooney did. We stayed up because of a Rotherham fixture pile up and despite Wednesday's 8 point deduction. His attempt to keep us up, by doing things like dropping youngsters such as Buchanan for old man Forsyth, yielded 1 win in his last 15 games. 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did he? Didn't play all the time, what's that about? 

Played 16 times out of 38 in a team that was fighting for survival in the league above the team he was sold from. Like I say being courted by teams who are in the Premier league , so clearly did well enough...

5 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Played 16 times out of 38 in a team that was fighting for survival in the league above the team he was sold from. Like I say being courted by teams who are in the Premier league , so clearly did well enough...

How many were before they were 'certs' for the drop? Like I say he didn't hold down a spot and that is because youngsters aren't consistent. And Lowe?

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think Cocu did have a choice, he was told by Morris that he had to play them, he just managed them better when he played them.

1 minute ago, Footymum2017 said:

I don't think Cocu did have a choice, he was told by Morris that he had to play them, he just managed them better when he played them.

Because they had more experience around them. I'm not looking forward to watching us playing without any experienced CBs.

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many were before they were 'certs' for the drop? Like I say he didn't hold down a spot and that is because youngsters aren't consistent. And Lowe?

Just ignore the point I'm trying to make then cool have a great day 

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Isn't that what Mel said though? We are trying to finalise things with the EFL to allow us to bring players in.

Yes, this is what Punjabi Rams said and Wheeler said similar.

Why is it assumed the fault is all Mel's? We all know the EFL is not being co-operative with us. Once again it's people interpreting what is said to suit their agenda.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Isn't that what Mel said though? We are trying to finalise things with the EFL to allow us to bring players in.

The suggestion is that Mel is making decisions after Chief Exec and EFL were negotiating.