Protest

Sheikh n Bake

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Don't try to insinuate I'm not a supporter of Derby when I've been going for over 20 years. Personally, I don't like using google definitions as they tend to be a bit inaccurate. Supporting Derby county doesn't mean I can't be vocally critical of the people representing the club on the pitch... just like a supporter of a political party can be critical of its leadership if they're failing. If you're telling me you'd be clapping them off after losing in that manner tonight that's fine, personally, I and I imagine most supporters wouldn't be doing any such thing. 

I would offer encouragement during the game. I would support them. Players need fans the most when things aren't going well. You may have been going for 20 years, doesn't mean your attitude is helpful.  

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Don't try to insinuate I'm not a supporter of Derby when I've been going for over 20 years. Personally, I don't like using google definitions as they tend to be a bit inaccurate. Supporting Derby county doesn't mean I can't be vocally critical of the people representing the club on the pitch... just like a supporter of a political party can be critical of its leadership if they're failing. If you're telling me you'd be clapping them off after losing in that manner tonight that's fine, personally, I and I imagine most supporters wouldn't be doing any such thing. 

Bang on. I just cannot defend a performance like that especially with the current circumstances. There was zero intensity, no passion, no nothing. It was disgusting.

Just now, sage said:

I would offer encouragement during the game. I would support them. Players need fans the most when things aren't going well. You may have been going for 20 years, doesn't mean your attitude is helpful.  

If these players were giving everything in their tank I'd be giving them plenty of encouragement too at the ground. Tonight, it was painfully obvious that they didn't and that doesn't deserve encouragement but rather a response of frustration and anger to make it known it's simply not acceptable. 

46 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Protest happening ?

It wouldn't be a protest as such, we have 3 games left and we just have to hope the players turn up. I think the fans need to make their feelings clear in some way though. The players are getting away with murder and letting our club sink into league one without putting up a fight. I'm honestly so angry.

Grow up.

On a day when football fans have protested (and won) against a genuine threat to football itself, we’re deciding to do the same because we’re a bit crap.

We haven’t got an owner maliciously bleeding us dry, nor have we got a manager who’s done anything worse than perform poorly (although I’d remind you that we were bottom of the league on 6 points when the previous manager left).

Embarassing. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

40 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Grow up.

On a day when football fans have protested (and won) against a genuine threat to football itself, we’re deciding to do the same because we’re a bit crap.

We haven’t got an owner maliciously bleeding us dry, nor have we got a manager who’s done anything worse than perform poorly (although I’d remind you that we were bottom of the league on 6 points when the previous manager left).

Embarassing. 

We’ve improved table-wise since Cocu left but it’s pretty damming that we’d be in the relegation zone if it wasn’t for Sheffield Wednesday’s points deduction. 1 win in 12 isn’t good enough.

13 minutes ago, cannable said:

Or, more accurately; team with zero confidence starts brightly, concedes, confidence shatters 

Yeah (in the morning light :D) there was some of that too. Watching on the red button with no replays was Tom's 'goal' far offside?

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Or, more accurately; team with zero confidence starts brightly, concedes, confidence shatters 

Are you sure about that? Surely it's lack of passion? Or that they don't care because they still get paid?

If it does turn out you are right though, perhaps the "protest" (shouting abuse at the players before the match) may not be the optimal way of getting 3 points?

34 minutes ago, cannable said:

But why? Conceding a goal shouldn't do that to you. I not only saw a lack of confidence, I will stand by what I said, there was no fight out there at all. Players were hiding. Unforgivable.

12 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

But why? Conceding a goal shouldn't do that to you. I not only saw a lack of confidence, I will stand by what I said, there was no fight out there at all. Players were hiding. Unforgivable.

True too. They gave the horrendous, not come back from going behind, stat out on Sky, something like out of 24 games of going behind (?) we've not come back in 22 of the games. That says more about them than lack of confidence.

Edited by RoyMac5