Darren Moore

Day

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

31 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Blimey, has Darren had a bang to the head , awful job to take on , his old club could be swapping places with Wednesday next season , hope he knows what hes doing

West Brom do look doomed, but I think it'd be a bit of a push for Wednesday to get promoted

I always think it's disappointing when a manager walks out mid-season to move to a 'bigger' club - Doncaster gave him his chance and he's done well for them, but now he's stuck 2 fingers up to them and run off to Wednesday as fast as his (admittedly slow) legs will carry him. Leaves Doncaster in a hole and I'm sad because I thought he'd got more about him than to treat a club like that....

I'm sure someone will be on here lecturing me about how there's no loyalty in football anymore, but it still leaves a bad taste.....sorry Darren - you've gone down in my estimation....

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I'm sure someone will be on here lecturing me about how there's no loyalty in football anymore, but it still leaves a bad taste.....sorry Darren - you've gone down in my estimation....

Because the Chairmen foster such loyalty in their own actions? Why should Darren Moore be loyal to Doncaster? Why should he turn down a, let's say, 50% pay rise? Why shouldn't he want to try his arm at a club with bigger budget, playing staff and everything - even if he does end up in the same division as them next season (he's bulletproof on that one, as long as they don't fall off a cliff)?

The only reason is to pull Doncaster up through the league to prove to himself and other prospective suitors. Sadly, there is no reason on the table other than that why any manager should display a one sided loyalty, only to get canned themselves if things go the other way.

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Because the Chairmen foster such loyalty in their own actions? Why should Darren Moore be loyal to Doncaster? Why should he turn down a, let's say, 50% pay rise? Why shouldn't he want to try his arm at a club with bigger budget, playing staff and everything - even if he does end up in the same division as them next season (he's bulletproof on that one, as long as they don't fall off a cliff)?

The only reason is to pull Doncaster up through the league to prove to himself and other prospective suitors. Sadly, there is no reason on the table other than that why any manager should display a one sided loyalty, only to get canned themselves if things go the other way.

Well that didn't take long did it?

23 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I always think it's disappointing when a manager walks out mid-season to move to a 'bigger' club - Doncaster gave him his chance and he's done well for them, but now he's stuck 2 fingers up to them and run off to Wednesday as fast as his (admittedly slow) legs will carry him. Leaves Doncaster in a hole and I'm sad because I thought he'd got more about him than to treat a club like that....

I'll spare you the lecture, but I know what you're saying, thought the same with Keogh walking out on MK Dons, football will never be how we want it to be

35 minutes ago, David said:

I'll spare you the lecture, but I know what you're saying, thought the same with Keogh walking out on MK Dons, football will never be how we want it to be

To be fair, I'd expect nothing less from Keogh - whereas I expect more from Darren....

6 hours ago, Gaspode said:

To be fair, I'd expect nothing less from Keogh - whereas I expect more from Darren....

Maybe, I would have thought Moore would have wanted a top 6 finish on his CV, even if they lost in the playoffs.

Some call us a basket case of a club, but to throw it all away for Sheffield Wednesday is bizarre, doesn't look like they are that happy with it either. 

Give it a year max, hope it doesn't set his career back this move

On 02/03/2021 at 10:28, Gaspode said:

Agree with this.

Personally I'd have a rule that doesn't allow a club to recruit a new manager during the season. If the manager leaves or is sacked they would have to recruit from within/use a current employee as caretaker.

The real disappointing bit is that Daz didn't turn them down and tell them he'd got a job to do at Donny.