Derby County - the movie.

Rev

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm taking a break from casting to work up the plot outline for "Meligula", under the original 1979 strapline. 

"What would you have done if you had been given absolute power of life and death over everybody else in the whole dcfc world?" 

So far I've got as far as.... 

Meligula (which in Latin translates as "little booze") is raised in the drinking traditions of the dressing room and assumes power over the Dcfc empire from Geserius who has retreated into seclusion, and won't hold any games apart from the occasional orgy. 

At first all goes well and Meligula is popular with the crowd by providing entertaining games and securing the support of Mac and his praetorian guard. 

Thereafter matters progress gradually into insanity as Meligula launches increasingly unhinged ventures and becomes estranged from the EFL senate and it's leader Gibsonus.

Ultimately Mac is beheaded, Meligula carries on an affair with his sister (played by Claire Ince) and declares his pet cat a senator. 

It all ends in disaster as Meligula is attacked on the senate steps and beaten to death by Gibsonus with a wooden case full of FFP writs. Dcfc power passes to the little known Alonsus who has been hiding out of the way. 

May need a bit more detail fleshing out........ ?

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm taking a break from casting to work up the plot outline for "Meligula", under the original 1979 strapline. 

"What would you have done if you had been given absolute power of life and death over everybody else in the whole dcfc world?" 

So far I've got as far as.... 

Meligula (which in Latin translates as "little booze") is raised in the drinking traditions of the dressing room and assumes power over the Dcfc empire from Geserius who has retreated into seclusion, and won't hold any games apart from the occasional orgy. 

At first all goes well and Meligula is popular with the crowd by providing entertaining games and securing the support of Mac and his praetorian guard. 

Thereafter matters progress gradually into insanity as Meligula launches increasingly unhinged ventures and becomes estranged from the EFL senate and it's leader Gibsonus.

Ultimately Mac is beheaded, Meligula carries on an affair with his sister (played by Claire Ince) and declares his pet cat a senator. 

It all ends in disaster as Meligula is attacked on the senate steps and beaten to death by Gibsonus with a wooden case full of FFP writs. Dcfc power passes to the little known Alonsus who has been hiding out of the way. 

May need a bit more detail fleshing out........ ?

I'm thinking along the lines of a courtroom drama, something like "To catch a mocking Gibson" or "A few good Men, and also Richard Keogh"?

Archived