Eddie Howe

Jimbo Ram

Looks like he is looking to rebuild his career from the bottom at Celtic. Tricky first few games mind.....couple of away games, first at the Dog and Duck and then the Bricklayers Arms and then very difficult home games against the Pear Tree and the Red Lion......thoughts???

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect he'll "fail" (i.e. not win the league next season) and jump for a job back south as soon as he can.

I wouldn't be surprised if rangers go on to get 8 or 9 in a row now before it swings back towards the green and white (and rangers probably go bust again). Is Eddie Howe the man for the toxic goldfish bowl of the old firm?

Best thing would be to exile both the old firm teams to somewhere they can't bother anyone. South Georgia perhaps?

46 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I suspect he'll "fail" (i.e. not win the league next season) and jump for a job back south as soon as he can.

I wouldn't be surprised if rangers go on to get 8 or 9 in a row now before it swings back towards the green and white (and rangers probably go bust again). Is Eddie Howe the man for the toxic goldfish bowl of the old firm?

Best thing would be to exile both the old firm teams to somewhere they can't bother anyone. South Georgia perhaps?

If only......we can but dream.....

Great job for him, now Rangers are competitive again will be an interesting battle at the top. 

Won’t have the money up there that Bournemouth had in the Premier League so will need to rebuild on a much smaller budget as he did to get them up there.

If he can come close to replicating the success Brendan Rodgers had up there, should rebuild his stock again to get a decent Premier League club offer.

Good move for Howe. This could go either way though. I’m still not convinced Howe is going to be a top manager, nowhere near the level that Rodgers is. If he does well he’ll get a decent Prem job in 3 years, if it goes wrong he becomes a Pardew, Hughes, Pulis, Hughton type at best. 

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Looks like he is looking to rebuild his career from the bottom at Celtic. Tricky first few games mind.....couple of away games, first at the Dog and Duck and then the Bricklayers Arms and then very difficult home games against the Pear Tree and the Red Lion......thoughts???

The Pear Tree brings back some distant match day memories ?

Dangerous appointment by Celtic imo. Eddie Howe is used to managing the “plucky underdog” and not really being under much pressure to deliver success. Celtic is an entirely different kettle of fish to Bournemouth - they expect to be winning every single game. In the past it’s been a very easy job, as there was no real competition. But now Rangers have made their way back, success won’t come quite as easily. They’ll still be expecting to win the title next season, and I can see Howe struggling to deliver that winning mentality. He won’t last long imo.

22 hours ago, SKRam said:

Loch Lomond is not far to the north so he’s got fantastic scenery and The Trossachs. Worse places to hang out 

Old firm bigwigs don't tend to live in "gritty east end of glasgow housing schemes" - there's lots of lovely places as soon as you get out of the city.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to him being confirmed because it means Hun Wars will have moved from Episode 3: Revenge of the Staunch to Episode 4: A new Pope.

Archived