F1 2021

Gaspode

I think Rosberg took 'whatever it takes' to a new limit. Can't wait for the day when we get a retrospective doc/film/book about it. Rosberg knew Hamilton so well from his time as a kid, and did absolutely everything to rattle him - moved meetings at the last moment, spread gossip about Lewis having inferior equipment, made it sound like he was cheating even when he wasn't to play on Lewis' obsession with fairness.

It was almost like he was being managed by Mourinho.

Even though vastly more talented, I think that if Lewis and Max were in the same team, Max would do just the same.

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

I think Rosberg took 'whatever it takes' to a new limit. Can't wait for the day when we get a retrospective doc/film/book about it. Rosberg knew Hamilton so well from his time as a kid, and did absolutely everything to rattle him - moved meetings at the last moment, spread gossip about Lewis having inferior equipment, made it sound like he was cheating even when he wasn't to play on Lewis' obsession with fairness.

It was almost like he was being managed by Mourinho.

Even though vastly more talented, I think that if Lewis and Max were in the same team, Max would do just the same.

It's hard to say for sure, because at present Max has Christian Horner doing all that stuff (same as he did with Seb back in the day). However, like Rosberg showed so well, if you can get Lewis rattled it's one of your morlst effective ways of beating him because it drastically ups the unforced errors from him.

On 08/11/2021 at 18:53, Rev said:

I'd like to hate Horner, he's such as smug twit, but then I remember he has to listen to Geri singing in the shower every morning, and decide the gods have punished him enough.

But on the flip side he does get to look at her in the shower every morning.  I mean, daaaaaaaaamn...

love you kiss GIF by Walkers Crisps

Even though I suspect the title is all but over, it's still one of the best F1 tracks this weekend at Interlagos.

But apart from the big two, there's still stories to be told this season - particually Ferrari vs McLaren, although I think Ferrari might pull away in this one and Alpine vs Alpha Tauri (ok, Alpine vs Pierre Gasly).

And of course, in Brazil, inclement weather can be a factor.

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Hamilton as took another 5 place grid penalty due to Mercedes engine change it just goes from bad to worse, this is Mercedes worse season for there engines there usually so reliable. Red Bull and Horner must be loving it. 

Yeah, it's an odd one. They've clearly pushed something just a little too far in this year's evolution of the power unit.

It won't affect the sprint race (because it's "sprint qualifying" seriously FOM, it's a sprint race, call it that) but will affect the grand prix on Sunday.

I feel it's swinging too far red bull's way, even for Lewis, who has done great things to even keep the championship alive to this point.

Gasly vs Alpine is one to watch though, that kid Alonso is supposed to be decent.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Brutal display from Hamilton in qualifying - clearly wanted to show Max that he wasn’t throwing in the towel just yet….

Apparently they checked Hamilton‘s car after qualifying and found a breach of regulations with the rear wing so he could be made to start from the back of the grid in the sprint race which will kill the Championship….

19 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Apparently they checked Hamilton‘s car after qualifying and found a breach of regulations with the rear wing so he could be made to start from the back of the grid in the sprint race which will kill the Championship….

Horner been at it again is my guess. There's always a lot of "oh, we think you should just look at that" from team principals who suspect but don't have enough to lodge an official protest.

Thing is, technical breaches leave you dead if you're not compliant.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Horner been at it again is my guess. There's always a lot of "oh, we think you should just look at that" from team principals who suspect but don't have enough to lodge an official protest.

Thing is, technical breaches leave you dead if you're not compliant.

Max also in front of the stewards - suggestions that Red Bull made changes to his car under Parc Ferme conditions. That should liven the sprint race up if they both have to start at the back….

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hamilton starts at the back after being disqualified from yesterday's qualifying.

Unless Bottas is in the mood to pull a Nelson piquet jr (or Bottas hungaroring) type move I fear championship is over.

RadioactiveWaste I've come to the conclusion that F1 this season as been corrupted by Jean Todt and Stefano Domenicali they have changed the rules to make Red Bull quicker but make Mercedes weaker this season and why is it that Verstappen gets a fine but no grid penalty yet Lewis is disqualified? I'm sorry I want to see clean competitive racing but it's not happening. I feel angry and disgusted and I'm finished with this season now. 

33 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

RadioactiveWaste I've come to the conclusion that F1 this season as been corrupted by Jean Todt and Stefano Domenicali they have changed the rules to make Red Bull quicker but make Mercedes weaker this season and why is it that Verstappen gets a fine but no grid penalty yet Lewis is disqualified? I'm sorry I want to see clean competitive racing but it's not happening. I feel angry and disgusted and I'm finished with this season now. 

Technical breaches are always a DQ, like Seb at Hungary with the fuel sample.

Whilst I remember well the years FIA stood for "Ferrari International Assistance" I don't think that's what's going on here. It just sucks because it's killed the title fight.

That was some god level stuff from Lewis.

I think Bottas and Sainz get shout outs for doing good jobs.

but wow, yes, starting p10 i would not bet against Hamilton being on the podium.

The more I find out about the DQ for Lewis the harsher it seems. I can see the FIA/stewards thinking "the car that rinsed the field by 4 tenths in Q3 had a DRS that opened further than allowable" (note Bottas' top speeds were same as Hamilon's)but seems clear it's a case of a part just moving slightly out of tolerence and nothing underhand. But on technical breaches it's either you car didn't comply or it did there's absolutly no kind of proportion to it. There's some good discussion in this vid:

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That was some god level stuff from Lewis.

I think Bottas and Sainz get shout outs for doing good jobs.

but wow, yes, starting p10 i would not bet against Hamilton being on the podium.

The more I find out about the DQ for Lewis the harsher it seems. I can see the FIA/stewards thinking "the car that rinsed the field by 4 tenths in Q3 had a DRS that opened further than allowable" (note Bottas' top speeds were same as Hamilon's)but seems clear it's a case of a part just moving slightly out of tolerence and nothing underhand. But on technical breaches it's either you car didn't comply or it did there's absolutly no kind of proportion to it. There's some good discussion in this vid:

Hope Lewis can stay clear of trouble on first couple of laps today from 10th.

Are the FIA like the EFL lol 

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Now's there's a question.....

Toto said it only failed on one side because it had a fault.  

It had passed every time before for all other races. 

I mean disqualification and starting from the back was unbelievable.

Red Bull and Verstappen are really annoying .

They are moaning now about Mercedes straight  line speed .

Edited by Curtains