F1 2021

Gaspode

Can't believe they are still pushing this, but here we are. I would start both Red Bulls from the back of the grid on the last worn tyres from Silverstone, throw in a warning about their future conduct.

3 hours ago, David said:

Can't believe they are still pushing this, but here we are. I would start both Red Bulls from the back of the grid on the last worn tyres from Silverstone, throw in a warning about their future conduct.

I very much doubt the penalty will change.

It was a legitimate attempt, Hamilton just wasn't able to hold his line tight enough. So it's a mistake on Hamilton's part but Red bull are not going to get anywhere with this.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was a legitimate attempt, Hamilton just wasn't able to hold his line tight enough. So it's a mistake on Hamilton's part but Red bull are not going to get anywhere with this.

I think there will be some warning to Hamilton about future races and keeping the integrity of the sport, just something to give Red Bull to comfort themselves with.

Hungary is going to be spicy, that's for sure. Odds on Perez sending Hamilton into the barriers?....Team orders 

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Agree - Hamilton is not that type of racer.  Smacks of sour grapes on Red Bull's part. 

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Hope the review decides that Max was guilty of turning in and give him a 10 place grid penalty - Red Bull have been emabrassing in their attitude to what should have clearly been deemed a racing incident....

It won't. Verstappen didn't do anything wrong, he left plenty on the inside for a car to be, Lewis just wasn't able to put his car there.

Red Bull are embarrassing themselves though.

Bit of an explainer here on it. Basically the decision wasn't looked at because Red Bull's evidence was not newly discovered evidence, it was newly created data after the fact - the ran Alex Albon round in the old Red bull car to try to recreate the line used by Hamilton (and presumably prove he couldn't have made the corner). Seemingly obviously, sending a different driver round in a different car on a different day is a sketchy at best premise to try to prove Hamilton's move was deserving of a harsher penalty. And again, I get Red Bull are raging that the penalty wasn't enough because Hamilton still won, but, that's no kind f basis to be deciding penalties. It'd be like the EFL deciding (oh wait..I'd better stop)

However, it didn't get that far. It's not like they uncovered a pre race text from Hamilton to Bottas that said "if i don't get past him by Copse I'm just going to take him out lolz" it's not even been reopened.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-rejects-red-bulls-review-of-hamiltons-british-gp-penalty/6638595/

I am curious what allegations were in the Red Bull petition. Combined with the Merc statemnt it seems there was probably a fair bit of throwing shade going on.

The Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team welcomes the decision of the stewards to reject Red Bull Racing’s right of review, In addition to bringing this incident to a close, we hope that this decision will mark the end of a concerted attempt by the senior management of Red Bull Racing to tarnish the good name and sporting integrity of Lewis Hamilton, including in the documents submitted for their unsuccessful right of review.

“We now look forward to going racing this weekend and to continuing our hard-fought competition for the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship.”

The Hungary Grand Prix is no unmissable.

If you have watched Drive to Survive on Netflix you will see the animosity between the teams and some drivers, it’s great, to see more of that in the public eye as it happens will only generate more interest.

Not saying we need to see Hamilton and Max try and take each other out each week, but that added spice to the rivalry is great.

Bit like when Clough sticks the knee in on Billy Davies.

Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen, Perez, Gasley, Norris, Leclerc, Ocon, Alonso, Vettel top 10.

So, it's pretty much roles reveresed as Max in a car that's probably not quite as fast as the Merc this weekend will be looking to get a pass done on lap 1.

Hopefully the top three all have a nice chat by a barrier so ma bhoy Checo gets to trundle round for his 3rd win in F1.

I've never really liked this track, but Spa to look forward to next.

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen, Perez, Gasley, Norris, Leclerc, Ocon, Alonso, Vettel top 10.

So, it's pretty much roles reveresed as Max in a car that's probably not quite as fast as the Merc this weekend will be looking to get a pass done on lap 1.

Hopefully the top three all have a nice chat by a barrier so ma bhoy Checo gets to trundle round for his 3rd win in F1.

I've never really liked this track, but Spa to look forward to next.

Love watching Checo Perez but hate seeing him in a Red Bull car anyone in that team I won't support. You are right about Spa a fantastic track one of my favourites on the calendar. Let's hope Mercedes do a 1/2 today.