Half time poll: Wayne's thinking?

IslandExile

Half time poll: Wayne's thinking?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IslandExile said:

Please can you ask him next time you see him.

Haha I meant he really needs to be questioned on his team set up and justify his selection if we get nowt from the game in the post match interview.

That will be far more insightful for me than a poll. Not that I don't enjoy a good poll ?

The word genuinely snuck in there makes this a loaded question. But yes, every manager always picks a side to win a game. Their job requires no less.

Do you sometimes do your job deliberately wrong to prove a point or just for a laugh?

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Haha I meant he really needs to be questioned on his team set up and justify his selection if we get nowt from the game in the post match interview.

That will be far more insightful for me than a poll. Not that I don't enjoy a good poll ?

Yeah but what's the purpose of an Internet forum if not to provide a platform for idle speculation?

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah but what's the purpose of an Internet forum if not to provide a platform for idle speculation?

Agreed for what it's worth I don't think Rooney actually knows the capabilities of his players but knew he had to change something after the performance against Forest. So stuck between a rock and a hard place. Think that's something else category. 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

The substitutions even suggest it's about giving the fringe younger players experience rather than trying to claw anything back.

No doubt in my mind he’s played this one as anything would be a bonus but rest the players that need it. Obviously he won’t come out and say that exactly, but the young lads coming on show he doesn’t even want to risk some. 

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

No doubt in my mind he’s played this one as anything would be a bonus but rest the players that need it. Obviously he won’t come out and say that exactly, but the young lads coming on show he doesn’t even want to risk some. 

In fairness, the "first team" did look pretty jaded against Forest.

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

In fairness, the "first team" did look pretty jaded against Forest.

Yeah we definitely needed to rest some of them.

It would be nice to see Watson and MacDonald getting a start rather than loanees though. That’s if we are playing it as a ‘nothing expected’ game. 

Can we add “smoking crack” as an option?

guess In all seriousness he thought this was a gimme and had nothing to lose, so decided to rest the critical 1st teamers. 

With 3 away games on the bounce, this being the first (which was always going to be the toughest) I think Wayne used this match to rest players, give the loanies a good run out, experiment with the formation/players. The next game is always going to be more inportant for points to put the club in a safe mid-table position. I will be happy with 3 pts next and a draw at Barnsley. The 4 points out of the 3 away games would be good return.

Archived