NFL 2021 Season

Day

On 04/10/2021 at 14:20, jimbo jones said:

Nope. Don't get me wrong, he's really talented, but he gets way too much slack for everything being “the lions” fault.

Have you ever seen Believeland on BT Sport? One of the excellent ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries. 

I have always had a soft spot for all Cleveland sport after watching that.

Edited by Angry Ram

On 17/10/2021 at 22:24, Ramslad1992 said:

You’re bottom of the division that includes the Bengals? ?

And the Rams new branding looks like it was designed by those that came up with the Leeds redesign, not a competition though is it ?

On 18/10/2021 at 11:25, Ambitious said:

Week 6 update:

Office Space Reaction GIF

Week 7 update: 

the hershey company lion GIF

Also, on another note: 15-1 over the past two weeks in my fantasy leagues. Good week for me considering everyone I played had a winning record bar one - including a couple of perfect record teams. 

We are rolling! 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Week 7 update: 

the hershey company lion GIF

Also, on another note: 15-1 over the past two weeks in my fantasy leagues. Good week for me considering everyone I played had a winning record bar one - including a couple of perfect record teams. 

We are rolling! 

You missing Goff?

8 minutes ago, David said:

You missing Goff?

I don't when I get to watch Stafford, however Goff played well yesterday for the most part. He came apart in the end and made the mistake of throwing the ball anywhere near Jalen Ramsey who is playing at an absolutely insanely high level at the moment.

Rams are moving, but it's a shame that Cardinals are moving just as quick. It will be a huge game when we meet again. 

7 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That cardinals quarterback looks tiny! 

He can only be, what, 6ft 5in?

?

Assume you meant 5’6? ?

he’s actually 5’10, midget QB’s are the future, almost impossible to tackle without getting called for roughing the passer.

48 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Assume you meant 5’6? ?

he’s actually 5’10, midget QB’s are the future, almost impossible to tackle without getting called for roughing the passer.

Roughing the passer is (kinda) great for pocket passers who are small, but how does it help passers who like to run?

You cannot get called for roughing the passer when the passer is outside the tackle box and has turned into a running back like Murray and Jackson do.

Unnecessary roughness maybe if he has started to slide and you hit him.

Plus, and as importantly, you cannot get called for RTP if you hit him legally before he lets the ball go.

Did you see how hard Jalen Ramsay hit Goff the other day on a legal hit?

Or how hard Donald hit Russell Wilson (who seems small but is taller, stronger and heavier than Murray) and but him out for several weeks.

Murray would have exploded like a glass doll.

Big runners like Vick and RGIII couldn't add any longevity and it's catching up with Mahomes.

And they are/were all much bigger and stronger than Murray.

He's playing lights out but it only needs one hit (and that hit doesn't even have to be legal) and he's utterly toast.

I won't argue that he could most definitely win a Super Bowl if he avoids a big hit and there will be similar QBs taken, but he's no more the future than Doug Flutie was when he entered the league.

He's a very gifted QB (and scary for me as a Rams fan this season), but if he lasts I'll be stunned and there's literally nothing to suggest his ilk are the future of the NFL.

In fact, just the opposite is true because the NFL is littered with running QBs who were going to change the game and never quite did.

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Roughing the passer is (kinda) great for pocket passers who are small, but how does it help passers who like to run?

You cannot get called for roughing the passer when the passer is outside the tackle box and has turned into a running back like Murray and Jackson do.

Unnecessary roughness maybe if he has started to slide and you hit him.

Plus, and as importantly, you cannot get called for RTP if you hit him legally before he lets the ball go.

Did you see how hard Jalen Ramsay hit Goff the other day on a legal hit?

Or how hard Donald hit Russell Wilson (who seems small but is taller, stronger and heavier than Murray) and but him out for several weeks.

Murray would have exploded like a glass doll.

Big runners like Vick and RGIII couldn't add any longevity and it's catching up with Mahomes.

And they are/were all much bigger and stronger than Murray.

He's playing lights out but it only needs one hit (and that hit doesn't even have to be legal) and he's utterly toast.

I won't argue that he could most definitely win a Super Bowl if he avoids a big hit and there will be similar QBs taken, but he's no more the future than Doug Flutie was when he entered the league.

He's a very gifted QB (and scary for me as a Rams fan this season), but if he lasts I'll be stunned and there's literally nothing to suggest his ilk are the future of the NFL.

In fact, just the opposite is true because the NFL is littered with running QBs who were going to change the game and never quite did.

Vikings legend Fran Tarkenton got the nickname “scrambling Fran” for doing the stuff like what Mahomes and Murray do, in the 60’s and 70’s, it’s not new, he perhaps wasn’t quite as athletic. You had Warren Moon in the 80’s and 90’s.

It kind of surprises me that people still expect “running” QB’s to have a long shelf life, and not get injured a lot. They’ve made the game soft to try and favour the QB’s but they are still going to get hit. Give me a great pocket passer over someone who runs round like a madman. The only way they can last is if they make it that you really can’t touch them.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Vikings legend Fran Tarkenton got the nickname “scrambling Fran” for doing the stuff like what Mahomes and Murray do, in the 60’s and 70’s, it’s not new, he perhaps wasn’t quite as athletic. You had Warren Moon in the 80’s and 90’s.

It kind of surprises me that people still expect “running” QB’s to have a long shelf life, and not get injured a lot. They’ve made the game soft to try and favour the QB’s but they are still going to get hit. Give me a great pocket passer over someone who runs round like a madman. The only way they can last is if they make it that you really can’t touch them.

From the archive footage I've seen, nfl pitches in the 70s were like the baseball ground and the game was similarly slower 

15 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

From the archive footage I've seen, nfl pitches in the 70s were like the baseball ground and the game was similarly slower 

You're right.

Now you have linebackers who are built like Olinemen from the 60s' and 70s' who run like WRs did (almost).

The power and speed is incredible but nobody can built up the strength of an ACL or Achilles in comparison.