NFL 2021 Season

Day

16 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Vikings legend Fran Tarkenton got the nickname “scrambling Fran” for doing the stuff like what Mahomes and Murray do, in the 60’s and 70’s, it’s not new, he perhaps wasn’t quite as athletic. You had Warren Moon in the 80’s and 90’s.

It kind of surprises me that people still expect “running” QB’s to have a long shelf life, and not get injured a lot. They’ve made the game soft to try and favour the QB’s but they are still going to get hit. Give me a great pocket passer over someone who runs round like a madman. The only way they can last is if they make it that you really can’t touch them.

Brady’s extraordinary longevity being evidence of this.
The NFL seems wide open this year but the Bucs seem to be ominously following the Belachek/Brady blueprint.

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

What a crap weekends results as the Bengals blow a 14 point lead in the 4th to the blooming jets of all teams..... 

Not happy ?

Bengals beat Ravens, Jets beat Bengals so what I'm seeing here is the Jets are better than the Ravens.

But I do have one question, how do you even lose to the Jets with their backup QB? 

4 hours ago, David said:

Bengals beat Ravens, Jets beat Bengals so what I'm seeing here is the Jets are better than the Ravens.

But I do have one question, how do you even lose to the Jets with their backup QB? 

Well I'm no expert, but giving up over 400 yards to the jets offence probably didn't help. 

Nor the start qb throwing an interception the first play after conceding a touchdown ?

On 25/10/2021 at 17:54, Ambitious said:

Week 7 update: 

the hershey company lion GIF

Also, on another note: 15-1 over the past two weeks in my fantasy leagues. Good week for me considering everyone I played had a winning record bar one - including a couple of perfect record teams. 

We are rolling! 

Week 8 update:

Song Celebrate GIF

Staggering what happened after we rested the starters for the 4th Q, but I guess it doesn't really matter despite my frustration with it all! 

On the fantasy note - the record is now 22-2 over the past three weeks in all leagues. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's all coming up for me! 

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Jameis out for the season...i know what the Saints need, seems as their whole offense is check the ball down to Alvin Kamara....king of the check downs....Kirk Daniel Cousins ?

Finally realised the way forward for the Vikings is getting rid of Cousins?

Only been telling you this for months now!

1 hour ago, David said:

Finally realised the way forward for the Vikings is getting rid of Cousins?

Only been telling you this for months now!

It is, but not because of his play. It's his ludicrous 45 million cap hit next year. The teams a mess, and Mike Zimmer should be fired immediately. 

We aren't going to be competitive as we are, so paying big money to a QB makes no sense. We need to clear the decks of aging players (not just cousins) on big contracts, and let a new guy build around all the young talent we have.