The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

37 minutes ago, maxjam said:

This is essential listening.  

Very easy listening and goes indepth on a few subjects.  If you're interested make sure you listen to the whole thing rather than the snippets on twitter/wherever.

Joe Rogan? Seriously? 

Try Google "Joe Rogan Fact Check". 

I'm not wasting time listening to a shock jock paid millions to stir up controversy on Spotify. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Joe Rogan? Seriously? 

I'm not wasting time listening to a shock jock paid millions to stir up controversy on Spotify. 

Exactly the response I knew I'd get from some of you tbh. 

Joe asks the questions, Robert Malone gives some very good answers.  If you want to learn something I'd recommend watching it otherwise we have nothing to talk about ?

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

Exactly the response I knew I'd get from some of you tbh. 

Joe asks the questions, Robert Malone gives some very good answers.  If you want to learn something I'd recommend watching it otherwise we have nothing to talk about ?

I'm not watching a shock jock and treating it like it's factual. Go google Joe Rogan Fact Check and let me know what you think. 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not watching a shock jock and treating it like it's factual. Go google Joe Rogan Fact Check and let me know what you think. 

I don't need to google Joe Rogan, I've watched plenty of his podcasts - some he treats more seriously than others.

This one happened to be a very good one otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.  If you're not going to watch it due to some predefined opinion then fair enough, we have nothing to talk about. 

For those that are interested Dr Robert Malone discusses his employment history, his work on mrna tech, his covid anti-virals that are currently undergoing FDA approval, his social media cancellation, why hospitals and Doctors aren't incentivized to administer early treatment, politicization of covid, media bias and more.

The guy has a lifetime in not only virology but the Government and boards and organizations that govern various aspects of medicine.  If you want to broaden your knowledge, its well worth the 3hr time investment.

EDIT: Furthermore what you are falling into a social media constructed echo chamber.  Dr Malone gets cancelled from twitter, limiting his options to get his message out so he appears on Joe Rogan - that the media have already told you is a shock jock.  Whatever your opinion of Joe Rogan you should be listening to his guests (Dr Malone in this instance) and forming an opinion/fact checking what it is they are saying.

Edited by maxjam

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I don't need to google Joe Rogan, I've watched plenty of his podcasts - some he treats more seriously than others.

This one happened to be a very good one otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.  If you're not going to watch it due to some predefined opinion then fair enough, we have nothing to talk about. 

For those that are interested Robert Malone discusses his employment history, his work on mrna tech, his covid anti-virals that are currently undergoing FDA approval, his social media cancellation, why hospitals and Doctors aren't incentivized to administer early treatment, politicization of covid and media bias and more.

The guy has a lifetime in not only virology but the Government and boards and organizations that govern various aspects of medicine.  If you want to broaden your knowledge, its well worth the 3hr time investment.

Nope, definitely not interested in right wing bullshitters. Also not interested in videos filled with emotive shock-jock outrage. Happy to read anything you like though, it's fine, I have a concentration span. 

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Nope, definitely not interested in right wing bullshitters. Also not interested in videos filled with emotive shock-jock outrage. Happy to read anything you like though, it's fine, I have a concentration span. 

So right wing he endorsed Bernie Sanders ?

You stick to what the media tells you, anyone that does listen to it will learn something.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Joe Rogan? Seriously? 

Is Malone credible and worth listening to , just interested to know whether he’s not worth listening to as he has nothing of value to offer?

16 minutes ago, Archied said:

Is Malone credible and worth listening to , just interested to know whether he’s not worth listening to as he has nothing of value to offer?

I know you weren't asked me but absolutely.

Whatever your opinions of Joe Rogan are, listen to a guy that has probably done more than most to keep you alive should you have needed it over the past couple of years - and is continuing to work on new and improved treatments.

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I know you weren't asked me but absolutely.

Whatever your opinions of Joe Rogan are, listen to a guy that has probably done more than most to keep you alive should you have needed it over the past couple of years - and is continuing to work on new and improved treatments.

Yet you Google him and the first thing that comes up is his Wikipedia where is states about him spreading misinformation about Covid vaccines.

Its no wonder that people are not prepared to listen to a range of views. 

Its amazing that it often tends to be the people that also say follow the science and trust the experts that are the first to dismiss the very people they claim to promote.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yet you Google him and the first thing that comes up is his Wikipedia where is states about him spreading misinformation about Covid vaccines.

Its no wonder that people are not prepared to listen to a range of views. 

Its amazing that it often tends to be the people that also say follow the science and trust the experts that are the first to dismiss the very people they claim to promote.

I would far rather listen to what someone has to say and make my own mind up than be told what a persons opinions are by someone else.

Three hours is a long time to talk, you get far more information than you would from a newspaper article or 30 second twitter clip with no context.  Dr Malone covered a fair amount ground and went into detail in a number of them.  For someone that has spent his career in virology, worked for the Govt and continues to sit of the boards of various medical panels, for twitter to ban him for promoting 'vaccine hesitency' just goes to show how political and narrow-minded the entire approach has become.  

I've probably plugged it enough now so I'll leave it here but it is well worth the 3hr time investment - there is a lot of info conveyed that really makes you think.

Started feeling a bit under the weather Thursday night and sensed it was Covid. Both got tests yesterday, hers came back clear, mine not. She had a nasty variant back in the early days of the pandemic and despite being mid-thirties and very fit and healthy, it was touch and go for a while, so she'll be away while I self-isolate. Better safe then sorry and all that. 

Word of warning; I don't have the Omicron symptoms, rather the temperature, coughing, sore eyes and tight chest associated with earlier variants, so be aware that the potentially nasty ones are still out there. No sermons, just be mindful peeps! 

18 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Started feeling a bit under the weather Thursday night and sensed it was Covid. Both got tests yesterday, hers came back clear, mine not. She had a nasty variant back in the early days of the pandemic and despite being mid-thirties and very fit and healthy, it was touch and go for a while, so she'll be away while I self-isolate. Better safe then sorry and all that. 

Word of warning; I don't have the Omicron symptoms, rather the temperature, coughing, sore eyes and tight chest associated with earlier variants, so be aware that the potentially nasty ones are still out there. No sermons, just be mindful peeps! 

Get well soon. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Look after yourself and hope to have you back sparring soon ?

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Keep well mate

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

I would far rather listen to what someone has to say and make my own mind up than be told what a persons opinions are by someone else.

Three hours is a long time to talk, you get far more information than you would from a newspaper article or 30 second twitter clip with no context.  Dr Malone covered a fair amount ground and went into detail in a number of them.  For someone that has spent his career in virology, worked for the Govt and continues to sit of the boards of various medical panels, for twitter to ban him for promoting 'vaccine hesitency' just goes to show how political and narrow-minded the entire approach has become.  

I've probably plugged it enough now so I'll leave it here but it is well worth the 3hr time investment - there is a lot of info conveyed that really makes you think.

How do you know they haven’t banned him because he is lying and promoting doubt?

You say it’s essential, well worth the investment and a very good one.

Is that because you agree with all of his points?

He’s in a minority. I’m not saying he is wrong, but why believe him over the majority?