The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

You have to use your brain though.

Some of what Boris says is 100% good advice. So if you idealogically ignore absolutely everything he says just because 50% is baalocks then you would be screwing up in your decision making.

As you say. You have to listen to what is said.

I do ,,, was just using boris as an example 

9 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

We’ll see one day. What was/is he right/wrong side of things:

What was thought of as being right in Feb 2020 almost certainly was not and similar at various points throughout the pandemic.

At the end of the day what is/was right will depend on the individuals perspective.

Perspective of one person that lost their job/house but was in low risk age catagory (would have preferred no lock downs) will be different to those who lost 3 family members to COVID (would prefer harsher lockdowns and mandatory vaccination).

Both will think their respective positions are right. Are they both right? 

As always the answer will lay somewhere in the middle??‍♂️

9 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

We’ll see one day. What was/is he right/wrong side of things:

What was thought of as being right in Feb 2020 almost certainly was not and similar at various points throughout the pandemic.

At the end of the day what is/was right will depend on the individuals perspective.

Perspective of one person that lost their job/house but was in low risk age catagory (would have preferred no lock downs) will be different to those who lost 3 family members to COVID (would prefer harsher lockdowns and mandatory vaccination).

Both will think their respective positions are right. Are they both right? 

Couldn’t agree more,  what people believe is handling all this right/wrong is all down to perspective. Those at risk or detrimentally effected will always want tougher controls, those not really effected but with other things to lose will want less or no controls, then you have the other group the virtue signallers who just say they want the “right” things because it makes them feel better and for the likes they get.  You see all 3 parties in the debate on here 

14 hours ago, Archied said:

A simple nothing as far as I know would have done or are we not interested in WHATS SAID ,,, isn’t boris telling us to get boosted now , 2 min Google of boris track record of lies and rooster ups ,

always more interested in what’s being said??‍♂️

What?

You asked for an example and I gave you one. 

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

What?

You asked for an example and I gave you one. 

You’ve lost me , you implied what was written was of no value as the person saying it got other stuff wrong in your view , I pointed out it wasn’t a standard you held others to ??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

You’ve lost me , you implied what was written was of no value as the person saying it got other stuff wrong in your view , I pointed out it wasn’t a standard you held others to ??‍♂️

Haha of course I do. It doesn’t matter what side of whatever debate someone is from, if they’ve demonstrated that they’re a serious nut job then I’ll choose not to take what they present as fact. 
You asked for a factual inaccuracy and I gave you one. 

24 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Haha of course I do. It doesn’t matter what side of whatever debate someone is from, if they’ve demonstrated that they’re a serious nut job then I’ll choose not to take what they present as fact. 

So that’s boris your talking about then?

25 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

What factual inaccuracy in the said piece did you give me ???‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Archied said:

Sorry my fault , I can’t help but reply to Eddie when he post really nasty stuff??‍♂️

Wasn't singling out you mate, honestly! Was only a jokey post anyway, after the unofficial armistice of a week or so ago.

In all seriousness though Archie, I know we've had our differences, but I do think sometimes you take stuff too much to heart and also assume you are the target when on occasions, it's not the case. 

Anyway, not for me to give advice really so will just wish you and the curious collective who gather on this thread a pre-emptive happy new year. Hopefully 2022 allows us and our club to mend and move forwards once again.

38 minutes ago, Archied said:

So that’s boris your talking about then?

Maybe. You seem to think I’m a Boris fanboy. I’m not. 

37 minutes ago, Archied said:

What factual inaccuracy in the said piece did you give me ???‍♂️

Try reading my post. 

Happy new year. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Wasn't singling out you mate, honestly! Was only a jokey post anyway, after the unofficial armistice of a week or so ago.

In all seriousness though Archie, I know we've had our differences, but I do think sometimes you take stuff too much to heart and also assume you are the target when on occasions, it's not the case. 

Anyway, not for me to give advice really so will just wish you and the curious collective who gather on this thread a pre-emptive happy new year. Hopefully 2022 allows us and our club to mend and move forwards once again.

As I’ve said before , this is about the only place I talk about politics, covid and emotive stuff , avoid it like the plague with mates and workmates so probably get into it a bit too lively at times , good thing is I’m not one to hold onto grudges or believe opinions on any one are define the whole person 

happy new year?, good thing is Derby are giving us something to talk about in other topics?

By all means get the jab but if you lose weight you'll be setting yourself up for a lifetime of better health and be doing far more to 'save the NHS' 

EDIT: 50% of patients admitted to ICU with covid are obese, 80% are overweight or obese.  Get yourself out for a walk!

Edited by maxjam

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The truth tends to hurt.

What that you wish some people would get covid really badly but not die ( pulled on the die bit before )

posting that kind of stuff hurts you more than me ,if you only did but know it??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

UK Covid case numbers climb to almost 190,000 on last day of 2021

Friday’s figures also show 203 deaths as ONS estimates one in 25 people in England had Covid before Christmas. 

NHS England also revealed there were 2,370 hospital admissions with Covid in England on 29 December, a 90% week-on-week increase and the highest daily total since 29 January. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/31/uk-covid-case-numbers-climb-to-189846-on-last-day-of-2021

We had 15 hundred and something cases recorded yesterday.  Five of six on ventilator were reportedly "unvaccinated" which today means havn't had a booster, but the national hospital pandemic board (yes we have one now) felt an urge to plead to the totally unvaccinated to get vaxxed, so as not to overload the hospital.

It's all a farce, i tell you.  Blame it on the wine, but i mean it and still i wear a mask to the damned supermarket.