The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

22 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh there's plenty of people on the internet, espceially early in the pandemic  saying "It's just the flu", "People dying with COVID not from it" all that sort of thing. 

That just means, in their eyes, that 'just the flu' has killed 150,000 more than 'just the flu normally does.

My Christmas plans have gone down the pan as half of my family have COVID. Seems like the ones who didn't have it last winter have caught this time around. 

I'm struggling to understand the reasoning behind potential lockdowns this time around. I completely understood last winter because we had no protection of this virus, the death toll was horrible and the hospitals were a mess. It was the right thing to do, as difficult as it was for my family and friends. 

My reasons for having the vaccine weren't really for my own benefit but to protect the others around me who don't have the immune system to fight something like this. And now inevitably the unvaccinated are causing the problems, surprise surprise. Call me harsh, I have zero sympathy for these people who are in the hospital and haven't had a vaccine. They are the primary reason why we might have to go backwards towards not mixing households again. Take some responsibility for yourselves. This isn't some crazy conspiracy.

I feel like I've made sacrifices to give the scientists / government time to get this pandemic under control. Too many people are reading utter rubbish on the internet in their spare time and it's flooded their minds to make rash and irresponsible decisions. This was going to happen at some point and for the majority of people who've taken a vaccine, even if there weren't 100% behind it, they now have to suffer the consequences. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

That just means, in their eyes, that 'just the flu' has killed 150,000 more than 'just the flu normally does.

Not looked at the figures recently but is 150,000 the excess deaths since the start of the pandemic?

If so, does that mean that they are all being attributed to Covid?

Has the pandemic caused no excess deaths in other areas?

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but you do realise how bad it is looked upon to level any criticism at BLM?

Much easier to be hypocritical and brush it under the carpet and post up an image that you can find with lots of them wearing masks and find one of the current protests with people not wearing masks.

Seeing as the current protests are about the freedom of people to not have to wear masks, it was easy.

I just took the first image of a demonstration in London in each category.

Just now, SouthStandDan said:

My Christmas plans have gone down the pan as half of my family have COVID. Seems like the ones who didn't have it last winter have caught this time around. 

I'm struggling to understand the reasoning behind potential lockdowns this time around. I completely understood last winter because we had no protection of this virus, the death toll was horrible and the hospitals were a mess. It was the right thing to do, as difficult as it was for my family and friends. 

My reasons for having the vaccine weren't really for my own benefit but to protect the others around me who don't have the immune system to fight something like this. And now inevitably the unvaccinated are causing the problems, surprise surprise. Call me harsh, I have zero sympathy for these people who are in the hospital and haven't had a vaccine. They are the primary reason why we might have to go backwards towards not mixing households again. Take some responsibility for yourselves. This isn't some crazy conspiracy.

I feel like I've made sacrifices to give the scientists / government time to get this pandemic under control. Too many people are reading utter rubbish on the internet in their spare time and it's flooded their minds to make rash and irresponsible decisions. This was going to happen at some point and for the majority of people who've taken a vaccine, even if there weren't 100% behind it, they now have to suffer the consequences. 

I'll call you harsh as what you have said is not backed up by the facts.

People have been given the opportunity to take whatever course of action they think best.

The unvaccinated are not the primary reason for another potential lockdown.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Seeing as the current protests are about the freedom of people to not have to wear masks, it was easy.

I just took the first image of a demonstration in London in each category.

The current protests are about restrictions from the Government, potential vaccine passports and mandatory vaccination.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not looked at the figures recently but is 150,000 the excess deaths since the start of the pandemic?

If so, does that mean that they are all being attributed to Covid?

Has the pandemic caused no excess deaths in other areas?

Find some other reason then. Why should I do your work if you want to refute what I posted, lazybones?

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes but you do realise how bad it is looked upon to level any criticism at BLM?

Much easier to be hypocritical and brush it under the carpet and post up an image that you can find with lots of them wearing masks and find one of the current protests with people not wearing masks.

To be honest it’s just really boring having people doing the aggressive Johnny big spuds stuff regularly, it’s an Internet forum for gods sake , it’s not impressing anyone ?‍♂️

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

The current protests are about restrictions from the Government, potential vaccine passports and mandatory vaccination.

So? If they were in favour of masks, wouldn't you think there would be one or two being worn?

5 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

I agree with much of that, however, 90 Sheffield paramedics had a night out last weekend and 48 caught covid. 

Sheffield now has a skeleton ambulance service. Now that is an extreme example, but unless you are happy for people with Covid still going to work, the numbers make further restrictions inevitable. 

Again the blame goes to anti vaxxers, asnt makers etc

Just now, sage said:

I agree with much of that, however, 90 Sheffield paramedics had a night out last weekend and 48 caught covid. 

Sheffield now has a skeleton ambulance service. Now that is an extreme example, but unless you are happy for people with Covid still going to work, the numbers make further restrictions inevitable. 

Again the blame goes to anti vaxxers, asnt makers etc

I am not sure what the best alternative is to lockdowns. Would it be to encourage more people to take regular PCR tests before they go to work/ gatherings? Not sure if that's logistically viable.

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Find some other reason then. Why should I do your work if you want to refute what I posted, lazybones?

Well I dont think the stats on suicide and cancer will be out there yet.

If you're stating 150,000 deaths FROM Covid though I'll have to assume that you have seen the data.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

I am not sure what the best alternative is to lockdowns. Would it be to encourage more people to take regular PCR tests before they go to work/ gatherings? Not sure if that's logistically viable.

The only alternative is have the vaccines (boosters when required etc) and carry on as normal, if you feel unwell do what you’d usually do if you have a cold, flu, the poops etc. We need to stop the obsession with counting cases and treat it like every other everyday illness. 

Are hospitals overcrowded there? If not, I don't really see the big fuss now in pushing for vaccines if the new variant will pass between the vaccinated anyway. Those that don't have the vaccine are just running a higher risk for themselves.

You may say they are selfish as it puts further strain on NHS and hospital workers.

But you can say the say about those who smoke, drink and regularly eat unhealthy food.

If hospitals are still struggling, then for sure the antivaxxers aren't helping and to some extremes are being selfish. But it seems like we have gone past this point now with the new variant.