The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Nope, not lost any of the freedoms I've always had. Every shop owner, event organiser and business has had the right to stipulate the rules we have to comply with, before we are allowed to enter their premises. So once again, what freedoms I'm I losing?

Tell me that these same shops and businesses may be losing their rights to stipulate who can and can not enter their establishment, then you may have a case. But losing my freedoms, once again no.

Good job your not a shop owner then , they lost the right to open up and sell and it’s clear they can be stopped again at the drop of a hat,,

is this the level of your argument, where’s the old champion of OTHERS rights gone ? I’m alright jack , stuff anybody else 

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm careful every day Eddie. I have to wear a mask in the factory every day at work and in meetings etc. I have an 84 year old mum in poor health who we look after to keep her in her home instead of putting her in a care home. We make sure none of us have a cold or cough when we go round, we wash our hands regularly, use sanitiser when we need to. The wife is tested twice a week as per the school rules where she works. I go through a thermal imager everyday at work and have regular tests.

Myself, wife, daughter, son in law and grandkids  all had covid in January 2020. We didn't know it was covid then but the symptoms were much different to the normal flu.

The daughter and grandkids tested positive in September this year but had very mild symptoms - any other year they would have had a cold. Me and the missus had close contact with them in the days prior to their tests yet we were fine.

I know two people who died within days of having a jab, they had long standing illnesses but not immediately life threatening. One was late 40's one mid 50's. Their families believe the jab killed them. I don't know, I have no clue and no way of knowing. 

I know two others who very nearly died after a jab, blood clots, but were young and fit and managed to pull through. 

These are not anecdotal, these are people I know, worked with, live near, know their mums, dads, brothers, sisters, cousins etc.

I know friends and family who work in the NHS who will not have the jab and will leave if mandatory vaccinations happen.

Forced medical procedures of any kind are not part of a free society. 

I am disgusted and ashamed that I am part of a generation that is currently watering down the Human Rights Act, making protests illegal and forcing emergency vaccines on people.

We've not had freedom and democracy long in this country, about 100 years or so, and yet we are prepared to give it up so easily and without a fight.

Fantastic post, people really need to wake up , our children are the vulnerable now the vulnerable have been jabbed , what kind of world are we prepared to hand them if we don’t fight against some of the very dangerous stuff that’s being done in the name of covid a virus that over 98 % of people survived before vaccines, vaccine passports make NO sense , vaccine mandates make no sense , and yet it’s the goal of almost every government it seems , it doesn’t make you a conspiracy theorist to believe covid is being used as a tool by the power drunk 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm careful every day Eddie. I have to wear a mask in the factory every day at work and in meetings etc. I have an 84 year old mum in poor health who we look after to keep her in her home instead of putting her in a care home. We make sure none of us have a cold or cough when we go round, we wash our hands regularly, use sanitiser when we need to. The wife is tested twice a week as per the school rules where she works. I go through a thermal imager everyday at work and have regular tests.

Myself, wife, daughter, son in law and grandkids  all had covid in January 2020. We didn't know it was covid then but the symptoms were much different to the normal flu.

The daughter and grandkids tested positive in September this year but had very mild symptoms - any other year they would have had a cold. Me and the missus had close contact with them in the days prior to their tests yet we were fine.

I know two people who died within days of having a jab, they had long standing illnesses but not immediately life threatening. One was late 40's one mid 50's. Their families believe the jab killed them. I don't know, I have no clue and no way of knowing. 

I know two others who very nearly died after a jab, blood clots, but were young and fit and managed to pull through. 

These are not anecdotal, these are people I know, worked with, live near, know their mums, dads, brothers, sisters, cousins etc.

I know friends and family who work in the NHS who will not have the jab and will leave if mandatory vaccinations happen.

Forced medical procedures of any kind are not part of a free society. 

I am disgusted and ashamed that I am part of a generation that is currently watering down the Human Rights Act, making protests illegal and forcing emergency vaccines on people.

We've not had freedom and democracy long in this country, about 100 years or so, and yet we are prepared to give it up so easily and without a fight.

Wow, Anytime you want to borrow my name Utch send me a message ??

6 hours ago, 1of4 said:

So you say I've not lost any freedoms because I can still move around Europe. Just has I can still live and work in EU countries. But not like I could a few years ago, I now need to have a visa to do this. This Isn't  a restriction to my freedom then?

So when I now want to get into an event in England, I have to show a passport to do so. Isn't this the same freedom?

So you're saying having to show a visa to work is losing freedom but having to show a Covid passport to attend events isn't. 

As I said, your arguments appears somewhat confused.

25 minutes ago, Archied said:

Fantastic post, people really need to wake up , our children are the vulnerable now the vulnerable have been jabbed , what kind of world are we prepared to hand them if we don’t fight against some of the very dangerous stuff that’s being done in the name of covid a virus that over 98 % of people survived before vaccines, vaccine passports make NO sense , vaccine mandates make no sense , and yet it’s the goal of almost every government it seems , it doesn’t make you a conspiracy theorist to believe covid is being used as a tool by the power drunk 

Dont forget the 98% is based on the official figures and we are not being told by all and sundry that the official figures are way lower than the actual figures. 

23 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Here we have the ones who think they had the right to party when we were ordered to stay within the Law.

Tory HQ in Westminster December 14th 2020

image.thumb.png.9923f63f7980980addda3f18fd84c2eb.png

The guy lying down, 1984 has called cans they have their outfit back please? 

22 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Here we have the ones who think they had the right to party when we were ordered to stay within the Law.

I'm certain that Boris will assure us that no rules were broken and its just the angle of the picture that makes it look like there is no social distancing. 

On a serious note here though, its not the rule breaking that is the big issue here (let he without sin cast the first stone and all that).

Its the fact that the people telling us that we should fear for our lives because of this deadly virus clearly had no fear for their own lives, that should tell us all something.

23 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

What a diverse bunch eh, reckon they are really in touch with all the different people who live in London.

How thick must they all be to pose for that photo too? They'll be MPs in 10 years, after writing books about British workers are amongst the worst idlers in the world.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you're saying having to show a visa to work is losing freedom but having to show a Covid passport to attend events isn't. 

As I said, your arguments appears somewhat confused.

You are claiming the opposite.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

You are claiming the opposite.

I'm not claiming anything other than the fact that you are still free to travel anywhere in Europe, this isn't a claim, it is a fact.

My only claim is that the vaccine passports are a complete waste of time because, regardless of whether you have had 1, 2 or 3 jabs, you can still contract the virus and you can still spread it.

I don't see them as an attack on my freedoms, I just see them as pointless and a waste of people's time and money, as I assume the Government will not be providing any funds to help businesses enforce this.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Good job your not a shop owner then , they lost the right to open up and sell and it’s clear they can be stopped again at the drop of a hat,,

is this the level of your argument, where’s the old champion of OTHERS rights gone ? I’m alright jack , stuff anybody else 

I agree shop keepers are losing there rights to run thei business has they wish. But the argument was about the public's freedoms to enter these shops and businesses. 

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm certain that Boris will assure us that no rules were broken and its just the angle of the picture that makes it look like there is no social distancing. 

On a serious note here though, its not the rule breaking that is the big issue here (let he without sin cast the first stone and all that).

Its the fact that the people telling us that we should fear for our lives because of this deadly virus clearly had no fear for their own lives, that should tell us all something.

On a serious note G STAR, It is the rule breaking that is the issue, I can cast the 1st stone, Altho I broke a few Laws back in the day, I consider/considered myself to be a Law abiding citizen in todays world.

These party goers are sticking 2 fingers up at those who listened and took note of our Law makers, While these people think they are above the Law beggars belief...how can the Government now hope the British public will adhere to more Laws, There's more revelations to come i'd wager concerning those in places of authority.

PS One person has now reigned his position...story here, PPS i've no allegiance to any MSM most are leading with this story.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/extraordinary-image-shows-raucous-xmas-25699183

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

On a serious note G STAR, It is the rule breaking that is the issue, I can cast the 1st stone, Altho I broke a few Laws back in the day, I consider/considered myself to be a Law abiding citizen in todays world.

These party goers are sticking 2 fingers up at those who listened and took note of our Law makers, While these people think they are above the Law beggars belief...how can the Government now hope the British public will adhere to more Laws, There's more revelations to come i'd wager concerning those in places of authority.

PS One person has now reigned his position...story here, PPS i've no allegiance to any MSM most are leading with this story.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/extraordinary-image-shows-raucous-xmas-25699183

So did you obey every single rule relating to Covid restrictions last year?

Its all a smokescreen.

Do you seriously think a group of, what look to be, youngish people gathering for food and drinks, when they had probably been working alongside each other all day already, is more of an issue than the Government trying to instill fear into its citizens? When they clearly dont fear the thing that they are convincing everyone else to be scared of?

Well, what can we say?

• The vaccine certainly seems to prevent serious illness from the Alpha-Delta variants. Worth getting for that alone.
  • The vaccine seems to be of limited benefit against Omicron, but we can be optimistic that it's a milder form that perhaps isn't causing as many serious illnesses as the previous versions. Maybe we won't need to vaccinate against it but it's early days to be 100% sure.
  • 25k-75k deaths from Omicron wouldn't be far from the vicinity of annual deaths from flu, and it's thankfully a long way from the 150k+ we've got from the first waves.
  • The Government are happy to preach one rule but do their own thing, showing their failure to actually lead by example.
  • Vaccine passports aren't a good thing. 
  • Lockdowns aren't fun, nobody wants them. But most people don't want a virus spreading unrestricted through the population.
  • There's been a failure to convince certain sections of the population that the vaccine is safe.
  • Medical professionals preferring to lose their jobs than take the vaccine is tragic but utterly avoidable (I mean, it's been rolled out to millions, how much more testing do you need?). It's not like the profession doesn't already mandate some vaccination already. How many doctors are refusing to get vaccinated?
  • Most people probably are prepared to do whatever they can - masks, vaccines and social distancing are a small price in the grand scheme - to maintain open shops and a semblance of normal life.
  • The vocal posters in this thread probably are a minority. Most people are quietly just dealing with it and not arguing, aren't happy but are putting up with the disruption and pain.

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Well, what can we say?

• The vaccine certainly seems to prevent serious illness from the Alpha-Delta variants. Worth getting for that alone.
  • The vaccine seems to be of limited benefit against Omicron, but we can be optimistic that it's a milder form that perhaps isn't causing as many serious illnesses as the previous versions. Maybe we won't need to vaccinate against it but it's early days to be 100% sure.
  • 25k-75k deaths from Omicron wouldn't be far from the vicinity of annual deaths from flu, and it's thankfully a long way from the 150k+ we've got from the first waves.
  • The Government are happy to preach one rule but do their own thing, showing their failure to actually lead by example.
  • Vaccine passports aren't a good thing. 
  • Lockdowns aren't fun, nobody wants them. But most people don't want a virus spreading unrestricted through the population.
  • There's been a failure to convince certain sections of the population that the vaccine is safe.
  • Medical professionals preferring to lose their jobs than take the vaccine is tragic but utterly avoidable (I mean, it's been rolled out to millions, how much more testing do you need?). It's not like the profession doesn't already mandate some vaccination already. How many doctors are refusing to get vaccinated?
  • Most people probably are prepared to do whatever they can - masks, vaccines and social distancing are a small price in the grand scheme - to maintain open shops and a semblance of normal life.
  • The vocal posters in this thread probably are a minority. Most people are quietly just dealing with it and not arguing, aren't happy but are putting up with the disruption and pain.

Amen