The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Is this mandatory for everyone entering the site or just those that are posting? Because if it's only a recommendation and we go down the same route as the government, relying on people using common sense. Then I hope David as had a good anti-virus programme installed. 

Boris said you can take them off while posting so we can understand what your saying. But must put them back on again while reading.

Got told in middle of cop 26 got to return to head office instead of home working.

I Argued that my carbon footprint is 100 miles a day when I can easily work from home also it was madness to return to work      at start of the flu season when it will be also the start of the new covid season. 

Went to my GP last week got to have a review of my medication, on the door it said please still wear a mask if you can which I duly obliged. Out of 15 people only 2 people wore a mask.

No doubt the 13 people who cannot be bothered will be the first to complain when the GP surgery is shut again.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Not really a surprise with them mucky buggers. Hygiene isn't a priority with a lot of them. I think most of them still haven't discovered soap.

Sorry but this is what really got me!

I initially told HR to baalocks when they said you have to put a sign up in the toilet telling people to wash there hands!

my response of well if the dirty twits dont wash there hands already thats natural selection, wasnt acceptable

I'm not sure this isolate thing will work well when coming into the country. Simple example of , lets say Stansted. There's a hell of a lot of people arriving there each day, that go straight down to the train station, and head down to London, then various tube or other stations. Plus a lot of coach traffic from the airport. You'd have possibly infected a lot of people even before you got home to isolate.

2 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

I'm not sure this isolate thing will work well when coming into the country. Simple example of , lets say Stansted. There's a hell of a lot of people arriving there each day, that go straight down to the train station, and head down to London, then various tube or other stations. Plus a lot of coach traffic from the airport. You'd have possibly infected a lot of people even before you got home to isolate.

I dont understand why you dont pcr at the airport

surely it wouldnt cost that much and you add the cost anyways would save the hassle

Anyone still planning going abroad for a holiday next year or opposing to illegal migrants not being deported?

ah well I suppose human rights must be upheld even though it could result in thousands of deaths from covid.

Its incredible that the village of Eyam in the 1600s had more sense of duty than anyone in this country today.

Edited by cstand

9 minutes ago, cstand said:

Anyone still planning going abroad for a holiday next year or opposing to illegal migrants not being deported?

ah well I suppose human rights must be upheld even though it could result in thousands of deaths from covid.

Its incredible that the village of Eyam in the 1600s had more sense of duty than anyone in this country today.

A slight difference with Eyam as you needed to own a horse to travel to the next village. Also they would have hung illegal immigrants back then too.

39 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

how long does it take to get the result? What do you do if it's positive?

Sometimes with 24 hrs but on average I’d say 2/3 days (from personal experience) with the 2day lateral flow it’s obviously Instant but then officially within 24hrs 

In Poland I had a PCR prior to coming home (a requirement at the time) I got my results in 2 hrs. 

Edited by TexasRam

35 minutes ago, cstand said:

Was planning a Christmas Road trip to see family, but with the current situation have cancelled. Can't imagine my plans will change any time soon. 

34 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

A slight difference with Eyam as you needed to own a horse to travel to the next village. Also they would have hung illegal immigrants back then too.

Also please tell me when did the people of Eyam decide it was safe to go abroad on holiday?