The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I've always thought it makes perfect sense to disregard all science and medical advice on the basis that they sometimes get things wrong. I broke 6 bones during my rugby playing days and on one occasion a doctor initially diagnosed a broken wrist as a sprain.

I'm told I need a triple-bypass operation now or I'll die, but if it really needs doing, I'll do it myself as you really can't trust the experts these days. 

Broken bones occur on an hourly basis, bypass operations on a dsily basis. Pandemics like Covid once a century. But you know that already of course. 

As @Archied has already correctly pointed out, when you refer to 'the experts' what you are really saying is the experts that agree with your opinion. 

Out of interest, how many times did you pull up people for disagreeing with Professor Sunetra Gupta? Or do you believe Dave the tyre fitter is suitably qualified to disagree with her?

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well Valances statement wasn't wrong but showed how badly they underestimated what was going to happen.

It shows how utterly appallingly the government and to a certain extent a proportion of the population of this country performed, and are still performing.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It shows how utterly appallingly the government and to a certain extent a proportion of the population of this country performed, and are still performing.

Phew, assumed I had been returned on to ignore when you failed to answer the question that I posed you 3 times.

For now, I'll just have to assume you actually had no answer to it.

So the numbers are all down to the Government and a certain proportion of the population? So 'the experts' come away from this completely blameless?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Yeah too right ,,, them pesky underling tyre fitting types , I blame them for the rise in Belgium beer prices too 

Edited by Archied

I finally received my prompt today from the NHS to come forward for my Covid booster - approximately 2 weeks after the date 6 months following on from my second vaccination.

I logged on to the NHS website which promptly crashed - twice. On the third occasion, it came up with a 'too many failed login attempts' and suspended my session. Eventually I got back on and was able to book a booster at my local pharmacy - in 4 weeks time.

What an utter farce.

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

I finally received my prompt today from the NHS to come forward for my Covid booster - approximately 2 weeks after the date 6 months following on from my second vaccination.

I logged on to the NHS website which promptly crashed - twice. On the third occasion, it came up with a 'too many failed login attempts' and suspended my session. Eventually I got back on and was able to book a booster at my local pharmacy - in 4 weeks time.

What an utter farce.

Eddie, you might not have to wait that long. There are walk in hubs locally. You can try one and then cancel your other appointment if successful.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Eddie, you might not have to wait that long. There are walk in hubs locally. You can try one and then cancel your other appointment if successful.

That's the plan. We're both booking in next week at Midland House.

Need to recover from yesterday's flu jab first. It always hits me really hard. My arm is 'hanging off at the shoulder', so to speak.

Edited by Eddie

10 hours ago, angieram said:

When I checked the nearest five venues , to see what vaccines they had, none of them mention the booster. Just doses one and two of the various vaccines.

On 03/11/2021 at 00:36, Eddie said:

What an utter farce.

You need to have a word with your GP's practice and tell them to get better organised. Mine contacted me and the wife at the start of last week, had the jab on Saturday morning. They were just has efficient doing the flu jab a couple of weeks ago.

14 hours ago, 1of4 said:

You need to have a word with your GP's practice and tell them to get better organised. Mine contacted me and the wife at the start of last week, had the jab on Saturday morning. They were just has efficient doing the flu jab a couple of weeks ago.

Local GP practice is stretched to the limit - beyond its limit really, especially since the massive expansion of the village over the last 2 or 3 years. They are doing the flu vaccines for us old fogeys though.

On 03/11/2021 at 18:03, ketteringram said:

When I checked the nearest five venues , to see what vaccines they had, none of them mention the booster. Just doses one and two of the various vaccines.

My friend had a booster at Pinxton at the weekend, just walked straight in.

15 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Some have chosen not to do covid  boosters. Our local GP practice is one.

Instead they have opened up reception and you can go and book appointments for medical matters with an actual person.

Quite nice, really. It might catch on! 

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

Instead they have opened up reception and you can go and book appointments for medical matters with an actual person.

I really hope so , after the struggle I had recently to actually get to see a gp when I actually needed to ( luckily very rare for me)

that said if we can use some of the changes recently whereby lots of time can be freed up by online consultation s when appropriate it would be no bad thing ,,, sensible balance as always the key??‍♂️

I had my 3rd Covid jab (booster) yesterday, along with my annual flu vaccine jab at the Babington hospital, Belper.  There was a queue of about 40 people in front of me, and I was told they were dealing up to 300 people per day in Belper. Very efficient in everything they did.

No negative effects whatsoever - headache, sore arms, nausea, etc.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Ours isn't doing covid boosters either. They were doing flu jabs. Messaged us both to make appointments, which we did. Got the confirmation of the appointments. Then 48 hours later they cancelled, saying they didn't have any vaccine. ?

2 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Ours isn't doing covid boosters either. They were doing flu jabs. Messaged us both to make appointments, which we did. Got the confirmation of the appointments. Then 48 hours later they cancelled, saying they didn't have any vaccine. ?

Same here - though mine waited 6 weeks before telling me they didn't have vaccine (the day begfore my appointment!) - as I'm in the freebie category, I went straight on the Boots website and booked the following week - I was in and out of the Boots main shop in town in less than 10 minutes - including sitting for 5 mins after the injection to make sure I didn't have any reaction.

I'm still waiting for my doctor's surgery to contact me (as they promised to do) to re-arrange my appointment - at which point I can tell them I've already had the jab and their payment from the government went to Boots instead......

18 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Same experience here for my wife. Very efficient.

3 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

I had my 3rd Covid jab (booster) yesterday, along with my annual flu vaccine jab at the Babington hospital, Belper.  There was a queue of about 40 people in front of me, and I was told they were dealing up to 300 people per day in Belper. Very efficient in everything they did.

No negative effects whatsoever - headache, sore arms, nausea, etc.

Was that a walk in or had you booked? 

R number down to <1, cases falling week on week. We didn’t introduce any measures, no mandatory mask wearing, no stay or work from home mandates, no keep 2ms apart dictation, what is this sorcery how can this be ??????