Derby v Huddersfield match day thread.

Boycie

Wayne and his TEAM have gleaned 18 points out of the last 24. Remarkable indeed. 

Wayne told us that he was ready to become a manager.

He was RIGHT. 

His interviews are off the scale. So calm. Summary- 

We will be prepared and focused.

If we believe in ourselves, we believe that we can pick up the three points.

37 points in the bag and 45 points to play for.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to lie, I was a bit nervous when I saw how we were lining up, but it paid off.

Some really impressive performances tonight: Shinnie is getting better and better, Edmundson improved, Wisdom solid, but CKR - wow - absolutely blown away by the way this guy is playing at his age. Looks made for the Championship.

43 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Im not used to this, but im really enjoying our set pieces/corners, we look dangerous every time. Kudos to the coaching staff.

This.  Something I've clocked too.  You can see the panic in the oppositions eyes. A few have failed but I love the fact we're trying stuff and it's definitely keeping people guessing. 

19 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not going to lie, I was a bit nervous when I saw how we were lining up, but it paid off.

Some really impressive performances tonight: Shinnie is getting better and better, Edmundson improved, Wisdom solid, but CKR - wow - absolutely blown away by the way this guy is playing at his age. Looks made for the Championship.

It helps confidence when you win 6 out of the previous 8 games.

12 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Very interesting match stats....what does it reveal about Wazza’s tactical nouse?

F3B1BF94-4B14-4600-B0F4-5210D4B35069.jpeg

I think it’s been a similar story for Huddersfield all season.

Fairly certain the commentator said today they have the 2nd highest possession stat in the league behind Norwich...it’s Keogh and all his passing across the back! 

Full credit to Rooney for the tactics tonight, thought he was spot on. The biggest compliment I can give him tonight is for showing faith in players who are out of form and understanding that sometimes the best thing to do is give them minutes on the pitch with a job to do. Waghorn, Bird, Jozwiak, Knight all come out of that 10 foot higher because a bit of faith was shown in them at the right time. That’s smart man management. There’s nothing better for a players improvement than minutes on the pitch, look at wisdom who’s looking more settled and stronger with each game.

Finally, thought Holmes had the match we kind of expected after the weekend. He can produce something special but his consistency was always the problem. Keogh looks to have lost that it if agility that made him stand out for us, which was clear when Waghorn went through to be honest. Still he’s a better captain than that O’Brien lad, I know it doesn’t mean an awful lot, but I’d be annoyed if he was the captain ahead of me. 

Finally, no khaki trousers in the dugout please. Disgraceful taste by their manager. The less said on the crouching the better

Like many, I didn’t want Rooney as manager, but he’s the first manager in a very, very, very long time that looks to be able to successfully implement a plan B (or C). 2 games on the trot he’s mixed things up significantly and improved things. We’re in a dog fight and have a horrible pitch so patchy performances are alright right now, but his surprising tactical nous, and willingness to change things, is what gives me the most heart for the future. Plus he’s getting work rate out of people and taking an active role in the academy.

6 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

Like many, I didn’t want Rooney as manager, but he’s the first manager in a very, very, very long time that looks to be able to successfully implement a plan B (or C). 2 games on the trot he’s mixed things up significantly and improved things. We’re in a dog fight and have a horrible pitch so patchy performances are alright right now, but his surprising tactical nous, and willingness to change things, is what gives me the most heart for the future. Plus he’s getting work rate out of people and taking an active role in the academy.

Not surprising that Rooney has tactical nous to spare. His managers and playing career make him one of the most tactically informed people around, certainly for his age. Three minute cameo appearance in the last game please Wayne.

16 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Not surprising that Rooney has tactical nous to spare. His managers and playing career make him one of the most tactically informed people around, certainly for his age. Three minute cameo appearance in the last game please Wayne.

His rash, hotheadedness of the majority of his playing career didn’t imply he always engaged his brain very well, and many a product of a fergie team has gone on to be an average at best manager (Keane, Neville etc) despite the exposure to good tactics. So I’m pleasantly surprised.

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

This.  Something I've clocked too.  You can see the panic in the oppositions eyes. A few have failed but I love the fact we're trying stuff and it's definitely keeping people guessing. 

Makes a nice change, In previous seasons we're the ones panicking defending set pieces. 

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Full credit to Rooney for the tactics tonight, thought he was spot on. The biggest compliment I can give him tonight is for showing faith in players who are out of form and understanding that sometimes the best thing to do is give them minutes on the pitch with a job to do. Waghorn, Bird, Jozwiak, Knight all come out of that 10 foot higher because a bit of faith was shown in them at the right time. That’s smart man management. There’s nothing better for a players improvement than minutes on the pitch, look at wisdom who’s looking more settled and stronger with each game.

Love how Rooney sat down with Waghorn at the weekend and told him he wouldn't be starting the game but said be ready because your gonna come on and win it for us. Something Sir Alex used to do apparently. 

Fantastic win and great performance. Knight is going from strength to strength, and bird looked good tonight too. Another clean sheet too - it's becoming the norm for this side!

Rooney completely turning my opinion around on him being manager - the way he's brought the team together is awesome to see and as others have said we've got many tactical options now. We're a far cry from yesteryears of being found out and then struggling to get anything from games. I thought Bielik getting injured was going to be our downfall but i think Rooney has found a way round the loss. Really hoping he stays around for a long time to come.

7 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

The less said on the crouching the better

I know, it’s a bit look at me I used to work with Bielsa and he said I have to do something quirky ?

Archived