Derby v Huddersfield match day thread.

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Three rivals winning at the moment. Only Bum have lost but Florist doing us a favour while leading against Rotherham. Need to beat Florist but a draw would not be too damaging.

Would you believe Brum. Bottom line is it was a typo.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Vital win that, and a very good response after Friday night. After an ok but not great first half, I thought that was one of the best second halves we’ve had all season. Normally we fade away as the game goes on, but credit to Rooney, he made the changes at half time, switched the system, and we dominated the second 45 as a result. Quality management, and we throughly deserved the win we got.

Not sure 3 at the back quite suited us first half, we were struggling to retain possession and looked a bit shaky at the back. Much more solid in the second half in a more familiar system, and we were much better on the ball as well. Movement was a lot better as well, probably helped by the introduction of Jozwiak and Waghorn, which allowed us to create more chances from open play. The way we cut through them at times, even on the counter, was better than I’ve seen in a while. Just need to find a bit more cutting edge and we’d have scored even more. Decision making in the final third needs to improve, we will become much more of an attacking threat if it does.

Their confidence went down a bit. One win in ten for them now.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Solid easy victory. Huddersfield are such a soft touch, remind me of Derby early in the season. Even though 3 at the back didn’t work and they had a couple of chances, we were comfortable all game and second half didn’t give them a sniff. Sky commentator described it as the White wall!! Very true. 

Thought CKR was outstanding, Knight and Shinnie back towards their best (especially Shinnie), also mentions for all the defence, all excellent, Wisdom’s passing tonight was majestic and how good was Edmundson again, great goal and really unfortunate to be taken off.  

As for Rooney. He clearly has the Midas touch at the moment. Tactically very astute, proactive with his changes not afraid to make big decisions, tonight despite winning he saw it wasn’t working and took off 2 players who were having decent games. In terms of management tonight, it doesn’t get much better. 

And now he’s found out they hate being called notts Forest he’s deliberately saying whenever he gets chance.????

Beat the dogs on Friday - we can forget about any relegation worries. To be honest, seeing Huddersfield tonight and the teams below us, we’ve got more than enough 

Good post, but Gregory was not having a good game. I was disappointed as he didn't seem to press, letting CKR do the work and had little impact.

How old is Jason knight ? Playing with intelligence beyond his years. 

Delighted for Waggy. He is a rough diamond but the goal will lift his next performance. Despite the nay sayers he is a good player, great left foot, no softy. Gives 100% 

Great team effort and that is what Rooney has done more than anything else. Made a team .. COYR

I have spare axes (plural) in my shed ready for Friday ... come on lads let’s do it ?

Good result and pretty comfortable in the end.

Thought the team selection was strange for the 1st half, but as the game went on and players grew into it,we improved and were looking decent.

2nd half started with 2 changes and I thought it was a mistake to bring Waghorn on, I was really pleased to be proved wrong.

The pleasing thing for me was that this shows that we have more than just a plan A and Plan B.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They do seem to get more than most this year.  But to be fair I haven't seen every teams decision.  Red dog workmate has actively said they've had phenomenal pieces of luck this year though and he normally walks round with his own violin.

The Yates goal was offside ,

As I watched it I thought offside .

Linesman hopeless 

Archived