Premier Inn London Wembley Park hotel

Day

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sorry to disappoint you, @Rampage. My name is etched onto a chip on the Curiosity Rover and may well have been on various missions. I'm appalled you paid for this. It's always free, with the "for all mankind" ethos on which all space agencies are based.

Congratulations on your Curiosity and to me on my Perseverance. We can have a two a side up there, Carl. Runner up but still promoted to the nearest planet. I am also on the Bloodhound Speed record car if it ever makes it to the record.

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sorry to disappoint you, @Rampage. My name is etched onto a chip on the Curiosity Rover and may well have been on various missions. I'm appalled you paid for this. It's always free, with the "for all mankind" ethos on which all space agencies are based.

Rampage, first Rams fan on Mars who paid to get in, i.e. not a complimentary ticket entry. COYR

7 minutes ago, David said:

Bit of a detour that to save a few Bob ?

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Whilst I admire @Davids optimism, booking a Wembley hotel is such a waste!

The greatest city in the World, with all manner of attractions, and you ignore it all to stay in a stabby part of the outskirts, to save a few minutes tube or train ride?

For the QPR match us Uttoxeter lads met up at Harrow and Wealdstone Social Club.

And you think @David is a *********?

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

For the QPR match us Uttoxeter lads met up at Harrow and Wealdstone Social Club.

And you think @David is a *********?

Well of course you did. 

You country Stokies wouldn't feel comfortable in the big smoke, so met up with the Wealdstone warrior for a few cans at the social, before sharing a few oatcakes down Wembley way.

49 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Elon Musk has decided to spend half of his billions to build a colony on Mars. Pity that we cannot get him to buy the Rams. We could be one of the founder members of the Martian Premier League. I really do think that Wayne will get us automatic promotion.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Well of course you did. 

You country Stokies wouldn't feel comfortable in the big smoke, so met up with the Wealdstone warrior for a few cans at the social, before sharing a few oatcakes down Wembley way.

The Stoke Rams will hunt you down and smother you with barely cooked cheesy oatcakes.

32 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Congratulations on your Curiosity and to me on my Perseverance. We can have a two a side up there, Carl. Runner up but still promoted to the nearest planet. I am also on the Bloodhound Speed record car if it ever makes it to the record.

Congrats to you indeed! Very pleased to hear it. I just checked and I'm also on the Insight Lander (and the Kepler Space telescope) but I think I missed Perseverance.

I often think that Humanity will have arrived as a multiplanetary species when the "World Cup" becomes the "Worlds Cup" and teams from Earth travel to Mars when the red planet hosts it for the first time. If we think playing at altitude gives Ecuador and Bolivia an advantage in qualifying matches, imagine how much of an advantage it would be to play in one-third gravity if you're used to it and your opponents aren't?

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

Whilst I admire @Davids optimism, booking a Wembley hotel is such a waste!

The greatest city in the World, with all manner of attractions, and you ignore it all to stay in a stabby part of the outskirts, to save a few minutes tube or train ride?

Greatest city in the world? They don’t even have mushy peas down there. 

They should have put the national stadium in the middle of the country so we could have avoided the place all together 

8 hours ago, David said:

They should have put the national stadium in the middle of the country so we could have avoided the place all together 

Could never understand why they chose to build over that tiny space instead of moving the stadium to somewhere with good road and rail networks and room to actually park at the ground.

London-centric behaviour at its worst.

8 hours ago, David said:

Totally agree - even the mushy peas bit. That stadium should have been built somewhere like Coventry to be decently accessible for the whole country not just people who live around London - Wembley is such a dreadful place to get to and away from.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Totally agree - even the mushy peas bit. That stadium should have been built somewhere like Coventry to be decently accessible for the whole country not just people who live around London - Wembley is such a dreadful place to get to and away from.

Surely Birmingham?
Direct train links to all corners of the country, with numerous stations to handle the capacity.
Good motorway links to each corner.
Large airport on the doorstep.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Surely Birmingham?
Direct train links to all corners of the country, with numerous stations to handle the capacity.
Good motorway links to each corner.
Large airport on the doorstep.

Since when did our rulers let a good idea get in the way of spending all the infrastructure budget in London?

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Congrats to you indeed! Very pleased to hear it. I just checked and I'm also on the Insight Lander (and the Kepler Space telescope) but I think I missed Perseverance.

I often think that Humanity will have arrived as a multiplanetary species when the "World Cup" becomes the "Worlds Cup" and teams from Earth travel to Mars when the red planet hosts it for the first time. If we think playing at altitude gives Ecuador and Bolivia an advantage in qualifying matches, imagine how much of an advantage it would be to play in one-third gravity if you're used to it and your opponents aren't?

Great choices Carl. I watch everything that I can on space exploration but it is quantum physics that really blows my mind. I always enjoy your posts. 

Archived