Manager Sack Race

Day

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ashley will be happy as long as they finish at least 17th. 7 point clear of Fulham as things stand so I think he'll get at least until the summer

Not so sure - Fulham have a game in hand, play Burnley, Palace and the Blades in their next 3 fixtures and are playing much better than earlier in the season. Newcastle will be without Wilson for quite a while.

7 hours ago, BIllyD said:

I reckon Klopp must be close as well...it's becoming clearer each week he only topped the division because the pandemic disrupted the season. 7 years, no normal titles and struggling for a European place ?

I mean, they were 25 points clear of Man City when the season was halted, with Man City only having 33 points to play for

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I mean, they were 25 points clear of Man City when the season was halted, with Man City only having 33 points to play for

Don't give titles after 30 games and they had already proven is previous years they could throw a title away when under pressure.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I assumed you were joking until I saw your reply to @Ghost of Clough.

Insanity.

Sacking him ? I think this is one of the worst title defences ever, Raneri produced a miracle and was sacked the following season I believe ?

7 years and hundreds of millions spent on a team struggling to get into Europe ?

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Sacking him ? I think this is one of the worst title defences ever, Raneri produced a miracle and was sacked the following season I believe ?

7 years and hundreds of millions spent on a team struggling to get into Europe ?

Currently 2 points off a Champions League place and 6 points off 2nd spot.

Van Dijk and Gomez have been massive misses for them and compounded by Matip being out for the season.

Jota, Keith and Ox have missed most of the season too.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Van Dijk and Gomez have been massive misses for them and compounded by Matip being out for the season.

Not to mention the fact that managers shouldn't be sacked merely as punishment for poor performance. They should only be sacked if there's someone realistic out there that would do a better job.

Klopp is quite clearly one of the best, if not the best, managers in the world.

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

476m spent under Klopp and your struggling to compete with a David Moyes team...just let that sink in ?

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not to mention the fact that managers shouldn't be sacked merely as punishment for poor performance. They should only be sacked if there's someone realistic out there that would do a better job.

Klopp is quite clearly one of the best, if not the best, managers in the world.

Who is sitting 6th in the PL, 13 points behind the leaders, having been at the club 7 years and only won one dubious title. If that makes him one of the best then what does that make these managers who have won multiple PL titles....

11 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Who is sitting 6th in the PL, 13 points behind the leaders, having been at the club 7 years and only won one dubious title. If that makes him one of the best then what does that make these managers who have won multiple PL titles....

@David, it’s time to ban @MuespachRam for having multiple accounts.

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Not sure where you get 7 seasons from. He joined part way through the 15/16 season, so only 5.5 years (4 complete seasons)

£476m spent on players, but that's only £110m net spend. That puts them 13th lowest spenders out of current PL teams over the same period. Lower than Sheffield United, almost half the spend of Brighton, and only 20% of the spend of Man City. Even Leeds are only £30m behind.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not sure where you get 7 seasons from. He joined part way through the 15/16 season, so only 5.5 years (4 complete seasons)

£476m spent on players, but that's only £110m net spend. That puts them 13th lowest spenders out of current PL teams over the same period. Lower than Sheffield United, almost half the spend of Brighton, and only 20% of the spend of Man City. Even Leeds are only £30m behind.

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/jurgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html

Probably less money than Mel's lost on us during the same period.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Premier League Football GIF by Liverpool FC

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Net spend ? The academy generates millions every year for him, countino over 100m, he has spent 400m, give me that much and I reckon I could put a team together from scratch that challenges for the PL. 

It's the players he has in his squad now...Mane 30m, Salah 45m, Van Dyke, Keira, Alison just around 200m for the three. Of course other teams will have a bigger spend, if Derby went up next season and wanted to challenge for the title, it would cost them several hundred million because of their starting point.

Ok 5 seasons, 8,4,4,2 and we shall give him a title just to make the numbers up and then back to 13 points behind the current leaders. So in 6 seasons, one win, that's it. Let's compare that to say Pep, 2 already, another one almost in the bag. I suppose it depends how long liverpool are prepared to wait for another title, one in 6 may be ok for them I suppose ?‍♂️

Archived