Incommmming!

Day

7 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

If we sign a winger, you’d have them, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Sibley, Ibe (fingers crossed) and even JML who can all play there.

Getting a fee for Waghorn would be ideal, if he’s not trusted to play up top on his own then he’s really not much of an asset for us. Simply don’t rate him as a winger any more and he’s dropped off this season.

Ultimatly, a player who needs a fresh start. Kind of just not cut it in Rooney's brave new world, no confidence or form this season. Watch hom go to Cardiff and get ten before the seaosn ends.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where to put this observation, but I guess it has a home here.

Rooney said today that he likes Evans and Whittaker "as players and people," whereas he only seemed to like Holmes "as a person." 

He also said that Gregory and Edmundson are "his players" - good players, but he adds "more importantly, they're good characters."

He's brutally honest, isn't he? Absolutely ruthless distinction for the players he liked as a team-mate but has little time for as a manager. 

I find it even more interesting that he elevates character so highly in what he's looking for in new players. He explicitly said it's more important than their natural ability. Perhaps this relentless focus on character and application might sacrifice some technical ability, but you can already see what it's doing to us on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

The dirty ducks at Man City have Kwadwo Baah sorted. I did mention through my Rochdale contact (my manager) that he is sublime. Must have been tough for him.... could have been us or Etihad. Ah well in other news 

I put him in the suggestions about 10 times really wanted him here , reported that he cost way less than half a mill too ??

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Rooney said today that he likes Evans and Whittaker "as players and people," whereas he only seemed to like Holmes "as a person." 

He also said that Gregory and Edmundson are "his players" - good players, but he adds "more importantly, they're good characters."

He's brutally honest, isn't he? Absolutely ruthless distinction for the players he liked as a team-mate but has little time for as a manager. 

I find it even more interesting that he elevates character so highly in what he's looking for in new players. He explicitly said it's more important than their natural ability. Perhaps this relentless focus on character and application might sacrifice some technical ability, but you can already see what it's doing to us on the pitch.

Spent years under Fergie who was as ruthless a manager as you’ll get and look at the success he had. Rooney had the world at his feet aged 16 and still put the work in to become one of the best strikers in Prem history, he won’t accept anything less than 100% and I do think he’ll also succeed as a manager. 

All personal and work relationships are built on the pillars of openness, trust, honesty and mutual understanding. 

These seem to form the fundamental basis of how Rooney deals with the people around him.

'Deal with people as you yourself would want and expect to be dealt with' seems to be the rule he applies.

I am sure this has been learnt from family, friends and throughout sporting mentors.

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

All personal and work relationships are built on the pillars of openness, trust, honesty and mutual understanding. 

These seem to form the fundamental basis of how Rooney deals with the people around him.

'Deal with people as you yourself would want and expect to be dealt with' seems to be the rule he applies.

I am sure this has been learnt from family, friends and throughout sporting mentors.

.............I wonder if Mrs Rooney agrees with you, here's hoping WR's latest rules apply.

28 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I could have played a full first half of football, whilst waiting for Sky TV and enjoyed my half time slice of orange.

Nearly 1 hour now since they mentioned Wayne Rooney coming up!

I heard from a reliable source who is itk, that Sky are just doing it to wind you up.

Go and have a nap, you've taken one for the team and deserve it.

22 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Remind anyone of a certain manager we once had and squandered who went on to glory in Europe that could have been us ?

14 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Spent years under Fergie who was as ruthless a manager as you’ll get and look at the success he had. Rooney had the world at his feet aged 16 and still put the work in to become one of the best strikers in Prem history, he won’t accept anything less than 100% and I do think he’ll also succeed as a manager. 

It's also easy to forget, a lot of the time he was at Man U, they probably had players as technically gifted as Rooney or even more so (and Rooney is a very talented footballer) but Rooney gave it everything to be the best he could be and he's probably seen those players who have it, but haven't given everyhting they could have.

However, it worked out for Wayne in the end as he got to play for Derby County and he even tried quite hard before the lockdown.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I heard from a reliable source who is itk, that Sky are just doing it to wind you up.

Go and have a nap, you've taken one for the team and deserve it.

No I've opted to play football around the house whilst it's on, only about 15 mins of the second half left, I've just volleyed the ball (a pair of socks) off the telly! I can see you are tempted to replace me, subbing me off, but no I'm staying on, I can see extra time, a replay and a potential penalty shoot out coming up, at the very least before Sky TV show Wayne Rooney discussing the Man Utd guy he wats to sign as promised at 4pm..............Coming Up.........yeah right!

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Coming on Sky shortly, who Wayne Rooney is trying to buy from Man Utd etc.

Probably been on already on the loop, but I've just put it on. 7:06 mins to go.

I put the 7:06 to represent 7hrs and 6mins left until 11pm Transfer Window ends, but it's looking more likely the time it will take before they show "who Wayne Rooney is trying to buy from Man Utd etc"

Plus I've now heard for only the 25th time that Ben Davies is going to Liverpool and seen Graham Potter the Brighton Coach rub his nose only 6 times.

Archived