Most annoying thing....lack of information?

Chester40

Feel free to merge, just having a moan really (or create a poll if someone has the inclination). 

Just wondering what is most annoying/worrying at the moment to people. 

For me it's definitely the lack of information. I would accept most things if we were told.. Even if its to know the deal is dead, what happened and what next. 

Lack of signings is a worry too...deadline day is approaching and we are woefully short up front. 

I'm sure the continual moaning and impatience of fellow fans is the main irritation of some. 

Maybe it's the fact you feel cheated that the idea of a mega bucks Sheik seems to have been a pipedream? 

Or the fact we look to be in a bit of a financial mess? Or we have a poor reputation amongst other clubs for financial chicanery? Or that we have seemingly sacked /appointed managers in partnership with someone who has invested no cash? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the fans were presented with the option of getting the club back on a financially sound footing by selling knight, sibley and bielik at the end of the season (obviously based on staying up this year) and only a small percentage of their fees made available for transfers and incoming wages capped at a maximum of 15k for all squad members, would anyone take that option?

52 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Feel free to merge, just having a moan really (or create a poll if someone has the inclination). 

For me it's definitely the lack of information. I would accept most things if we were told.. Even if its to know the deal is dead, what happened and what next. 

Lack of signings is a worry too...deadline day is approaching and we are woefully short up front. 

I'm sure the continual moaning and impatience of fellow fans is the main irritation of some. 

Maybe it's the fact you feel cheated that the idea of a mega bucks Sheik seems to have been a pipedream? 

Or the fact we look to be in a bit of a financial mess? Or we have a poor reputation amongst other clubs for financial chicanery? Or that we have seemingly sacked /appointed managers in partnership with someone who has invested no cash? 

Biggest frustration for me is: It’s becoming harder and harder to reach and remain in the PL if you don’t have a mega wealthy owner. I thought this could be our chance to join the top table. And it seems it’s slipping away. A league of gentlemen affair is unlikely to get us there  

Im also frustrated by the incessant attacks on the club for not providing more information (!). They are in a very difficult spot and the likelihood is anything they can say will cause confusion, even damage  

Not being allowed in the ground. 

Don't care if we dont get taken over. 

Dont care if we make no signings. 

Dont care if we get docked points and relegated and the next time I see us is in League One.

I do miss Saturday morning in the pub playing darts and cards with a few beers, followed by the match and then a walk into town afterwards to top up on beers.

If the last year has taught me anything, it is that football isnt really that important!

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Covid19

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Oh yes he doesn’t 

anyone missed panto  season

that's because it's January so its behind you...I'll get my coat.

1 hour ago, KBB said:

If the fans were presented with the option of getting the club back on a financially sound footing by selling knight, sibley and bielik at the end of the season (obviously based on staying up this year) and only a small percentage of their fees made available for transfers and incoming wages capped at a maximum of 15k for all squad members, would anyone take that option?

Noone would like it. But if it was clearly and transparently communicated and it was done in a genuinely good way and it protects the club and allows for some visible and steady rebuilding I think fair portion would reluctantly accept it. However, those who didn't would likely shout very loud.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I don't feel cheated as that impossible if you never were actually guaranteed something in the first place but that's just my impression.

We could very well be bound by NDA restrictions regards the takeover so again am trying to be quite pragmatic about the current situation.

I tried to post earlier an article from the BBC website regards the total lack of transfer signings this window so far with quotes from Les Ferdinand at QPR to add some context but it was removed for some reason but that's another story.

We'll reap what we sow ultimately which is something I'm now personally resigned to.

Archived