New Manager

dantheram

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting take and one I’d agree with.

Rafa is an utterly delusional idea unless you can

a) find a way around FFP 

b) find a way to finance his spending within FFP

c) convince him to join the team bottom of the Champ

Your idea of third party contract ownership is certainly the type of creative accounting we’d have to come up with. We’d then have to find another loophole to fund his signings, he spent £50 million last time he’s was in the championship. Maybe naming rights and other sponsorships. After that I’m struggling for ideas.

That’s before the fact that I think their ownership Model is going to be more Sheff Utd than Man City, much to the disappointment of some of our more emotionally volatile fans

Rafa it is then.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting take and one I’d agree with.

Rafa is an utterly delusional idea unless you can

a) find a way around FFP 

b) find a way to finance his spending within FFP

c) convince him to join the team bottom of the Champ

Your idea of third party contract ownership is certainly the type of creative accounting we’d have to come up with. We’d then have to find another loophole to fund his signings, he spent £50 million last time he’s was in the championship. Maybe naming rights and other sponsorships. After that I’m struggling for ideas.

That’s before the fact that I think their ownership Model is going to be more Sheff Utd than Man City, much to the disappointment of some of our more emotionally volatile fans

After selling over £80m worth of talent.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

After selling over £80m worth of talent.

Indeed he did sell £80m worth.

Im not sure we have players that can be sold for similar figures!

Hence why there will need to be loopholes found to allow him to spend. He’d never come here if he had to work on a similar budget to Cocu!

59 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Does that the fact that I can't prove to you that there isn't a God therefore mean that there is one?

49 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If one believes that God exists, until you provide hard proof to the contrary then of course God exists.

No idea why we are discussing religion, must dash as my boss has just caught me on the works laptop and she will crucify me if she knows I'm chatting football.

I believe in Santa

49 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If one believes that God exists, until you provide hard proof to the contrary then of course God exists.

No idea why we are discussing religion, must dash as my boss has just caught me on the works laptop and she will crucify me if she knows I'm chatting football.

I believe I've got £10m in the bank so if I don't check to see if it's there then I really do have £10m in the bank...? Hmm.... not sure about that one.

7 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

I believe I've got £10m in the bank so if I don't check to see if it's there then I really do have £10m in the bank...? Hmm.... not sure about that one.

I have been left some gold by my grandfather in Nigeria, if you would like to be cut in on the profit you only need baccs money to me to pay the export duty

In the current financial climate many clubs are operating in, If Derby or any other club make it known they want to spend a shed load of money but can't because off FFP. It could put pressure on the EFL to change rules.

Say for instance Derby make it known they want to spend 7 million on a player from Lincoln, 5 million on player from Scunthorpe and 8 million on a player from Plymouth but can't because of FFP. I'm sure those 3 clubs would get very annoyed with the EFL as that type of money could keep clubs like that alive during and after Covid 19.

Maybe this amount of money may lead to a (temporary) change of FFP allowing unlimited amount of transfers with in the EFL divisions as it would be hard for the league to turn down the possibility of 40-50 million pounds being made available in transfer money during these times.

It wont make Derby popular with most fans but stuff them.

30 minutes ago, Maxwell Baxter said:

In the current financial climate many clubs are operating in, If Derby or any other club make it known they want to spend a shed load of money but can't because off FFP. It could put pressure on the EFL to change rules.

Say for instance Derby make it known they want to spend 7 million on a player from Lincoln, 5 million on player from Scunthorpe and 8 million on a player from Plymouth but can't because of FFP. I'm sure those 3 clubs would get very annoyed with the EFL as that type of money could keep clubs like that alive during and after Covid 19.

Maybe this amount of money may lead to a (temporary) change of FFP allowing unlimited amount of transfers with in the EFL divisions as it would be hard for the league to turn down the possibility of 40-50 million pounds being made available in transfer money during these times.

It wont make Derby popular with most fans but stuff them.

Good thinking 

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Thing is, you could prove you dont have 10m in the bank just by checking, but can you actually prove there isnt a God?

That's not what you said. You said:

"If one believes that God exists, until you provide hard proof to the contrary then of course God exists."

That's my point, if I believe I have £10m I don't prove it (by not checking) then that means it's real? Naaaah - does not compute.

Schrodinger's cat...

8 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

That's not what you said. You said:

"If one believes that God exists, until you provide hard proof to the contrary then of course God exists."

That's my point, if I believe I have £10m I don't prove it (by not checking) then that means it's real? Naaaah - does not compute.

Schrodinger's cat...

There’s a few in the corona thread that work on the same premise?

Archived