New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

With all due respect Mostyn you are talking poppycock -  as someone who works in the betting industry I can confidently tell you that it takes very little money to shift a market like that and particularly at this early stage.

Once someone sees a price crash they think someone has inside information and then more people pile on etc etc.

Darren Moore anyone? odds on to be next Derby Manager not many appointments ago!

At this stage those markets are only just starting to form  and mean very little beyond speculation and whispers in the press etc.

I Stuck a £50 on him at 6/1 yesterday, that was probably enough to shove the price up not down.?

36 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Benitez is on 12 million a year after tax in China ain’t he? I don’t think he’ll be moving anytime soon 

Not saying he is coming to Oakwood, but funnily he could be looking for a move from his mega bucks job.

I know it's only paper talk however it is the local Geordie rag so they will obviously have the right contacts.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-newcastle-liverpool-dalian-19066643

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Who said he's even choosing? The tweet doesn't say that at all. 

Even if he was he makes a good choice usually. McClaren both times was good, Rowett got us into the playoffs, Lampard was entertaining and got us into the playoffs, Clement was sacked with us in 5th place and even Cocu did alright in his first season here. I would say Pearson has been the only real mistake from a management perspective (I know some people will argue we should have stuck with managers that played the same style)

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Benitez is on 12 million a year after tax in China ain’t he? I don’t think he’ll be moving anytime soon 

"No, no really I've got enough money, thanks. I'll do it for nothing. Tell you what give a contribution to the local food Bank."

Rafa is a big fan of Rick Astley ?

Just me who thought this statement was a bit...odd?

Not known the club put out a statement of sorts to declare the hunt for a new manager is underway before...

...almost feels like, and maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but a bit of build up to something exciting? I don't know. Maybe not.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Not known the club put out a statement of sorts to declare the hunt for a new manager is underway before...

...almost feels like, and maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but a bit of build up to something exciting? I don't know. Maybe not.

I think it's odd, the new owners would have been in discussions regarding Cocu and the next steps regarding the future manager would have been discussed at the same time. It's strange that this wasnt on the original statement last night and instead released this evening as a standalone statement.

40 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Even if he was he makes a good choice usually. McClaren both times was good, Rowett got us into the playoffs, Lampard was entertaining and got us into the playoffs, Clement was sacked with us in 5th place and even Cocu did alright in his first season here. I would say Pearson has been the only real mistake from a management perspective (I know some people will argue we should have stuck with managers that played the same style)

I’m sorry but if he’s made good choices, why are we still in the championship add to that bottom of it now.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It is strange, pretty sure we all knew we’d be now looking for a manager seen as we’d just let one go

Just now, big bad ram said:

I think it's odd, the new owners would have been in discussions regarding Cocu and the next steps regarding the future manager would have been discussed at the same time. It's strange that this wasnt on the original statement last night and instead released this evening as a standalone statement.

They've gone from being new owners to investors. Sounds like they just want a shareholding

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Or maybe it's just saying "don't panic, it won't be Rooney & Gregory; we're taking it more seriously than that".

Or maybe it's saying "the takeover won't happen before we appoint Rooney & Gregory but the new owner is ok with the decision".

Archived