Who changed it and bought Holmes & Richards on?!

RoyMac5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Taking Buchanan off ?‍♂️

No wonder the guy just strolled down that side of the pitch and curled one in.

Plus Buchanan is our best crosser of the ball.

Who is he crossing to?

I thought Buchanan was poor tonight but I wouldn’t have lost the shape.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What did Holmes do? Laugh at that.

Rooney looked (as you would expect) good as the hoild-up striker and then it got changed for who knows what reason.

Holmes has been dreadful all season, you seem to think that because i haven't changed my profile pic I must think the sun shines out his arse 

Rooney was woeful all game, in all positions. He showed he's the problem at the club at the minute.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

We came out second half and started to look dangerous. Rooney up front started to link up play - could have been a wardrobe ? - and then someone bought on Richards and Holmes and it all went to hell in a handcart! WTF was that about? Any pattern of play disappeared and we went down in disarray. ducking awful decision.

It must have been Rosenior as Rooney was on the pitch. WTF was he thinking? Rooney and Sibley were starting to make a difference and he sends Holmes on with three fingers in the air??? WTF was that. And Richards managed to make Waghorn look reasonable. 

We need ONE manager now. And its not Rosenior.

Hoping it wasn’t Mac

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Whilst I agree the change in shape was ridiculous I thought CKR held the ball up more in that cameo than Waghorn did all 1st half.

How Rooney even came back out at half time was a joke. 

He only had to hold the ball up once to do it more than Waghorn though. 

Yes he held the ball up a few times, but he offered nothing else at all. Made no runs in behind, every pass he made was backwards, and he really slowed the play down when we needed to speed it up. 

9 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

He only had to hold the ball up once to do it more than Waghorn though. 

Yes he held the ball up a few times, but he offered nothing else at all. Made no runs in behind, every pass he made was backwards, and he really slowed the play down when we needed to speed it up. 

I can't understand why we didn't see JHL (completely dropped for Richards?) or Stretton. It really does bring into question why Colin was signed.

14 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Taking Buchanan off ?‍♂️

No wonder the guy just strolled down that side of the pitch and curled one in.

Plus Buchanan is our best crosser of the ball.

He was starting to be turned inside out, he needed support and we needed top bolster that side of the defence not abandon it.  Colin must have fell off his chair laughing when he saw what we did

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

He was starting to be turned inside out, he needed support and we needed top bolster that side of the defence not abandon it.  Colin must have fell off his chair laughing when he saw what we did

Yeah. That's what was so farcical. "Buchanan is struggling, let's take him off" - not get someone from midfield to support him but to take him off and then have Bird wander over there every now and then, so not even put someone else in to cover the left side of the defence.

If that's the tactical nous being shown by the committee, the sooner it has gone the better.

25 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah. That's what was so farcical. "Buchanan is struggling, let's take him off" - not get someone from midfield to support him but to take him off and then have Bird wander over there every now and then, so not even put someone else in to cover the left side of the defence.

If that's the tactical nous being shown by the committee, the sooner it has gone the better.

It's why I couldn't understand why Forsyth wasn't on the bench. At least we would have had an option if Buchanan had to come off for whatever reason. We had Davies AND Evans on the bench. Why did we need 2 CBs? The logically choice (if changing shape) would be to bring Davies on and shuffle Clarke across to help Buchanan out. It was suicidal putting Bird CB with Lawrence/Whittaker at LWB.

Archived