"We must pick ourselves up and go again"

Cam the Ram

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Swear to duck if I see any more disingenuous comments like this tonight I’m going to smash my phone up. None of them mean a word they’re saying, or they’d put more in out there on the pitch! They don’t give a flying duck 

Its true. They are sent out to do the post match interviews with the main thing to be protect each other from criticism. 

And hate to say it but with the money in football now, apart from pride there's no incentives anymore. Disingenous words then back to cushy mansions, fast cars and way less worries than the average person. It's ruined. 

Just now, goldstar said:

Its true. They are sent out to do the post match interviews with the main thing to be protect each other from criticism. 

And hate to say it but with the money in football now, apart from pride there's no incentives anymore. Disingenous words then back to cushy mansions, fast cars and way less worries than the average person. It's ruined. 

Plenty of decent footballers out there who still try though to be fair. We’ve got a few young lads who certainly care. It’s a shame the likes of Rooney, Lawrence etc don’t.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Plenty of decent footballers out there who still try though to be fair. We’ve got a few young lads who certainly care. It’s a shame the likes of Rooney, Lawrence etc don’t.

Thats why i said 'apart from pride'. There are indeed players like that like Knight and Sibley, the good old Eustace. But i do think there's more that don't. However, I'm not blaming that for the losses recently, yet it certainly doesn't help. 

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This club absolutely reeks of the first season of Sunderland Till I Die.

I've been saying it. @MACKWORTHRAM has been saying it. Others have been saying it:

WE ARE NOT TOO BIG TO GO DOWN.

Sunderland, Ipswich, Hull...

This club needs new leadership, across the whole club, as soon as possible. 

Bigger and better clubs than us have dropped out of this league.

Better squads have too.

We're 6 points adrift. 10 points off 15th.

We are going down..

We haven't got time for inexperience, we haven't got time for a committee of managers, we haven't got time to stick a player manager in midfield to perform like that. 

These players are a disgrace. To a man. They all want to have a long hard look at themselves.

If Morris and the new owners can agree on McClaren. 

Then they can agree a new manager.

I'd be on the phone to Allardyce now asking him to come and save us. 

They need to appoint a manager by Saturday or McClaren needs to take over until the takeover is complete.

This is not the time for playing football the “right way”, it’s not the time to rely on all the youth to pull us out of this. It isn’t the time to be thinking about the best way to further the managerial ambitions of Rooney and Rosenior. We have to win games any which way possible or we are going down, plain and simple.

Survival is the only objective. Everything else is not important. If Mike Bassett was available and you thought he was the right man you give him the job and you play 4-4-ducking 2 because we don’t have a decent number 9.

We don’t win the next 2 games, we’re down.

44 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This club absolutely reeks of the first season of Sunderland Till I Die.

I've been saying it. @MACKWORTHRAM has been saying it. Others have been saying it:

WE ARE NOT TOO BIG TO GO DOWN.

Sunderland, Ipswich, Hull...

This club needs new leadership, across the whole club, as soon as possible. 

I don't know anyone who thinks we are too big to go down so I'm not sure what the point you're making is. Are you somehow trying to blame the fans or us lot on here?

My generation saw us get relegated 4 years after we were the best team in England so I don't think you'll get that attitude from the older lads.

The younger lads have hardly seen wall to wall success so I don't believe many of them think we're too big to go down either.

I get the last sentence of your post, just struggling to understand what you mean by the rest of it.

?

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I don't know anyone who thinks we are too big to go down so I'm not sure what the point you're making is. Are you somehow trying to blame the fans or us lot on here?

My generation saw us get relegated 4 years after we were the best team in England so I don't think you'll get that attitude from the older lads.

The younger lads have hardly seen wall to wall success so I don't believe many of them think we're too big to go down either.

I get the last sentence of your post, just struggling to understand what you mean by the rest of it.

?

Blame the fans? I'm not sure how you've got that impression at all. It's not what I'm doing at all. We're arguably the only people who aren't to blame for the current situation. 

However, I have seen a lot of people this season, both on here and on Twitter, saying that we have too good a playing squad to go down, or using examples of the other clubs around us (Wycombe, Coventry for example) as reasons why we won't go down. That's what I'm referring to when I saw "too big to go down." It's an ignorance that I think is dangerous.

I appreciate that you've seen the team go through hard times as you are clearly a lot older than me and have done your time as a fan! I totally respect that. I was lucky enough that my first season as a "proper" fan, going to games on a really regular basis, was the Billy Davies promotion season. My frame for reference as a fan is different to yours.

I think you probably do understand what I mean by my post, and that maybe you just don't agree with it. Which is fine. Again, we clearly have different frames of reference here. I stand by what I said, though: we shouldn't allow ourselves to think that, because of our playing squad or the size of the other teams around us, that we are going to be alright in the end. If we carry on as we are, we won't be. 

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Blame the fans? I'm not sure how you've got that impression at all. It's not what I'm doing at all. We're arguably the only people who aren't to blame for the current situation. 

However, I have seen a lot of people this season, both on here and on Twitter, saying that we have too good a playing squad to go down, or using examples of the other clubs around us (Wycombe, Coventry for example) as reasons why we won't go down. That's what I'm referring to when I saw "too big to go down." It's an ignorance that I think is dangerous.

I appreciate that you've seen the team go through hard times as you are clearly a lot older than me and have done your time as a fan! I totally respect that. I was lucky enough that my first season as a "proper" fan, going to games on a really regular basis, was the Billy Davies promotion season. My frame for reference as a fan is different to yours.

I think you probably do understand what I mean by my post, and that maybe you just don't agree with it. Which is fine. Again, we clearly have different frames of reference here. I stand by what I said, though: we shouldn't allow ourselves to think that, because of our playing squad or the size of the other teams around us, that we are going to be alright in the end. If we carry on as we are, we won't be. 

I get what your saying but still don't understand why, if some fans think we're too big to go down, its dangerous!

Its not dangerous, it makes no difference what fans think. We're not there to make our points felt at games so its all down to the coaches and players to get us out of this.

I'm as pished off as the rest of you, I spent my shift at work giving it to Stokies and the tame forest gump cos they lost the previous night in the full knowledge that we'd turn it around against Boro....so my day tomorrow won't be good!

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm as pished off as the rest of you, I spent my shift at work giving it to Stokies and the tame forest gump cos they lost the previous night in the full knowledge that we'd turn it around against Boro....so my day tomorrow won't be good!

I feel your pain, originally from the same place as you and now living in Stoke on Trent area, it galls me to see them doing so much better than us....To make it worse, my wife and all my family are Stoke fans.....depressing times ?.

Archived