Cocu and the aftermath

Dinnitdough

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Dinnitdough said:

We sold Lowe and Bogle amongst others, we would have had money for a decent forward... I mean we added players to the roster, a forward should have been one of them.

The Lowe and Bogle money paid for Jozwiak and kept the club ticking over.

Who else did we sell?

50 minutes ago, Dinnitdough said:

It’s chiefly his fault that we have no attacking power... He kept Waggie and got rid of Martin and Marriott... And gave us nothing...

Did he? Because as I see it, he has been screwed over big time, we have no money, we balanced the books by getting rid of them

Cocu should have walked in the summer and kept his reputation. 

Every player we brought in has been a freebie

1 hour ago, Dinnitdough said:

It’s chiefly his fault that we have no attacking power... He kept Waggie and got rid of Martin and Marriott... And gave us nothing...

...and you've just announced your ignorance. Cocu wasn't in charge of recruitment. Simple as that so you're unfairly assigning blame there

He asked for a target man, he made a comment early in the season that Dursan was nearly done, our recruitment team let that fall through and decided CKR was apparently a decent alternative... Cocu was shafted by that decision so it's remarkably unfair to use it as a stick to beat him with

1 hour ago, Dinnitdough said:

We sold Lowe and Bogle amongst others, we would have had money for a decent forward... I mean we added players to the roster, a forward should have been one of them.

Absolutely. Our total lack of common sense leadership has got us here. Hardly rocket science. We had umpteen months to sort it but the crowd of coaches failed to do what amateur coaches would’ve done ...replacement centre forward. How long is it now since we scored? 

28 minutes ago, Ash_SJ said:

Did he? Because as I see it, he has been screwed over big time, we have no money, we balanced the books by getting rid of them

Cocu should have walked in the summer and kept his reputation. 

Every player we brought in has been a freebie

We bought Jozwiak for a solid amount, it should have been a forward.... we had enough midfielders in the roster.

2 minutes ago, Dinnitdough said:

We bought Jozwiak for a solid amount, it should have been a forward.... we had enough midfielders in the roster.

He would have provided a list, he fully expected to get a centre forward, I doubt very much he was given an option of either.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Not his fault we put a committee of utter clowns in charge when we sacked him. But yeah, should have sacked him earlier in hindsight. Sack him after the Blackburn game and we can probably still attract a decent manager. We’re ducked now.

Precisely. He had to go earlier before we showed our hand. You’d essential have to bribe someone to come here now, it’s too high risk. 

the problem is systemic, it’s not like we’re leaky, losing 3-2, 4-2 etc, we cannot score and look absolutely second rate. The one plus point is the youngsters but they cannot be expected to drag this out the fire. 

I was behind Cocu but anybody trying to justify that we shouldn’t have sacked him because of the shower we have seen tonight is wrong IMO. Cocu has gone, we’ve got it wrong on every level since he has gone. What happens from tomorrow will define this club. We’ve got to get rid of Rooney and Rosenior immediately and hand it over to McClaren, no If’s no but”s.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

...and you've just announced your ignorance. Cocu wasn't in charge of recruitment. Simple as that so you're unfairly assigning blame there

He asked for a target man, he made a comment early in the season that Dursan was nearly done, our recruitment team let that fall through and decided CKR was apparently a decent alternative... Cocu was shafted by that decision so it's remarkably unfair to use it as a stick to beat him with

Yeah Cocu choosing to play Waghorn as lone forward worked out great, but I guess he wasnt in charge of that.

Or insisting on keeping C Martin or Marriott until we got other options, but I guess he wasnt in charge of that either.

Formation, recruitment, motivation, he was the manager and he utterly failed.

Archived