Fans allowed back after Dec 2nd

Curtains

When we started having members back to games I believe it was 2500 max and only 1 stand open. The numbers gradually increased till a month ago it was 75% capacity and last Wednesday it was 100% for the State of Origin match. Little steps and patience my friends. On another topic I see Qantas announced yesterday that international flights will only be for passengers who have had the COVID vaccine. I wonder if that will become mandatory for large crowd gatherings as well.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a start, but not a very good one. 

This will probably cost the club more than it would with no fans, by time you add stewards, police, medical personnel.

No food or drinks on sale, no singing either so it will be like playing at the Etihad in the League Cup, no atmosphere advantage to be had by the home team.

But fans will expect to be let in, you can have a fan say in London that has never missed a home or away game for years, will miss out for being in a different tier. 

Not the clubs fault, but then you will have the luck of the ballot, one fan misses out on Forest, gets Huddersfield on a Tuesday night instead when they have work.

Can the club come up with a system where you can exclude yourself from a ballot for a game you can’t make? Not sure. But yet again it’s short notice for the clubs to act upon.

Finally, I wonder what the possibility of running a reduced hospitality service where you’re excluded from the 4000, instead falling under the drink with a substantial meal category. Just so happens your table is next to a window where a football match is taking place?

1 minute ago, Retro_RAM said:

I agree it should be based on area and a percentage of the stadium capacity. 4k for Man Utd, Arsenal, England etc is nothing, hell any team with a 30k+ stadium it's quite minimal but 4k for the likes of Burton Albion it's there usual attendance.

I've never heard anything so ridiculous, what absolute rubbish. Burton never get 4000...??

Looks like a North/South divide then. 

I will be interested to see how Steve Gibson reacts as Boro can't have any fans in, where Brentford can fill almost half their stadium with home fans.

Doesn't sound very fair to me. 

Fairest thing would be to do what the Dutch did, just cancel the season and we'll go again next year. ?

On 23/11/2020 at 19:04, Old Spalding Ram said:

Boris Johnson this afternoon answering a question regards why can’t tiers be decided on local council case rates.

“On this point about local or regional, alas, the disease is no respecter of borough boundaries and we have to have some regions in which to constitute the tiers that are sensible and large enough”

Well, that means, according to my tea leaves, large regions.

East Midlands (Leicester, Notts, Lincs, Derby’s)............tier three!

The tea leaves have spoken.

Next season don’t look too good either...............Tuesday night trip to AFC Wimbledon!?

33 minutes ago, superzak said:

Until all teams in the championship can have fans in...no one should be allowed fans...as by the odd results this season having fans in makes a massive difference to home results.

I know the EFL and FA want fans back asap, but it simply can't be right that some teams will have supporters while others are banned - makes a mockery of the whole competition.....wonder if Gibson is up for a legal challenge to the decision?.....

39 minutes ago, superzak said:

Until all teams in the championship can have fans in...no one should be allowed fans...as by the odd results this season having fans in makes a massive difference to home results.

Thats a really good , point though I expect it will be ignored

Archived