Fans allowed back after Dec 2nd

Curtains

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My area should be in a lower tier ,my pub should be open, my gym should be open, my golf course should be open , my football club should be allowed fans attending a lot of selfish people that want everyone else to follow the rules but not themselves.

Just look at the crowd in the Reading v Gump game. 2000 fans in, but are quite crowded together. Only 1 stand is open and the first 10 rows or so are blocked off, so fans are just a seat apart. It looks like an U23 game at Pride Park.  Madness.  

Looking at the Millwall fans, less than 10% wearing masks, a few standing up and clearly several groups of mates all sitting together. 

If football doesn't get this right, then the government may change the rules again. 

On 03/12/2020 at 18:14, Tamworthram said:

I don't think tiers will be reviewed until after 4 weeks will they? 

16th December 

7 hours ago, sage said:

Looking at the Millwall fans, less than 10% wearing masks, a few standing up and clearly several groups of mates all sitting together. 

If football doesn't get this right, then the government may change the rules again. 

The match at the Emirates midweek looked really well organised, fans well spaced and unused seats covered over and by and large the Premier league games today looked to be following the rules. Watching the EFL on Quest however it looked very different, Brentford seemed to have all their fans crammed in one stand, as did Norwich with not a mask in sight. I think you are right, if the clubs and EFL don't enforce the guidelines adequately they could end up shooting themselves in the foot here. 

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet?

"Whilst Derby will remain as a Covid-19 Tier 3 location until next week’s UK Government review, with Pride Park Stadium continuing to host matches behind closed doors, the club continues to liaise closely with the appropriate authorities to ensure a robust operational plan is in place for when a limited number of Rams supporters can safely return.

With around 10,000 Season Ticket Holders and Seasonal Hospitality Members registered for the current season, accommodating only 2,000 spectators (Tier 2) or 4,000 spectators (Tier 1) at Pride Park Stadium is complex.

However, after consultation with other football clubs and Derby County supporter representatives, the club has determined that, when appropriate:

* Tickets will be strictly restricted to 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders and Seasonal Hospitality Members with either a Tier 1 or Tier 2 address (those with a Tier 3 address should not apply for tickets). Away supporters will not be allocated any tickets

* Tickets will only be available online from 10am 7-days before the match, and attendees must agree to the Terms & Conditions and Covid-19 Supporters Code of Conduct, click HERE

* Season Ticket Holders can apply for ONE ticket for each Fan ID on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, the location of which will be restricted to single and paired seats in the East Stand if only 2,000 spectators (Tier 2) or East & North Stands if 4,000 spectators (Tier 1).

* Paired seats will have 3-seat social distancing on the same row and single seats will be on the rows in front/behind, ensuring all sets of seats are socially distanced by at least 1-metre. Seats adjacent to the aisles will be unavailable; and designated ‘Passing Places’ will be installed in every block

* Season Ticket Holders issued with a ticket will be unable to attend another match until such time as their fellow Season Ticket Holders have had the opportunity of attending

The club will provide a further update following next week’s UK Government review.

For the latest UK Government Covid-19 guidance, please visit gov.uk/coronavirus."

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty much exactly how I thought they’d handle ticket sales. All seems pretty fair to me. Didn’t realise there were so few season ticket holders, might get to go to a few more games than originally thought. If we ever get out of Tier 3, that is.

No doubt some will be unhappy and demanding more answers today but, on first reading it all seems pretty fair and probably the best they could do.

Given the uncertainty, I'm also not too surprised at the number of season tickets sold. 

18 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I like the fact that, being within a 2 mile walk (0.88miles as the crow flies), once the stadium is allowed, I'll be allowed to apply*  It would be a shame (but correct) for those STH's who may remain in a tier 3 area, if, as, and when Derby gets bumped up a level (or two).

I like the fact that, should the North Stand be opened up (for a Tier 1 game), nobody will be sat in my usual (Aisle) seat.  :-)

I like that the rules state we must wear a face covering "at all times within the stadium and designated areas surrounding the stadium unless consuming refreshments".  (With the exception of those covered by a DCFC issued Exemption pass, that is). 

I like that we can, once again, take a picnic in with us, without fear of confiscation!  :-)  (I'm joking!  Jeez!)

I'd sincerely hope that anyone nobhead enough to think they are above the rules would be governed by similar sanctions as per rule 8.  Perhaps rule 8 could be reworded to avoid any "miscomprehension" by said nobhead!  eg... "Anyone not adhering to these rules... for whatever reason... etc... ejected with a boot in their ar5e... lifetime ban... etc"!

One assumes(?) that anyone getting such a ticket would pay up, and the previously agreed "credit against 21/22 ST" would continue unaffected?  This (assumption), as opposed to a free matchday ticket, but one less "game credit" for the next renewal? 

All in all, I very much like the code of conduct.  However, that is assuming that DCFC put all the necessary signage/systems etc in place, and at least attempt to govern them properly, and firmly. 
Whilst I trust the club to play it's part (rightly or wrongly), I still feel the need to add an * to my first line above, as I'm not yet convinced I can trust my fellow football fans to follow the rules.

For that reason, I tentatively remain a "Thanks, but no thanks".

So, based on the 2000 per game in tier 2, and with c. 10,000 eligible to apply, even I can do the maths...

1 game in 5 at worst.  Less those that live in a tier 3, less those (like me) who would qualify, but simply don't fancy it just yet.

So those that do fancy it, could be in with a chance of attending a quarter of the remaining games (From the point we get promoted to Tier 2).

Surely there's at least a hint of a smile now @B4ev6is?  Enjoy, buddy!  :-)  

33 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty much exactly how I thought they’d handle ticket sales. All seems pretty fair to me. Didn’t realise there were so few season ticket holders, might get to go to a few more games than originally thought. If we ever get out of Tier 3, that is.

we normally have in excess of 20k but Covid has prompted a lot not to renew.  I dont this is the best way as they have an opportunity to make sure all of the 10k have the chance of watching the games and not just the people who are able to get on the phone first 

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So, based on the 2000 per game in tier 2, and with c. 10,000 eligible to apply, even I can do the maths...

1 game in 5 at worst.  Less those that live in a tier 3, less those (like me) who would qualify, but simply don't fancy it just yet.

So those that do fancy it, could be in with a chance of attending a quarter of the remaining games (From the point we get promoted to Tier 2).

Surely there's at least a hint of a smile now @B4ev6is?  Enjoy, buddy!  ?

I still could miss out but I just think we could allow all fans in.

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

No doubt some will be unhappy and demanding more answers today but, on first reading it all seems pretty fair and probably the best they could do.

Given the uncertainty, I'm also not too surprised at the number of season tickets sold. 

I suppose non season ticket holders won’t be pleased, but I think it’s only fair to give the tickets to those who gave the club their money, without knowing whether they’ll ever get it back. 

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I still could miss out but I just think we could allow all fans in.

Assuming you live in the City of Derby?

If and when we go up to level 2, if we get 5 home games in, you'll be eligible for at least one of those.

(Once any of us get to a game, we're not allowed another one until everyone who wants to go, has had their chance).

#prayforatleast5homegames

#wishuponaB4star

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Assuming you live in the City of Derby?

If and when we go up to level 2, if we get 5 home games in, you'll be eligible for at least one of those.

(Once any of us get to a game, we're not allowed another one until everyone who wants to go, has had their chance).

#prayforatleast5homegames

#wishuponaB4star

I really really want to go but I still know even live in Derby it could depend which of Derby you live in and what tier it is in.

Archived