Fans allowed back after Dec 2nd

Curtains

Maybe the fans that are allowed to attend will be so pleased to get back into Pride Park they will forget about the booing and moaning, and actually get behind the team for a change? 

I watched SKC MLS play off game last night, fans were very sparse but the noise and encouragement was very noticeable. I am sure the players will appreciate the applause - you can make a noise without singing, you know!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's a positive step...

Yes.  I suspect the word "positive" will be used quite a bit, once this takes off!

Some initial thoughts... All assuming we at DCFC are allowed any fans at all (subject to what tier we are in): 

I assume DCFC will be offering tickets to ST Holders only? (That's me in with a shout).
I assume DCFC will be governed to offering tickets to certain, yet specific, postcodes only, as travel restrictions will still be in place? (Being a 25 minute walk from the stadium, that's me in with a shout).
I assume those that get offered the chance to attend will be given 2 options... Accept or decline.  If I'm honest, I really don't know which way I'd go, at this stage.  I'd probably hope to be a little way down the list, and see how the first few (attended) games go, before I have to make a decision.
I seriously doubt the option to pass on your ticket to someone else will be denied, and it wouldn't surprise me if photo ID will be required, alongside the entrance ticket itself?
I wonder that, should an offer to attend be declined, whether the credit (towards 21/22 ST) for that particular game would still be applied, or whether it will be a case of "You refuse, you lose"?
I wonder that, should an offer to attend be declined, (for whatever reason), whether future offers would still be made (Should the process run long enough for your name to come around again), or whether you'd be "struck off", for future invitations?

Lots of If's, But's, and Maybe's.
Lot's of questions.
Lot's for many of us to think about!

COYRs  ? 

Phew, I can go and sit with 4000 random strangers in a football stadium but not allowed more than 5 members of my family in my garden, makes perfect sense.

I have absolutely no interest in going back. Football is about the whole matchday for me.

If it is just about watching the match, happy to do that from the comfort of my living room.

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Phew, I can go and sit with 4000 random strangers in a football stadium but not allowed more than 5 members of my family in my garden, makes perfect sense.

I have absolutely no interest in going back. Football is about the whole matchday for me.

If it is just about watching the match, happy to do that from the comfort of my living room.

We're all different aren't we ?.

I'm the opposite. I'd go back. I hate everything about match day, apart from the 90 odd minutes of football. I even hate half time!

Boris Johnson this afternoon answering a question regards why can’t tiers be decided on local council case rates.

“On this point about local or regional, alas, the disease is no respecter of borough boundaries and we have to have some regions in which to constitute the tiers that are sensible and large enough”

Well, that means, according to my tea leaves, large regions.

East Midlands (Leicester, Notts, Lincs, Derby’s)............tier three!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Maybe not?

IMO the club should now be emailing all ST holders to confirm how many ST holders are in their household/support bubble, confirm the district they live in and ask for preferences for weekend or weekday games. 

40 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

We're all different aren't we ?.

I'm the opposite. I'd go back. I hate everything about match day, apart from the 90 odd minutes of football. I even hate half time!

I think sitting in a 80% empty ground would probably kill of the little bit of love that I have for what once what I lived and breathed for!

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think sitting in a 80% empty ground would probably kill of the little bit of love that I have for what once what I lived and breathed for!

you can always pretend you are a boro fan.

I'd take up the offer given the chance.

I've been to plenty of reserve games with less than 4000 in and find the people that attend are actually interested in the match rather than checking their phone every 2 minutes.

First criteria should be fans that haven't asked for a refund or moaned about the lack of news on refunds.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'd take up the offer given the chance.

I've been to plenty of reserve games with less than 4000 in and find the people that attend are actually interested in the match rather than checking their phone every 2 minutes.

First criteria should be fans that haven't asked for a refund or moaned about the lack of news on refunds.

Can I give you applause and a laugh at the same time? 

If I was 20 years younger I would return in a flash. Might wait on for the vaccine now.

Can I go to the youth games instead? 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Maybe the fans that are allowed to attend will be so pleased to get back into Pride Park they will forget about the booing and moaning, and actually get behind the team for a change? 

I watched SKC MLS play off game last night, fans were very sparse but the noise and encouragement was very noticeable. I am sure the players will appreciate the applause - you can make a noise without singing, you know!

What was the atmosphere like for the U18 League Final. It doesn't take many to encourage the lads on the field.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why capped at 4,000? Surely clubs such as Man Utd should have be able to host more spectators in their ground than Exeter in their 8,830 capacity stadium?

Exactly. Unfortunately such observations are beyond the numpties masquerading as a government..... 

Archived