Wrexham

brady1993

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of many poorer investment choices than a non-league club hemorrhaging money with a relatively small fanbase and a league with tight financial restrictions in the midst of a pandemic. 

They are going to struggle to make any sort of money out of it, much more likely to lose money, plus the PR will be forgotten within a couple of weeks - a month at most. It's a bit of a gimmick, although if it keeps Wrexham from going under then I doubt their fans will give the slightest care. 

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I can't think of many poorer investment choices than a non-league club hemorrhaging money with a relatively small fanbase and a league with tight financial restrictions in the midst of a pandemic. 

They are going to struggle to make any sort of money out of it, much more likely to lose money, plus the PR will be forgotten within a couple of weeks - a month at most. It's a bit of a gimmick, although if it keeps Wrexham from going under then I doubt their fans will give the slightest care. 

Are there spending limits in non league? If they get promoted they'd have a salary cap, but still no limit on transfer fees until they got to the Championship.

I agree they probably won't make money, but is that the only reason they've done it? If it is only money the only aim will be promotion to the Prem where they will make a lot of money.

No reason they shouldn't get a club to league one.  They'll need a fair bit more cash to go any further with ground upgrades and wages. There fans would probably take that now, but like most fans a bit of success leaves you expecting more.

As for a global brand, unless one of them starts crapping metre long gold bars like an elephant with the poops, there's more chance of me getting a phone call from Mel when he sells up, asking me if I fancy a week in the presidential suite at Caesars palace with playboy bunnies on tap.

Bloody hell the phones ringing, who's that at this time of night.. 

It looks to me that they're probably going to turn this into a "meme" club. Something lighthearted and fun which can be anyones second team because they're a fan of Ryan Reynolds. It's how he's approached the rest of his business ventures. Get's lots of clicks and business that way.

Clean up the badge, get a few decent looking kits out and have them seen in a few funny sketches or shows then you'll get people wearing them. People won't be bothered by wearing another teams kit because they're not in the same league as your main team.

On 16/11/2020 at 16:55, Ambitious said:

I think they are trying to agree a football documentary with one of the big streaming sites, raise the profile of the club and sell it to the world. Could work great could be a disaster.

4 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

I think they are trying to agree a football documentary with one of the big streaming sites, raise the profile of the club and sell it to the world. Could work great could be a disaster.

I still just think of it in terms of "it's always sunny in Philadelphia" - The gang buy Wrexham AFC.

Danny de Vito as manager.

Archived